Would You Ask Your Husband Or So/partner

i would have to text a picture and specify brand and type. (eg Always overnight in the pink package ), but there's no guarantee he would come home with the right one.

i dont think i've ever asked him tho...not because i think it's wrong just because i wouldn't get the right type.

On a serious note, what if you became incapacitated while still in your child bearing years? I would assume that your man would be there to take care of all your needs.
If you have daughters and you are away and they are home with Daddy, what happens if their cycle starts at 10 or 11? Daddy will need to step up.
I think once you have crossed that line of intimacy, at some point your man will have to do women's stuff and you may need to go to the men's aisle a time or two.
Just take a pic of your brand on his phone so that he has it handy should he need to hit up the store for you.
If your man can buy toilet paper in the store, he can buy depends, pads, diapers and tampons. They are all used in the same area of the body.

No, I wouldn't ask him to do it and to this day I don't understand why that chick sent Method Man traipsing through NY on a pad run with Mary J Blige singing hooks in the background.

I don't understand the concept of letting your pad/tampon supply run so low that you gotta get somebody else to do an emergency replenish. When my OB carton gets to 50% I'm checking tampon prices errtime I hit the sto. It's not like my period is ever like "I think I'll take next month off, no need for cotton based protection".

I don't get it unless there's just something about making dude do it for you.

No, I wouldn't ask him to do it and to this day I don't understand why that chick sent Method Man traipsing through NY on a pad run with Mary J Blige singing hooks in the background.

I don't understand the concept of letting your pad/tampon supply run so low that you gotta get somebody else to do an emergency replenish. When my OB carton gets to 50% I'm checking tampon prices errtime I hit the sto. It's not like my period is ever like "I think I'll take next month off, no need for cotton based protection".

I don't get it unless there's just something about making dude do it for you.

When you have a daughter and a daughter in law who are always using up your stock.

I don't think I've ever asked my husband to buy them, but I would if I needed to. I just know I'd have to be specific because he'll get the wrong ones. I told this dude to buy sparkling cider (told him the brand and everything) for our son's birthday party and he came back with regular old apple cider. Fool lol.

Absolutely!! My husband does most of the shopping since he thinks I over spend on groceries!! He's also a coupon shopper so there was a point in time where he was buying them 2 and 3 boxes at a time, back to back!! . I finally asked him why he was buying so many, his answer was " well they don't go bad and I keep getting all of these coupons and you still need them, right??" ☺️☺️ Man I cracked up! I told him that some clerk is probably thinking I have a real problem!! Lol.

My ex husband bought them if he was doing the shopping and they were on the list. It never occurred to me that it was a big deal....which I guess is weird because I'm one of those women that would never ever acknowledge the fact that I go to the bathroom for any reason other than to pee in front of a SO. My ex had a running joke that he would catch me in the act or prove somehow that I did in fact poop like the rest of the family but he never did in 15 years :lol:

I guess I don't look at periods as being inherently gross, more just a natural womanly thing...

On a serious note, what if you became incapacitated while still in your child bearing years? I would assume that your man would be there to take care of all your needs.
If you have daughters and you are away and they are home with Daddy, what happens if their cycle starts at 10 or 11? Daddy will need to step up.
I think once you have crossed that line of intimacy, at some point your man will have to do women's stuff and you may need to go to the men's aisle a time or two.
Just take a pic of your brand on his phone so that he has it handy should he need to hit up the store for you.
If your man can buy toilet paper in the store, he can buy depends, pads, diapers and tampons. They are all used in the same area of the body.
Well these are extreme instances. If he becomes incapacitated I'll have to wipe his arse. I wouldn't do it normally tho :/

the other day at WF some man had obviously been sent to the grocery store by his wife, who texted him a grocery list. he asked for my help, showed me the text, and mispronounced "fage," asking where it was in the store.

me: with the yogurt

him: where is the yogurt

me: with the yogurt

like have you never been to a grocery store in your life :lol:

SO even keeps tabs on when i'm due for my periods and reminds me...

Once i weighed myself 3 days before i was due (unbeknowns to me) and had suddenly gained 6 pounds, when i was close to dramatic tears he said : "but u can't weigh yourself 3 days before your periods u retaining water and will be heavier!)...o_O:lachen: havn't sent him to buy pads yet but it would never be akward at all.

I never did until I had a child. After I got out of the hospital I could barely walk and couldn't drive. Like seriously it took that to make me get over asking him. And I'm not sure I ever would again. I currently maintain a four box stash now. It's not that he's incapable but more that I feel a man doesn't have to know every single thing about me.

This is sooooo true! I have a jamaican bestie. When was in my late teens i went to spend a few weeks with her and her then boyfriend and her two brothers. They were all roomies.

I had my period and wrapped my pad in tissue and put in the bin in the bathroom.

She cussed me out! For hours! I packed my stuff and left. All the guys told her to calm down. She was maaaad! I learned my lesson that day.

When i started my period my dad told me i had to shower 4 times per day and use a different soap from him and my brothers.

I was so salty that i told my brothers that they needed to wear the pads too because blood would come out of their penis soon. Dad was away for business and i made them wear it for a day. They were 8 and 6. They thought it was fun.

Is your SO's mom Jamaican? The Jamaicans I know have really strong negative reactions to periods.

I generally do this myself. I don't trust many men to shop for anything by themselves in general. But if he would call saying he was at the drug store asked me if I needed anything, I did nee tampons, the I'll definitely ask him to pick them up.

This is sooooo true! I have a jamaican bestie. When was in my late teens i went to spend a few weeks with her and her then boyfriend and her two brothers. They were all roomies.

I had my period and wrapped my pad in tissue and put in the bin in the bathroom.

She cussed me out! For hours! I packed my stuff and left. All the guys told her to calm down. She was maaaad! I learned my lesson that day.

When i started my period my dad told me i had to shower 4 times per day and use a different soap from him and my brothers.

I was so salty that i told my brothers that they needed to wear the pads too because blood would come out of their penis soon. Dad was away for business and i made them wear it for a day. They were 8 and 6. They thought it was fun.

Geez, really?

Back