WOW! NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream! (Review)

MonaLisa said:
Okay Pooh. I need to pick me up some Lacio Lacio for my next moisturizer...and get rid of my Mango Butter...

ignore me...everybody should use it the way they want to.

k?
:lol: You're so silly ML!

Tee Tee2 said:
I'm looking for something that I can use for braidouts. Something that will make my hair soft to the touch. Can this be used on dry hair for braidouts? I'm confused.Is it a leave in conditioner? or a moisturizer? sorry I didnt read through all the post so if this was explained,forgive me :( TeeTee2

LOL...Poor Tee Tee....

I use the NTM as my leave in on wet hair. Sylver likes to utilize this product on dry hair. Some have taken to using it as a moisturizer....I prefer to have a stand alone moisturizer for daily use on dry hair.

Someone may come along with more suggestions for braidout purposes...but I like Elasta QP Mango Butter.

HTH.

Tee Tee2 said:
I'm looking for something that I can use for braidouts. Something that will make my hair soft to the touch. Can this be used on dry hair for braidouts? I'm confused.Is it a leave in conditioner? or a moisturizer? sorry I didnt read through all the post so if this was explained,forgive me :(

TeeTee2
I know MonaLisa is gonna hate me for this but...:look: here it goes...I don't see why you couldn't use it for a braidout!!! :grin:
I used to have S-Curl for braidouts, and to me, S-Curl feels similar to NTM Silk Touch except S-Curl is more on the watery side. I haven't done a braidout since December, but it wouldn't hurt to try this product out! :cool:

Thanks MonaLisa and Poohbear....Right now I use Pantene daily oil cream for my braidouts but its not doing what it used to do and I notice my braidouts arent soft and moisturized. I end up having to use a leave in conditioner just to combat the dryness from the Pantene. Elasta QP sounds interesting. Everytime I've tried to find this stuff I could never find it.

Poohbear,
I may go ahead and give the NTM a try just to see what happens.

Thanks everyone!

TeeTee2

Tee Tee2 said:
Thanks MonaLisa and Poohbear....Right now I use Pantene daily oil cream for my braidouts but its not doing what it used to do and I notice my braidouts arent soft and moisturized. I end up having to use a leave in conditioner just to combat the dryness from the Pantene. Elasta QP sounds interesting. Everytime I've tried to find this stuff I could never find it.

Poohbear,
I may go ahead and give the NTM a try just to see what happens.

Thanks everyone!

TeeTee2
Yeah, I've been going back and forth with Pantene R&N Daily Oil Cream Moisturizer. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. It works good right when I put it in my hair for moisturizing and smoothing, but after a while, my hair starts to feel hard from it. I don't know what's up with that product, but I'm glad I'm almost out of it. :yep: *I might just go ahead and throw it away but I don't like for things to go to waste*

I agree Poohbear. I'm almost out too and wont be purchasing it again. I'm happy with all my hair products so far but now I'll need to be on the lookout for a new hair cream since Pantene is no longer doin it'. When you said it goes on nice and smooth but then gets hard,I was like yeah thats exactly what I'm talking about. Thats cool though,I love searching for new products :)

Thanks for your tip.....off to the store I go to....LOL

TeeTee2

Poohbear and Tee Tee

OT: I'm guessing its the mineral oil in the Pantene Oil Moist. tha's drying your hair out.

Now back to NTM: I LOVE this stuff. You should try mixing the serum with the leave in on damp hair. The shine is incredible. Today after my touch up I used my NTM leave in mixed with Lacio Lacio. The softness and shine was awesome.

Poohbear I think you will get good results using this on your hair before you use the Maxiglide.

simplycee said:
Poohbear and Tee Tee

OT: I'm guessing its the mineral oil in the Pantene Oil Moist. tha's drying your hair out.

Now back to NTM: I LOVE this stuff. You should try mixing the serum with the leave in on damp hair. The shine is incredible. Today after my touch up I used my NTM leave in mixed with Lacio Lacio. The softness and shine was awesome.

Poohbear I think you will get good results using this on your hair before you use the Maxiglide.

Dang! I just looked at the ingredients Pantene got mineral oil, petrolatum, and lanolin alcohol! :eek: geez! i guess this is one product that has these ingredients that makes it bad. because i still love grease and it has mineral oil and petrolatum in it. oh well, maybe its that lanolin alcohol drying our hair out! I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this Pantene stuff out (I have like a tbsp left in that bottle :lol: ) and start using my NTM cream and Elasta QP Recovery (alternate between the two) ;)

Just got back from CVS...the first one was out of the leave-in so I went to another :) I got two leavins, two DDC and two masks and one Shampoo... I love the smell of all of them

Poohbear said:
Dang! I just looked at the ingredients Pantene got mineral oil, petrolatum, and lanolin alcohol! :eek: geez! i guess this is one product that has these ingredients that makes it bad. because i still love grease and it has mineral oil and petrolatum in it. oh well, maybe its that lanolin alcohol drying our hair out! I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this Pantene stuff out (I have like a tbsp left in that bottle :lol: ) and start using my NTM cream and Elasta QP Recovery (alternate between the two) ;)

Cracking up @ :eek:!!! LOL!

"Now back to NTM: I LOVE this stuff. You should try mixing the serum with the leave in on damp hair. The shine is incredible. Today after my touch up I used my NTM leave in mixed with Lacio Lacio. The softness and shine was awesome."

@SimplyCee - I so have to try this at some point. I was gonna try it with the Rusk...but I'll have to seek that out at Walgreen's someplace.

"Just got back from CVS...the first one was out of the leave-in so I went to another :) I got two leavins, two DDC and two masks and one Shampoo... I love the smell of all of them"

@lkg4 - Yes, I am dripping a tinyyyyy lil bit...of haterade at the moment. Get your NTM on girl. Back it up...and slap that conditioner on.;)

@monalisa:
:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE RUSK SMOOTHERS :love:

that with john frieda xtra strength serum keeps my hair on my head!!!! :bouncy:

all this talk about ntm makes me want to wash my hair right now just so i can use it!!!!!:grin:

i am afraid to use the leave-in though bc i love rusks soooo much!

Last edited:
Okay forgive me for being slow today, but what exactly are we talking bout here? The Daily deep conditioner as a leave in or the actual silk touch leave in?
Im sorry, just a little confused.

thanx!

LeNghtyDreAms said:
Okay forgive me for being slow today, but what exactly are we talking bout here? The Daily deep conditioner as a leave in or the actual silk touch leave in?
Im sorry, just a little confused.

thanx!

Silk Touch Leave-in Cream ;)

Just some ladies here are mentioning other NTM products like the DDC and the serum that they like! Makes me wanna try the whole line! :spinning:

You should have saw my face when I saw how many replies this thread got today.:yay:

@ Vangrey
I'm so glad you discovered the RUSK smoother and John Frieda-They are the BOMB DIGGiTY:bouncegre

@MONa I said it b4, I say it again u are Crazy girl, but a good kind of crazy,:Dlol. My main NTM partner in crime. We are doing it.. spreading the good word of NTM.

I most definatly use NTM Silk Touch Cream on my braidouts. Before, after and during.
It does not make my hair frizzy or drawn up. Its perfect. For me I don't need any type of moisturizer at all. This is it. I love it.

Thanks sylver2, MonaLisa, and everyone else who have raved about NTM! Y'all are something else when it comes to hair products! :grin:

vangrey said:
@monalisa:
:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE RUSK SMOOTHERS :love:

that with john frieda xtra strength serum keeps my hair on my head!!!!

all this talk about ntm makes me want to wash my hair right now just so i can use it!!!!!:grin: i am afraid to use the leave-in though bc i love rusks soooo much!

@ Vangrey - Awww dayum...I probably will try it with both, the lacio lacio and the rusk..but the NTM will definitely be in the mix.

I just finished doing my Aphoghee, so I'm sitting with my NTM and a plastic cap for the overnight saturation.

I'll take ya word on the john frieda xtra strength serum...I used the relax serum since it came out until I found the NTM serum...then I fell in love:love:

@MONa I said it b4, I say it again u are Crazy girl, but a good kind of crazy,:Dlol. My main NTM partner in crime. We are doing it.. spreading the good word of NTM.

I most definatly use NTM Silk Touch Cream on my braidouts. Before, after and during.
It does not make my hair frizzy or drawn up. Its perfect. For me I don't need any type of moisturizer at all. This is it. I love it.

@ Sylver *Mo throws up NTM gang sign, forming an N, a T, then a M with her fingers*

Sylver: "There's a gang sign?"
Mo: "No, I just made it up! Just roll with it damnit..."

LOL....mad at u and ur extra moist hair that you don't need anything else! ;)

@NTM Spokeswomen:
ya'll are crazy :bouncy: especially mona with that gang sign!!!! :lachen: wait til i use the whole product line next week and take a bunch of pictures imma start another thread "NTM HAS DONE IT AGAIN" :grin: pjs be afraid, mona and sylver don started something up in here! :D
@sylver: you aint neva lied about that killer combo, it made my hair soooo silky. now im trying to figure a way of incorporating the ntm stuff into my regimen without product overload.

SimplyCee,

I think you're right about the mineral oil in the Pantene Daily Oil Cream. I'm going to do just like Poohbear and throw this stuff out....

I didnt get the leave in cream today but I have always used the NTM serum and can I say I love it,love it,love it!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the tips everyone and I decided I'm either going to try the Elasta QP or the NTM leave in for my braidouts. Havent decided yet but I love the idea about mixing the leave in with the serum. All these great ideas is leaving me all confused.

Sylver2,

We have the same hair texture and I know you said the leave in works great for your braidouts so maybe it would work for mine too.

TeeTee2

I got this yesterday, used it today on wet hair and really liked my results. I am surprised to read that I can use it on dry hair too (though I doubt it will be enough moisture for my parched ends). I'm really loving NTM. :)

Glad you liked it Cincysweetie! I love the smell as well... smells good enuff 2 eat! :lick:

When I discovered it at the end of last summer, I was instantly sold, and I continue to use it every CO wash and shampoo...it gives my hair a lot of "slip" and makes it easier to comb. I love it too!! :D

Jewell said:
When I discovered it at the end of last summer, I was instantly sold, and I continue to use it every CO wash and shampoo...it gives my hair a lot of "slip" and makes it easier to comb. I love it too!! :D
It def. made mine easier to comb too. I was actually able to finger comb my hair. :)

I am so glad that I decided to give this a try!!! Thank-you Poohbear and Sylver2!! The NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream is the finishing xtra touch that my regimen was truly looking for. I have another winning staple product!!!

I finally found some, and I cant wait to try it out this weekend..I saw an add for it with Gabrielle Union in Essence magazine..

I finally gave in and bought this product today. I plan on washing tomorrow so Poohbeah I'll let you know the results....Thanks for the tip!

TeeTee2

Hi Poohbear,

I just had to thank you for your review on this product. I tried it tonight and I'm in love girl!!!!! thank you!

TeeTee2

Back