WOOHOO! It has been 1 year since I got my last relaxer!!!!

myxdchiick

I am sooooo happy!!! But also disappointed because I have about 3 inches of new growth... I feel as though my hair is not growing!!! If you have seen a previous post on my NG you'll know why there is frustration...I am debating whether I should post pics or not......

(screams) TRANSITIONING IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!

i'm confused as to why you even relaxed in the first place. I saw your fotki, you have beautiful hair but I'm just confused...

maybe the relaxer is contributing to the retention issues, idk.

ooh one year feels so good dont it? congrats! transitioning IS hard, i feel like my natural hair is never going to look long and has basically stopped growing but you know what, it is growing, even if it's really slowing it's getting there and one day you'll be there and know it was all worth it :):)

1 year! Well done!!!! Your hair is growing :-)

I try not to compare my growth to the 1/2 inch per month "average", my hair doesn't grow at that rate, it's less! The moment I accepted that, everything was easier :-)

KUTGW with your transition :-)

How long do you plan to transition for?

Last edited:
1 year! Well done!!!! Your hair is growing :-)

I try not to compare my growth to the 1/2 inch per month "average", my hair doesn't grow at that rate, it's less! The moment I accepted that, everything was easier :-)

KUTGW with your transition :-)

How long do you plan to transition for?
umm 18 months but if I am not satisfied with the length by then, probably longer or I might even BC after high school....just like a friend of mine ROBOTxcore...

Back