Would you get back with him?

OP, is there more to the story? This is a no-brainer based on them "casually dating." Were they engaged? Did they date for years? Childhood sweethearts? Is the first woman convinced that he was her soul mate? Did she never get over losing him? I'm assuming she loves/loved him because it sounds like she is considering a relationship with the guy but I need more details. I don't see why she would even entertain this without a significant history with the guy.

They were H.S. sweethearts(I think), then both went away to college. Started dating a few years later. It was casual because they were getting to know each other again.

The woman says she had forgotten about him until they met again. I really don't think she was convinced he was her soul mate, tho. Her family does not think highly of him but (hold your breath for this!) thinks he is better than having no one. Her mother actually said this!

I don't think she wants him but she feels unsupported by her family suggesting take him back and bringing his name up all the time.

I told her JUST SAY NO! They are not dating but the pressure from her family has her half way questioning her decision.

I'm tired of the unnecessary drama because he is simply NOT worth it to me.

They were H.S. sweethearts(I think), then both went away to college. Started dating a few years later. It was casual because they were getting to know each other again.

The woman says she had forgotten about him until they met again. I really don't think she was convinced he was her soul mate, tho. Her family does not think highly of him but (hold your breath for this!) thinks he is better than having no one. Her mother actually said this!

I don't think she wants him but she feels unsupported by her family suggesting take him back and bringing his name up all the time.

I told her JUST SAY NO! They are not dating but the pressure from her family has her half way questioning her decision.

Family can be the worst in this respect. My mom can be annoying in the opposite (if you're so much as miffed at someone,, she's like drop him, plenty more fish in the sea) but at least she'd never encourage me to lower my standards and abandon common sense for the sake of a man

Family can be the worst in this respect. My mom can be annoying in the opposite (if you're so much as miffed at someone,, she's like drop him, plenty more fish in the sea) but at least she'd never encourage me to lower my standards and abandon common sense for the sake of a man

I love your mom for this!

Long story short:

Man and woman are casually dating.

Man asks woman out but fails to call or show up because he met another woman a day before and went out.
He tells her all the reasons new woman is better than her.
Within one year, man and new woman marry and have a child.

New woman goes crazy on man, dogs and attacks him, then divorce him.
Man is heartbroken over loss of new woman.

Man wants first woman back and to be a mother to his son, of whom he has custody.His mother wants first woman for her son,always did.

You are first woman. What do you do.

This is a true story bit is so outrageous I may turn it into a novel.

I wouldn't go back. The feelings would have been dead when he got engaged. It's not good to let a man think you'll always be there. That's a start of a very unhappy relationship for the first woman IMO.

Last edited:

That's really sad. Why can't some people get that its better to be single than be in a half a$$ relationship? Because that's exactly what this relationship is going to be like. Be a mother for your son? The ****? That's when I would have gone HAM on him. I would have told him I'm not ready/meant to be a wife/mother to hurt his feelings and let him watch me get wifed up and knocked up multiple times by the next decent dude who steps to me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go back. The feelings would have been dead when he got engaged. It's not good to let a man think you'll always be there. That's a start of a very unhappy relationship for the first woman IMO.

If my feelings weren't dead after the engagement after the baby it would have been O-V-E-R :barf:

I'm no expert Lord knows I've had my share of men who are not worthy but what I can say is that you need to let this one go.

I know in your mind you may think he's different and maybe you can be a good step mother etc but the problem is how he treated you prior. He does not deserve you! If you go back you will be regretting your decision. I believe people can change don't get me wrong but even if they do it does not mean we can just resume our relationship like nothing happened.

Your ex made his decision and now he has to live with it. Keep yourself free for someone who deserves you and will treat you like a Queen.

He's looking for a live-in babysitter who cooks and can clean HIS house. Extra bonus for him is sex when the real women of his dreams are unavailable.

She needs to stop listening to those family members. Just because they are family does not mean they are right. People will push you into nasty things if you let them and they will seat back and let the drama unfold.

Back