Worlds Longest Married-Living Couple: married over 85 years!!!!

Shoediva

World's Longest-Married Couple to Tweet Advice on V-Day

By Darragh Worland | Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:43 PM ET

World's longest-married couple set to tweet advice to the lovelorn on Valentine's Day.

Who better to ask for relationship advice than a couple who have been together more than 85 years?

On Valentine's Day, the world's longest-married living couple, Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher, 104 and 102 years old, respectively, will be tweeting advice to the lovelorn from their home in North Carolina, reports Mashable.com.

To participate, all you have to do is tweet your question on their Twitter page longestmarried from today (Tuesday) through Feb. 12. The lovebirds will select 14 questions to answer, then tweet the advice on their page on Feb. 14. So far, the couple has 514 followers.

The couple also have a Facebook fan page, where they are referred to as "America's Tweethearts." Facebook users who haven't migrated to Twitter yet can post their questions on their wall.

According to their Facebook page, the Fishers, who will celebrate 86 years of marriage in May, are just one year away from having the longest-marriage in recorded history. The record is currently held by the late Philipose and Sosamma Thomas of India, who were married 86 years and 128 days.

The Twitter project is the brainchild of blinkbox, an on-demand movie and TV website in the UK, with the assistance of the Fishers' grand-daughter, Iris Godette, who, in 2008 had their unique achievement authenticated by Guinness World Records.

Mashable reports that the couple enjoy hanging on their front porch, watching trains pass by, counting cars and talking to their neighbors. Oh, and they each have their own bedroom — so Herbert can stay up late watching baseball.

thumb.php

So. CUTE!!! :infatuated: Look at them! My, my, I would love to sit down and talk to them for a while. :yep: Such a wonderful testament to the longevity of black marriage. :yep:

Wow!!! They're doubly blessed: long marriage AND long life. :yep: I'm also interested to know what advice they will share.

And it's from their anniversary in the 1960's!!! :D WOW

I'll be back tomorrow for their hints and tips.

Back