Women are my weakness and I struggle with lust

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there... having sex with a man with a weakness for women means exposing yourself to all manner of sexual diseases... Dude could even be banging nasty broads like strippers/hookers. :barf: :barf: :barf: And many STDs/STIs can still be transmitted even when you use a condom! Examples include: warts, syphilis and herpes. :sad: Save your lovin' for someone who at least has a chance of not being a scumbag.

I've always been paranoid about STD's thats why I could never do the casual sex thing.

Can ya'll believe my mom is still telling me to give him a chance:wallbash:

He's telling your straight-up that he's a serial cheater :ohwell:
And sometimes that all-up-in-the-church guy is using it as a manipulation tool.

I agree with all the posts telling you to run. He did you a favor and is telling the truth about himself straight up.

I'll be friends with him but like I said thats all it ever was. he never flirted with me or anything. it was mom amping everything up.

I'll hang out with him and it will be strictly platonic.

I learned two lessons though:

1. Dont expect a man to be perfect just because he goes to church.

2. And take your time getting to know someone even if they are just a friend.

RUN, NO FRIEND, GIVE HIM THE DOOR:cowgirl::cowgirl::cowgirl:

I agree with all the posts telling you to run. He did you a favor and is telling the truth about himself straight up.

Yall, on a side note, I just noticed a pic of Lauren Hill in someone's siggy, what's up with your girl Lauren? Things (her look) have been looking real strange lately:nuts: What's up with that? :nono: I loved her. Sorry for straying off topic...

Last edited:
he means what he says take it as that. your mother wants you to be happy but shes on the outside looking in. she sees a churhgoing guy and the parent friendly version of himself. she wont be the one dealing with him but you will. its better to be on your own that dealing with a guy who openly admits he has commitment issues. its not your job to try and tame him. you have had early warning, use it!!! as the other ladies have said, RUN

I've always been paranoid about STD's thats why I could never do the casual sex thing.

Can ya'll believe my mom is still telling me to give him a chance:wallbash:

Sometimes even our mother's can send us in the wrong direction. I'm sure she means well. My mother always pushes me to date men who are financally stable and eager to get married without researching his background.

Hecky naw, girl. You betta follow your first mind and git ta steppin' [emotionally, not saying you can't be cool with him] as Martin would say!!! :yep:

maybe your mother is of the mindset that all/most men are not faithful and that's why she's able to overlook this.

personally, i would do like you and not give this guy a chance. he's told you who he is in plain english and it would be wise to believe him. his statement says to me that he's either not ready or willing to commit to a monogamous relationship. him being deeply involved in the church whilst having this "problem" is an extra unpleasant twist on the situation that i'm not willing to put up with. if you (general "you") date this guy and he eventually cheats on you, then you really can't act like it's that much of a surprise. you'd be left looking like the fool in the situation.

maybe your mother is of the mindset that all/most men are not faithful and that's why she's able to overlook this.

personally, i would do like you and not give this guy a chance. he's told you who he is in plain english and it would be wise to believe him. his statement says to me that he's either not ready or willing to commit to a monogamous relationship. him being deeply involved in the church whilst having this "problem" is an extra unpleasant twist on the situation that i'm not willing to put up with. if you (general "you") date this guy and he eventually cheats on you, then you really can't act like it's that much of a surprise. you'd be left looking like the fool in the situation.

you're right. my mom does think all men cheat.

me and the guy talked about this again. so I asked him if he struggles with promisucity and he said no, im not that type of guy. whatever that means...

like I said, he started out as a friend and thats all it is. he never came on to me or anything. we've been hanging out for 8 months now. so it wont be going past friendship.

you're right. my mom does think all men cheat.

me and the guy talked about this again. so I asked him if he struggles with promisucity and he said no, im not that type of guy. whatever that means...

like I said, he started out as a friend and thats all it is. he never came on to me or anything. we've been hanging out for 8 months now. so it wont be going past friendship.

Like most everyone said.....RUN! I would not even have a friend relationship with him...not a close one anyway.

Speaking from experience :sad: You will thank yourself later.

Back