Wow did you add some hair?

Alright h-words. Had me running around conspiring with folks and ish.... Q
Picture002-vi.jpg

Picture003-vi.jpg

THIS is why I'm natural!:grin:

Your hair is so gorgeous. Girl, I am drooling right now.:lachen:

your hair is a dream. I have been thinking of relaxing my hair after a year but looking at your hair I'm not so sure anymore.

How long have you been growing your hair? About pre-pooing, how it usually done? I have a very bad case of easily tangled hair, I need something to ease the tangles.
Thank you. I have been natural for 7 years but I did a bc in October 2005 just because I've always wanted a twa. For my pre-poos I put my hair in four sections and braid loosely. Then I put the castor oil on from the roots down. Once it is coated, I used my fingers to separate any tangles and put a little extra on my ends and then re-braid. I do that and then let it sit for at least 20 minutes. I wash my hair while in 4 sections too and that def helps with the tangles because instead of having this big mass of hair to detangle, you just have 4 smaller sections. While washing and conditioning, I make sure to not just smush my hair together but use my fingers to keep it smooth. Even though I have a lot of hair and it is long, it doesn't take a long time to detangle because of how I wash it. HTH Q

THIS is why I'm natural!:grin:

Your hair is so gorgeous. Girl, I am drooling right now.:lachen:
Aw, thanks girlie. :kiss: Q

Thank you. I have been natural for 7 years but I did a bc in October 2005 just because I've always wanted a twa. For my pre-poos I put my hair in four sections and braid loosely. Then I put the castor oil on from the roots down. Once it is coated, I used my fingers to separate any tangles and put a little extra on my ends and then re-braid. I do that and then let it sit for at least 20 minutes. I wash my hair while in 4 sections too and that def helps with the tangles because instead of having this big mass of hair to detangle, you just have 4 smaller sections. While washing and conditioning, I make sure to not just smush my hair together but use my fingers to keep it smooth. Even though I have a lot of hair and it is long, it doesn't take a long time to detangle because of how I wash it. HTH Q

Aw, thanks girlie. :kiss: Q

:hiya2: (Again) Que you have one well cared for head of hair, yes mama! :notworthy

It's tough to get dark textured hair to come across as healthy and shiny through photos so I can only imagine what your hair looks like in person. :lick: I really better get my hair where I want it real soon because looking at your photos is making me as antsy as a betsy bug. :skitzo:

I have the urge to run my fingers over your hair. :lovedrool:

I just had a few questions. Now why do you use castor oil before you wash? Is it to combat the harsh ingredients of the shampoo? What has oil pre-pooing done for your hair that not using it hasn't? I would love to try this but I would need several large bottles. Do you dilute your castor oil because it's so thick when I put it on my hair it feels like I am pulling it out with it? Do you apply castor oil to dry hair or wet hair? And what kind of castor oil do you use?

Sorry for so many questions. :perplexed

:hiya2: (Again) Que you have one well cared for head of hair, yes mama! :notworthy

It's tough to get dark textured hair to come across as healthy and shiny through photos so I can only imagine what your hair looks like in person. :lick: I really better get my hair where I want it real soon because looking at your photos is making me as antsy as a betsy bug. :skitzo:

I have the urge to run my fingers over your hair. :lovedrool:

I just had a few questions. Now why do you use castor oil before you wash? Is it to combat the harsh ingredients of the shampoo? What has oil pre-pooing done for your hair that not using it hasn't? I would love to try this but I would need several large bottles. Do you dilute your castor oil because it's so thick when I put it on my hair it feels like I am pulling it out with it? Do you apply castor oil to dry hair or wet hair? And what kind of castor oil do you use?

Sorry for so many questions. :perplexed
No problem. Yeah I think it does helps keep the hair from being stripped and keeps the hair from getting too tangly. I have a 32 oz bottle of The Palma Christi Castor Oil. I don't use a lot on each section maybe like a tablespoon tops. I pour it in my palm and then rub my hands to spread it out so it's not as thick. Then I carefully smooth it on. Because it is so thick, it coats really well. Most times I do it on dry hair but I have done it on wet before. I don't tug my hair as I am smoothing it down and since it is on both palms it spreads fairly easily. I use my fingers to go through and feel and while I am getting out the tangles, I am also making sure the strands get coated. I hope that makes sense.

Honestly once you find what works and get a good regimen down, your hair will thrive. I saw some of your pics and your hair looks good. Sometimes I am tempted to want to try this and that but if it ain't broke then don't fix it. HTH Q

:drool: :notworthy: your hair is beautiful que!!!! and love the references with your munchkins that's cute :grin::lachen:
Thank you!!! Q

Great story! I love to hear positivity like that. I know this is off topic, but I just had to say that your daughter is too cute! She has great hair just like her mom and is a real looker :yep:.

Great story! I love to hear positivity like that. I know this is off topic, but I just had to say that your daughter is too cute! She has great hair just like her mom and is a real looker :yep:.

Thanks girlie. Yeah her hair is the bomb. It is so soft, detangles easily, and is long. She looks just like her dad though so I can't take too much credit for the looks. :lol: Q

Back