WOW!!! I AM SOOOO LIVID RIGHT NOW!!!!

ttlayli

Whoever PM'ed me about my stylist (ahem, former stylist) DO NOT GO SEE HER EVER!!!!!! :swearing: FORGET MY PREVIOUS RAVES ABOUT HER!!

Okay...so I have been pre-pooing, using Indian products, moisturizing, sealing...everything that's pretty great for hair right????

To flat-iron I airdry by banding (thanxs Pokahontas!!!) and then flat-iron....my hair gets straight....but my roots are still puffy and I don't have those salon results....

So I figured, hmmm I can do my reggie....BUT I can go to my stylist so she can FLAT-IRON!!

So I called her like twenty minutes ago to make an appointment with her this Saturday and I explained to her how I was coming in with my hair already airdryed...

She asked where I got my advice from; I lied and said my Aunt. She then has the nerve to tell me that I'm causing more damage with banding because I'm "stretching the hair while it's wet and it's gonna break!" then informs me that blowdryers are not bad because "they smooth the hair and bring out hairs natural oils..." :rolleyes: WHATEVER!!!! So when she asked if my hair has been hard, I informed her that my hair has been soft and she then went on a rant reminding me how she has done my hair for free and how I'm insulting her by taking advice from someone who's not a stylist!! I'm on the phone shocked and then I tell her that she is "taking this way overboard and it's not that serious..." She cuts me off and tells me "FIRST OF ALL YOU CUT ME OFF..." then hangs up on me!!!!!! :blush: I'm like are you kidding me!!!!??? This 43 yr old GROWN WOMAN HUNG UP ON ME?! Cuz I want to cut out the blowdryer!!!?? Some of you may be used to me posting about her previously, but I look at this as a good sign. This is a woman who knows my hair has been stuck at BSL for YEARS and really believes she is doing EVERYTHING right; I mean, I know I didn't go to "hair school" but I can't decide what I want done to my OWN HAIR!!!!??? :nono:

Sorry for the LONG post ladies, but I'm sooo upset. I mean, I WAS going to her for about 7 yrs....

Now since my hair is single....I need tips with the flatiron!!! :lachen: I have a FHI but I'm not getting the results I want, esp. with the naps all in my roots!!!!! :grin:

Okay that was weird!! She may have been PMSing on something. Need to get her some bottles of Black cohosh and Chaste tree berry with the quickness.

Anyway, You may need to hold the flatiron down a little bit on the roots. But I may not be the one for giving advice, I can never really get my roots bone straight.

I hope she calls you later to apologize. That was just bizarre.

Whoever PM'ed me about my stylist (ahem, former stylist) DO NOT GO SEE HER EVER!!!!!! :swearing: FORGET MY PREVIOUS RAVES ABOUT HER!!

Okay...so I have been pre-pooing, using Indian products, moisturizing, sealing...everything that's pretty great for hair right????

To flat-iron I airdry by banding (thanxs Pokahontas!!!) and then flat-iron....my hair gets straight....but my roots are still puffy and I don't have those salon results....

So I figured, hmmm I can do my reggie....BUT I can go to my stylist so she can FLAT-IRON!!

So I called her like twenty minutes ago to make an appointment with her this Saturday and I explained to her how I was coming in with my hair already airdryed...

She asked where I got my advice from; I lied and said my Aunt. She then has the nerve to tell me that I'm causing more damage with banding because I'm "stretching the hair while it's wet and it's gonna break!" then informs me that blowdryers are not bad because "they smooth the hair and bring out hairs natural oils..." :rolleyes: WHATEVER!!!! So when she asked if my hair has been hard, I informed her that my hair has been soft and she then went on a rant reminding me how she has done my hair for free and how I'm insulting her by taking advice from someone who's not a stylist!! I'm on the phone shocked and then I tell her that she is "taking this way overboard and it's not that serious..." She cuts me off and tells me "FIRST OF ALL YOU CUT ME OFF..." then hangs up on me!!!!!! :blush: I'm like are you kidding me!!!!??? This 43 yr old GROWN WOMAN HUNG UP ON ME?! Cuz I want to cut out the blowdryer!!!?? Some of you may be used to me posting about her previously, but I look at this as a good sign. This is a woman who knows my hair has been stuck at BSL for YEARS and really believes she is doing EVERYTHING right; I mean, I know I didn't go to "hair school" but I can't decide what I want done to my OWN HAIR!!!!??? :nono:

Sorry for the LONG post ladies, but I'm sooo upset. I mean, I WAS going to her for about 7 yrs....

Now since my hair is single....I need tips with the flatiron!!! :lachen: I have a FHI but I'm not getting the results I want, esp. with the naps all in my roots!!!!! :grin:

Hell to the naw @ ther bolded part!! Girl, I'm livid for you...that's my #1 pet peeve.

I'm so sorry about the stylist. You'll be good all by yourself. As for flatironing, when I have alot of NG, I section my hair into very small sections and then pull each section tautly between my fingers so that the NG straightens out and then quickly go over the NG. I then let it cool for a second, then I press the rest of the length. I also use Keracare's Creme Press which keeps it straight. I'm sure that you will get the hang of it soon (((HUGS))).

Wow is right! Hopefully she will call you back and apologize for being unprofessional at least.

Okay that was weird!! She may have been PMSing on something. Need to get her some bottles of Black cohosh and Chaste tree berry with the quickness.

Anyway, You may need to hold the flatiron down a little bit on the roots. But I may not be the one for giving advice, I can never really get my roots bone straight.

Nope she wasn't!! She is a know-it-all...I just off the phone with my mom and she said she wasn't surprised how she reacted! :rolleyes:

And girl...that will prob. be the last time I speak to her. Her royal-ness "KNOWS" she's been wrong, so she won't call back...but she prob. will go into the salon tomorrow clowning me! Thank gosh I never told her my bizness! :lachen:

Whoa, be glad you are done with her, you may have gotten an unwanted haircut on Saturday. Then you would have been really :swearing: .

Hell to the naw @ ther bolded part!! Girl, I'm livid for you...that's my #1 pet peeve.

I'm so sorry about the stylist. You'll be good all by yourself. As for flatironing, when I have alot of NG, I section my hair into very small sections and then pull each section tautly between my fingers so that the NG straightens out and then quickly go over the NG. I then let it cool for a second, then I press the rest of the length. I also use Keracare's Creme Press which keeps it straight. I'm sure that you will get the hang of it soon (((HUGS))).

:lachen: That made me crack up!!! :lachen:

Thanks for the tips girl...I need to try that! :drunk:

Unbelieveable...how unprofessional could she get?? :ohwell:

Anyway, I don't have too much advice on the flat ironing since I don't flat iron my roots much, but your hair is beautiful and I think you're doing a wonderful job doing what you're doing. I do hope you can find a stylist you like, cause that ain't easy!

HHG!! :bighug:

Whoa, be glad you are done with her, you may have gotten an unwanted haircut on Saturday. Then you would have been really :swearing: .

Whoa Nothing!!! I'm looking @ ur hair....daaannnnggggg!!! It's so purty and thick!

Ok back to the subject :lachen:....

Yup at this point I wouldn't put it past her....even if she does call me (which I HIGHLY doubt) I am NEVER going to her again...If ur gonna trip cuz I don't want something done to MY hair, then I'm cool u know??

Nope she wasn't!! She is a know-it-all...I just off the phone with my mom and she said she wasn't surprised how she reacted! :rolleyes:

And girl...that will prob. be the last time I speak to her. Her royal-ness "KNOWS" she's been wrong, so she won't call back...but she prob. will go into the salon tomorrow clowning me! Thank gosh I never told her my bizness! :lachen:

Honestly there are too many stylist like that. To arrogant and high post. I cannot stand that. But, still to hang up on you!?! She could have gotten crazy business from other ladies on the board - you know how we do! :yep: But instead she will be on the "Do Not Go To..." list. That is just bad business right there.

She really bugged out, I wonder why? It can't because of money since you were still coming in

Girl your right the money had nothing to do with it! SHE IS A CONTROL FREAK AND A KNOW-IT-ALL...

Like when I was going to her every week my hair was DRY....now that wasn't entirely her fault; at that point I wasn't moisturizing or sealing or doing a lot of things that I later found on the forum.

But since I found the forum (and plus because I'm a starving student, I haven't been going in as much), she complains more.

For example, when I heard about coconut oil on the forum I started using it (LOVE IT) and for weeks I pre-poo'd, moisturized, and sealed with C.O.....my hair was doing soooo good.

But when I went to see hair, she had the nerve to say that my hair has "never been in worst condition"...PUH-LEEZE!! Even after she blowdryed my hair was still like butter!!!

Her point was, is that she wants to be the only person to give my advice or to follow HER REGIMEN....if that makes sense....it's a pride thing with her...

Honestly there are too many stylist like that. To arrogant and high post. I cannot stand that. But, still to hang up on you!?! She could have gotten crazy business from other ladies on the board - you know how we do! :yep: But instead she will be on the "Do Not Go To..." list. That is just bad business right there.

Girl, u do not realize how many ladies I gave her number to on the forum....she messed up!!! She don't realize I'm Niko's cuzo!!! This is a BIG family!!! LOL :lachen:

Whoa! Sorry to hear that happened! Perhaps she had a bad day but that was really rude of her to hang up the phone and all.:lachen: I chuckled at the 'blow dryer brings out natural oils' :lachen:.
Well its better over the the phone than you sittng in her chair... you probably would have gone home with a few extra inches off :nono: Sorry to hear this and I hope she comes to her senses and apologizes.:yep:

Whoaaaa!!!! But to go so far as to hang up in your face? Ughhhh, the nerve!!! You so deserve an apology! Don't let her get you down for doing what YOUR hair LIKES, since it's NOT on her HEAD!!

Do what I did learn on your own how to style and keep your own hair up until you find a stylist that will listen to your concerns and what you want her/him to do with your hair and not only that try and find out is she on meds or just plain crazy you can do that by saying the same thing you said to the last stylist as far as what you want and if she acted up cut that *****.

I hate stylist like that I had one that was so opininated that I walked out on her while she was telling me what to do with my hair.:wallbash: I mean I'm paying my money not only that but I have been taking care of my hair for a few years and have gotten better results then all 5 stylist I have been to in the past:rolleyes: Not only that but I'm the one who have to walk around trying to accept a style/service that I recieved but am not statisfied with.

These Stylist are trip and insane for years they have made$$$$$ money off of my ignorance and tolerance but never again. :grin:

Whoa! Sorry to hear that happened! Perhaps she had a bad day but that was really rude of her to hang up the phone and all.:lachen: I chuckled at the 'blow dryer brings out natural oils' :lachen:.
Well its better over the the phone than you sittng in her chair... you probably would have gone home with a few extra inches off :nono: Sorry to hear this and I hope she comes to her senses and apologizes.:yep:

Okay?!? As soon as she said that I was like "she really is tripping!" :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: ITA!!! I've used the carmel treatment as a prepoo before, and gotten wonderful results with a flat iron afterwards.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...hlight=caramel

HTH

Whoaaaa!!!! But to go so far as to hang up in your face? Ughhhh, the nerve!!! You so deserve an apology! Don't let her get you down for doing what YOUR hair LIKES, since it's NOT on her HEAD!!

Girl, I'm not getting down on myself, because since finding this forum, I have learned sooo many great things and I'm not letting ANYONE take that from me. I'm just tripping off the fact that it's MY HAIR and I don't have any say in what I want done to it!! I mean, c'mon now!!! :lachen: Then with that blowdryer comment, I realized she REALLY doesn't know what's she's doing. Cute styles, yes. Healthy hair, NO! I mean, even Oprah's Stylist Andre says that Blowdryers are like the most dangerous tool to use on your hair, and she had the nerve to say it brings "out hairs natural oils"??!! UM OK. :look:

AMEN!!!!! Just do you!! Because I have to agree with everything you just said about finding this forum. And it makes me so happy seeing those who couldn't do nothing before LHCF, and now, look at them, they're becoming pros at their own head!! And I'm doing the same thing! Do you girlie!!

This is the sort of thing that got me bald spots in the first place. My siggy is a picture I took after I took out two tracks and had my hair colored. I kept telling the Be nice. It was too tight and hurts. I end up taking the weave out and my scalp was black with dye that wasn't washed out and my hair went straight in the sink trap when I washed it. I cried for so long. I used to have nice hair. This is was led we here I was at wits ends:wallbash: I have to say that before I let anyone touch my hair. I am going to make all my rule upfront and learn to speak up. After all who is paying who.

This is the sort of thing that got me bald spots in the first place. My siggy is a picture I took after I took out two tracks and had my hair colored. I kept telling the Be nice. It was too tight and hurts. I end up taking the weave out and my scalp was black with dye that wasn't washed out and my hair went straight in the sink trap when I washed it. I cried for so long. I used to have nice hair. This is was led we here I was at wits ends:wallbash: I have to say that before I let anyone touch my hair. I am going to make all my rule upfront and learn to speak up. After all who is paying who.

On the bolded--AMEN!!!!

Whoa!!! Chiiiiiile' that's just crazy!! But hey it all happened for the good, who the heck needs a stylist like that anyways? It's folks like her who probably perpetuate the ignorance in hair care among black women and the reason as to why our hair doesn't grow, and why outside of going to a stylist it looks like $h!t.

Whatever, girl you've got to do you!!!

As to your flat ironing question, I love to flat iron my hair, do it weekly and have only had positive results... I use Chi Silk Infusion first off. I was just applying it to the hair as a whole just before flat ironing but I learned a new trick this last go around. I had accidentally spilled some of it on my desk so I was kinda forced to use a small amount on each small section before using the flat iron and my hair came out AMAZING! I part my hair into SMALL sections from ear to ear and pin the rest up toward the crown of my head. Then of that small section I divide the hair up into one inch sections and flat iron that. It allows me to be able to really get at the roots and to get a nice straight result all the way down the hair shaft. It takes time and you've got to work slowly. Sometimes I'll do two passes with the iron, I dont feel bad about it because of the heat protectant and the fact that I deep conditioned beforehand - and added a little leave in. So my hair is well moisturized when doing this. Also I always flat iron either gliding up toward the ceiling or straight out at a 90 degree angle from my head. After I'm done with the whole head my hair is swwwwiiiiinggging! lol. I have pics in my fotki of recent flat iron results.

Bottom line: She is a business woman and should conduct herself in a professional manner. Outragious. :perplexed

Would you buy from a store where the sales clerk talked to you that way? I think not. You deserve the best customer service where ever you're spending your hard earned $$$$$

VERRRRRRRRRRRRY Unprofessional:nono:! I have no, zero, zilch, nada tolerance for unprofessional so called business people! I am sorry to hear that happened to you.:sad: ............ But as for flat ironing part small sections (yea it takes longer but worth it in the end.) also I like to use natural butters like shea, avocado, mango,etc. I always get silky straight hair and you don't need much a little goes a long way. :grin: But all in all it just takes a little practice.HTH

Whoa!!! Chiiiiiile' that's just crazy!! But hey it all happened for the good, who the heck needs a stylist like that anyways? It's folks like her who probably perpetuate the ignorance in hair care among black women and the reason as to why our hair doesn't grow, and why outside of going to a stylist it looks like $h!t.

Whatever, girl you've got to do you!!!

As to your flat ironing question, I love to flat iron my hair, do it weekly and have only had positive results... I use Chi Silk Infusion first off. I was just applying it to the hair as a whole just before flat ironing but I learned a new trick this last go around. I had accidentally spilled some of it on my desk so I was kinda forced to use a small amount on each small section before using the flat iron and my hair came out AMAZING! I part my hair into SMALL sections from ear to ear and pin the rest up toward the crown of my head. Then of that small section I divide the hair up into one inch sections and flat iron that. It allows me to be able to really get at the roots and to get a nice straight result all the way down the hair shaft. It takes time and you've got to work slowly. Sometimes I'll do two passes with the iron, I dont feel bad about it because of the heat protectant and the fact that I deep conditioned beforehand - and added a little leave in. So my hair is well moisturized when doing this. Also I always flat iron either gliding up toward the ceiling or straight out at a 90 degree angle from my head. After I'm done with the whole head my hair is swwwwiiiiinggging! lol. I have pics in my fotki of recent flat iron results.

Girl I totally agree! :yep: And I should have listened to my instincts months ago because her ways scream ignorance...for example...i'm, well was texlaxed and when I wanted to get a touch up, she said there was NO SUCH THING...yet in the past she has touched up my roots. :perplexed There are sooo many situations, which is why I don't understand why I waited for things to get to this point. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I did take a look in your fotki...I need to follow what your doing, cuz ur hair is too purty! And it has grown A LOT!!! :yep:

Bottom line: She is a business woman and should conduct herself in a professional manner. Outragious. :perplexed

Would you buy from a store where the sales clerk talked to you that way? I think not. You deserve the best customer service where ever you're spending your hard earned $$$$$

I agree....when she did that, I was DONE. There's no way I would ever go back to her.:nono:

Back