I'm heated! no progress a year later

you ladies are right....i just noticed the v-shape so the sides have grown :grin: i am starting to see progress....

my spirits are lifted but me and scissors are still not friends. :spinning:

you are right. being on here one can develop hair anorexia as i see so many MBL/BSL ladies that my mind is spinning. i want to get to where they are but maybe it will never be enough.

i'll be ok with that though... i can't wait to have that problem at waistlength :grin:

I also thought I'd come back to say...**steps onto soap box**:

In the beginning...when I first came here I remember seeing ladies who had healthy shoulder to armpit length hair and thinking :rolleyes: "man her hair is pretty, I would looove for my hair to look like that one day."

Fast forward and my hair does look like that and then some. But Oooh No, staring at positively ridiculous, gorgeous, thick, shiny, waist length hair every day has made me a full blown hair anorexic. It's never enough, and probably won't be until I'm sitting on it. :wallbash:

I just had to take a step back from the computer and realize that I have made tremendous progress, and my hair is the healthiest it's ever been and for that I am thankful. And also I cannot track my progress based on someone elses. It's gonna grow at it's own nappy pace.

**Flips my "long for a black girl" hair and steps off box***

Ur hair is fab. It looks quite a bit better in the second pic than the first. hey sumtimes my hair slows down growing and gets thicker. It all evens out to long pretty hair..... like urs.:drunk:

So... what you think you doing wrong?
too much manipulation?
use chemicals?
overprocessed?
not stimulating your scalp?
not moisturizing at least once a day?
not sleeping on satin?
not keeping ends up & off clothes?
not Deep Conditioning once a week?
Using too much heat?

I love your hair, but I'll bet any money
you're doing at least one of the things
and that's why you're not retaining length.

I know your frustration because I had/have the same issues
but when I corrected the things I listed about that I was doing
wrong I began to see dramatic progress.

So... what you think you doing wrong?
too much manipulation? yup with rollersetting
use chemicals?
overprocessed?
not stimulating your scalp? hmmm..something to think about,
not moisturizing at least once a day? true.
not sleeping on satin? i try..
not keeping ends up & off clothes? true. love wearing my hair out.
not Deep Conditioning once a week? i have slacked in not doing my dc for longer even though i use dc but just rub in and rinse.

Using too much heat?

I love your hair, but I'll bet any money
you're doing at least one of the things
and that's why you're not retaining length.

I know your frustration because I had/have the same issues
but when I corrected the things I listed about that I was doing
wrong I began to see dramatic progress.

guilty as charged. i need to step it up starting with not rollersetting as often and protective styling it.

Back