(!!!) It's been HALF A YEAR since my LAST RELAXER (!!!)

Divastate said:
Poohbear: congrats to you! The mental part of the transition really is the biggest hurdle to overcome- with LHCF tips and advice the rest is definitely a breeze.

chocoate01: you have some beautiful thick healthy hair can't wait to see your all natural hair in a few more months!

Thanks for the compliment Diva!

Peachtree said:
Copy_of_firework12.gif

Congrats Poohbear!!!

cheergraphic.gif

Enjoy the journey!!

I felt soooo incredibly good about my hair when I was transitioning. I N-E-V-E-R imagined myself with natural hair... it just never crossed my mind as an option... Relaxed hair was all I knew (& all I was comfortable with) UNTIL I DISCOVERED LHCF :grin: Now, I can't imagine myself without natural hair! Goodness, how much I've changed! :grin:

Yes I agree... it's DEFINITELY a MIND TRANSFORMATION... & a BEAUTIFUL ONE at that ;)

Thanks Peachtree! :kiss:

Btw, your hair looks great in your signature... just gives me more and more encouragement to keep on truckin'! :woot:

ChosenbyGod said:
Congrats Poohbear!! This is really an accomplishment. You are stronger than me :lol: One day though, one day I'll be saying "It's been HALF A YEAR since mylast relaxer!" Lord willing. Congrats again and keep up the good work! :up:
Thanks CbG! :grin: R U transitioning to natural too or plan on doing it in the future??? :p

egan26 said:
Good job, Poohbear. I remember being happy at the 2 month mark. It takes a heck of a lot of patience to transition. And believe me, 6 months is a milestone (hopefully one of many for you).

Before I knew it, I had transitioned for 19 months. And this July will be my 2nd year completely natural. Time really does fly by- just don't worry yourself ragged over how much it's growing every month. Keep it healthy and it will grow like a weed.

By the way- I'm in Lexington. So, we gonna rep for the central Kentucky nappies together one day, ok?
Thanks for your comment, e! Time sure does fly by! :)

So you live in Lex-town!?!? My sister goes to UK down there! :yep:

Shalilac said:
Poohbear, you are such an inspiration for me. I've never transitioned b4. I always BC'd. This is no joke for real. But seeing someone else make it (even 6 mths) makes me feel better. Congrats and see you in Apr 06! ;)
Awe! :blush: I'm glad I could B an inspiration 2 U! Best wishes 2 U while U transition 2 natural again!!! :yay:

Congrats to you. I know 6 months is a milestone, I can't wait to get there myself. I'm also a transitioner (4 months and going strong). I'm enjoying my journey. I just learned last night that I can use the steam from the shower to help set my bantu knots. I could never do that with relaxed hair.

This is what I did:

I use CD Mariguette's (sp?) magic from scalp to ends on my hair. I created six bantu knots, three on each side. I took my shower without a shower cap, I allowed the steam and bits of water to moisturize my hair. I covered my hair with a satin scraf and went to sleep.

In the morning, oh man, the ringlets that consumed my head. Sorry no pics, however, my hair looks great and very moisturized.

Keep up the good work Pooh.

Lee said:
This is what I did:

I use CD Mariguette's (sp?) magic from scalp to ends on my hair. I created six bantu knots, three on each side. I took my shower without a shower cap, I allowed the steam and bits of water to moisturize my hair. I covered my hair with a satin scraf and went to sleep.

In the morning, oh man, the ringlets that consumed my head. Sorry no pics, however, my hair looks great and very moisturized.

Keep up the good work Pooh.
SOUNDS GOOD! How long is your hair and is your hair an even length all the way around? I know if I try 3 bantu knots on each side of my head, my hair would look funny after taking it down (I have bangs and short layers in the front, longer in the back!):lol:

Congrats! Poohbear you can do it.

In 2003 I bgan my transition and set a goal of 1 year, I made it and I have not turned back since. If ths is really what you want go ahead fuul force with it, you will see how your hair grows like wildfire without a relaxer. Not sayin that those with relaxers don't have lots of growth, but you will see the difference in the time frame of growth. :)

Congratulations Poohbear, from your pictures, your hair is definitely growing very fast and is very thick, keep up the good work!

Back