Women Are SO Trifling!

gabulldawg

So me and my SO were eating breakfast after church on this past Sunday at the Beautiful on Cascade (in Atlanta), and this girl walks up to the table to say hello to my SO. She walked up to the table saying his name all loud and expecting to get a hug, and my SO extends his hand to shake her hand and say hello. She makes a face and says, "A handshake? That's all I get? What's up with that?" He kinda ignored her question and went on to introduce her to me (cuz he knows how it is). Then she tried to get a little attitude and said, "I don't really care if that's your girlfriend. I mean, we went to school together and all I get is a handshake? But whatever." And walks off. She didn't even say hi to me. I was like :blush:. I didn't even say anything. She mad herself look dumb. I really didn't think it was that serious. I ain't jealous like that. She totally had a meltdown because my man didn't hug her! So I asked my SO if he even knew her like that when they were in school, and he was like, "NO!" He had to go ahead and admit that women can be real catty and that she only did that to start drama. Is male attention THAT important to some women? :ohwell: Does anyone else have any similar stories with other females and your SO?

Wow... why doesn't this surprise me though. I'm glad you handled yourself.

Sidenote: The Beautiful has good food although I've never been there for breakfast before.

Thats really disgusting of her and how desperate does she look "I want a hug"...I mean really. Its not like he dated her or was her best friend. Not everyone is into hugging and all of that.

I have had women look thru me like I was clear glass :laugh: It used to bother me when we were younger, now not so much unless they are really extra wit it. Usually I will laugh right in their face when hubby says, "This is my wife" and they look stank or roll their eyes. My Hubby thinks I am crazy :laugh:

Wow... why doesn't this surprise me though. I'm glad you handled yourself.

Sidenote: The Beautiful has good food although I've never been there for breakfast before.

That was my first time ever going (fairly new Atlien) and the breakfast was OFF THE CHAIN! Me and my SO want to go back to try dinner now. I'm still :lick: over breakfast. That's my favorite meal of the day!

Thats really disgusting of her and how desperate does she look "I want a hug"...I mean really. Its not like he dated her or was her best friend. Not everyone is into hugging and all of that.

Yea that's what I said. I went off on a rant when she left. We were eating with a girlfriend of mine who's single and she was even like, WOW.

Ha! Thats terrible thats what her @ss gets...She should have given you a little common courtesy. You are better then me because my little behind cannot hold my tongue very well and would've addressed the situation myself...oh what drama that would've been!! However, considering where you were it was handled perfectly. Lord knows I would've "dumbed out"...as my SO likes to call it!!

So me and my SO were eating breakfast after church on this past Sunday at the Beautiful on Cascade (in Atlanta), and this girl walks up to the table to say hello to my SO. She walked up to the table saying his name all loud and expecting to get a hug, and my SO extends his hand to shake her hand and say hello. She makes a face and says, "A handshake? That's all I get? What's up with that?" He kinda ignored her question and went on to introduce her to me (cuz he knows how it is). Then she tried to get a little attitude and said, "I don't really care if that's your girlfriend. I mean, we went to school together and all I get is a handshake? But whatever." And walks off. She didn't even say hi to me. I was like :blush:. I didn't even say anything. She mad herself look dumb. I really didn't think it was that serious. I ain't jealous like that. She totally had a meltdown because my man didn't hug her! So I asked my SO if he even knew her like that when they were in school, and he was like, "NO!" He had to go ahead and admit that women can be real catty and that she only did that to start drama. Is male attention THAT important to some women? :ohwell: Does anyone else have any similar stories with other females and your SO?

....kudos to your man for handling his business appropriately. Regardless of whatever relationship they had back in school - if he doesn't feel comfortable hugging her, then thats the way it is.

Women are "trifling" (does anyone REALLY know what that means). But sometimes men do dumb **** to encourage the bad behavior...

I can understand how she feels--being his friend from school and getting an impersonal handshake could have hurt her feelings. Doesn't make her trifling to me. Her reaction is disproportionate and melodramatic though. Question for you: Can your SO not give a woman a hug in your presence without you feeling slighted, or why did he not greet his school friend with more warmth?

....kudos to your man for handling his business appropriately. Regardless of whatever relationship they had back in school - if he doesn't feel comfortable hugging her, then thats the way it is.

Women are "trifling" (does anyone REALLY know what that means). But sometimes men do dumb **** to encourage the bad behavior...

Trifling means to be trivial...lack seriousness and or importance...

When I use the word trifling I use it to mean trivial or foolish, and that's just how she was acting. I wish you guys could have seen her. :nono:

I can understand how she feels. Her reaction is disproportionate and melodramatic though. Question for you: Can your SO not give a woman a hug without you feeling slighted, or why did he not greet his high school friend with more warmth?

I don't control my man. He chose to greet her the way HE felt that she deserved. He has hugged other women before in greeting and I have hugged other men. That's not the issue. The issue was we ALL went to COLLEGE together (not high school). They weren't even friends! She dated one of his roommates, so she was around the house a lot. He described her as being very clingy and he said they weren't even cool like that and she didn't deserve a hug. He knew she was doing it to be catty because I guess she's done it before. Like I said before, she obviously needs men to validate herself in life. VERY sad.

I don't control my man. He chose to greet her the way HE felt that she deserved. He has hugged other women before in greeting and I have hugged other men. That's not the issue. The issue was we ALL went to COLLEGE together (not high school). They weren't even friends! She dated one of his roommates, so she was around the house a lot. He described her as being very clingy and he said they weren't even cool like that and she didn't deserve a hug. He knew she was doing it to be catty because I guess she's done it before. Like I said before, she obviously needs men to validate herself in life. VERY sad.

I know a few women like this and it is soo annoying. Glad to see you held your ground and stayed classy.

The issue was we ALL went to COLLEGE together (not high school). They weren't even friends! She dated one of his roommates, so she was around the house a lot. He described her as being very clingy and he said they weren't even cool like that and she didn't deserve a hug. He knew she was doing it to be catty because I guess she's done it before.
Ohhhh so there's more to the story than just hug/no hug. Hmm. Yea, she is trifling.

I got one that's even worse. I was at a club with this guy I was dating, we were having a good time, drinking and dancing. Ok I think I should say that he was a reformed h** Well we get tired and we go stand at the bar. He's standing with his back on the bar and I am in front of him. It was pretty obvious we were together because we were all over each. He tells me he's sees a chick he knew and I was like ok. I'm whispering sweet nothings in his ear and this chick comes up and says hi, he goes to give her a handshake and she take both his arms which were around me at the time and puts them around her so he can give her a hug. It happened so fast I didn't notice right at the time, but I immediately gave her a look of death and had he been my man I would have snatched her I'm not going to lie.

Story number 2: I'm at a different club with the same guy. We are fussing, which I shouldn't have done in public. But I was visibly upset, getting loud while he was looking chill telling me all kinds of crazy stuff in my ear. So it looks like there is this crazed woman yelling at this man for no reason. Anyway some chick comes up to him and says if you were with me I wouldn't fuss with you like that. He turns and tells her, if I was telling you the stuff I'm telling her, you would. Needless to say I cussed her out because I was already mad.

I had to leave ol' boy alone because I would have caught a case messing with him.

You handled it well. I should have taken notes from you. :lachen:

I have had an old male "acquaintance" do this exact same thing to me while I was out with my DF...:nono:....being ignorant knows no gender none what so ever :lachen:

Last edited:
i don't have a similar experience with my man but with a girl from high school. i was at the post office and just missed the cutoff time. i had 3 days to get a letter to a university so i needed to make that pickup or drive 30 minutes downtown to the main postoffice. anyways, the girl from high school was talking to the manager through the drop off door and i said "excuse me, can i give this to you for the drop off" and she turned around and opened up a can of whoop *** on me for not speaking to her first :look:.............. and i'm thinking to myself, i said excuse me but that wasn't good enough. :spinning:

maybe your so's friend just wanted to feel wanted, important and/or missed. i mean i couldn't even remember this girls name and she jumped all down my throat for trying to take care of "my" business :lachen::drunk:......................:spinning:

i don't have a similar experience with my man but with a girl from high school. i was at the post office and just missed the cutoff time. i had 3 days to get a letter to a university so i needed to make that pickup or drive 30 minutes downtown to the main postoffice. anyways, the girl from high school was talking to the manager through the drop off door and i said "excuse me, can i give this to you for the drop off" and she turned around and opened up a can of whoop *** on me for not speaking to her first :look:.............. and i'm thinking to myself, i said excuse me but that wasn't good enough. :spinning:

maybe your so's friend just wanted to feel wanted, important and/or missed. i mean i couldn't even remember this girls name and she jumped all down my throat for trying to take care of "my" business :lachen::drunk:......................:spinning:

:lachen: Good story!

I can understand how she feels--being his friend from school and getting an impersonal handshake could have hurt her feelings. Doesn't make her trifling to me. Her reaction is disproportionate and melodramatic though. Question for you: Can your SO not give a woman a hug in your presence without you feeling slighted, or why did he not greet his school friend with more warmth?

that's what I'm thinking, because you stated because he knows the deal, anyway, men are such liars, he probably told YOU what he wanted you to know so that it wouldn't cause any insecurities. Now granted when I'm out with my SO, I get stares and women started singing songs as such, I laugh it off because 1, it amuses me that YOU are attracted to my man & confirms that I made a good choice, & 2, it shows him that I'm unfazed which makes you more attractive, so you did handle it well. I'm not offended by my SO hugging someone that they haven't seen, now once I'm married then NO other woman should be being embraced. It really all goes back to what works for YOU. Yes women are trifling too!

Wow hadn't read that until after I posted. Well, damn she was TRIFLING! That's why I ended with saying that it depends on your relationship!

that's what I'm thinking, because you stated because he knows the deal, anyway, men are such liars, he probably told YOU what he wanted you to know so that it wouldn't cause any insecurities. Now granted when I'm out with my SO, I get stares and women started singing songs as such, I laugh it off because 1, it amuses me that YOU are attracted to my man & confirms that I made a good choice, & 2, it shows him that I'm unfazed which makes you more attractive, so you did handle it well. I'm not offended by my SO hugging someone that they haven't seen, now once I'm married then NO other woman should be being embraced. It really all goes back to what works for YOU. Yes women are trifling too!

LOL, okay I saw your other post. Cuz I was like, :rolleyes:. :lachen: Anyway, what I meant by "he knows the deal" is that we both have an obligation to introduce people (especially of the opposite sex) that the other doesn't know. If some man was coming up to me and hugging me and stuff it would be wrong for me to not say anything, ESPECIALLY something as important as the fact that I now have a man (and introduce him), and vice versa.

I also never thought about the whole hugging after marriage thing... Interesting.

i would have thrown a piece a bread at her head and maybe that would have knocked some ****** class or manners into her lame ***..( oxymoron but i still woulda done it)--lmaoo

i would have thrown a piece a bread at her head and maybe that would have knocked some ****** class or manners into her lame ***..( oxymoron but i still woulda done it)--lmaoo

I'm sorry but this was soo funny. I just imagined it in my head, a random piece of bread flying at her head :duck:

:lachen:

To the poster - I wish that situation hadn't happened. But I think your SO really handled himself well. :yep:

I think not allowing your spouse to hug someone of the opposite sx after marriage is just wayyyy tooo controlling.

Back