WL 2011

Wow congrats JJamiah!
Trying a new conditioner today, Hairveda Strinillah Deep Conditioner so we'll see how it works out.

Last edited:
Congrats JJamiah! Thanks for all of YOUR encouragement.
Looking forward to your update in June.

Wow congrats JJamaih!
Trying a new conditioner today, Hairveda Strinillah Deep Conditioner so we'll see how it works out.

THANKS Ladies :)

I am trying new things myself. I will be using Henna (LUSH) in March. I am also Trying Wen since I am a faithful user of Hair One :) HUH I am excited.

I am not Full WL I just am on limited challenges and wanted to maximize my challenge ability. LOL

Otherwise I have moved on to my last goal, I figure WL doesn't look Long :look: and I will gladly go on to the next length and get a nice trim at the end of the year.

Oh! I understand you are not full WL but making it 2 WL at all in a 2 month period is incredible! I only pray-and I mean PRAY I make it by March! We were in the MBL 2010 challenge together-so I remembered when you made that-then I saw your Fotki photo and thought "dang-her hair is growing FAST!! I am just trying to figure out how long it MAY take me!. I am sooo happy for you JJamiah. Come June you are going to have some seriously thick WL hair... Do you plan to blunt cut then???

Thank you PD, I'm feeling really lazy with my hair now. It's possible not making my 2010 goal is feuling these feelings.

I got some nice oils for a really good price from a co-workers mother who deals in natural foods. I got Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Rosemary oil at $5 per 4oz bottle. I've been using it in a suffer mix.

Don't feel discouraged, blessings come with patience. Just because you did not make your goal last year does not mean with dedication and consistency that you wont make it this year. :)
What was your goal?

Thats some good prices. I don't remember how much I paid for my rosemary oil, it was probably like 6.50.

The oils I bought were alvocodo oil, and moroccan aragan oil. So those are added to my olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil mix.

Hey ladies, I know I've been gone for a week, I was out of town. But I did end up bunning it for the week. I haven't oiled my scalp so it is a little ichy here and there.

Well I'll be back to my braids in a couple of days. I was loving the fact that I didnt have to wake up and comb my hair all I had to do was moisture and go :)

Oh! I understand you are not full WL but making it 2 WL at all in a 2 month period is incredible! I only pray-and I mean PRAY I make it by March! We were in the MBL 2010 challenge together-so I remembered when you made that-then I saw your Fotki photo and thought "dang-her hair is growing FAST!! I am just trying to figure out how long it MAY take me!. I am sooo happy for you JJamiah. Come June you are going to have some seriously thick WL hair... Do you plan to blunt cut then???

I haven't had a trim since last June 2010 since SHS cut a lot off I was reluctant to go back right away. I will need a trim for sure just to even me up a bit. I am not thinking I will reach HL until 2012 anywho. LOL

I am going to Henna in March So I am excited for that. Just enjoying things for now.

I go back up into my beehive braids this week until the end of the month so My regimen is very Low maintenance at the moment.

Casey we definitely can do this. I am working on full still so we are still in this all together. :)

UPDATE: My 4th month stretch comes to an end in 6 days but I'm thinking of stretching until 5 months and if I can handle that, 5.5 to 6 months. Basically I want to relax in the spring. I'm getting really anxious since waiting is making me want to be in and do crazy things to my hair but patience is key and I'll reap the rewards of healthier hair if I take care of it properly during my stretch. Main things I have to remember so far: detangle with oil on wash day, finger comb my hair as much as possible, and use moisturizing conditioners.

I'm in a ceramide challenge so starting from my next wash I'll be using ceramide rich moisturizing conditioners or adding in ceramide rich oils into my regimen. I'm happy for this because I wanted to join the ceramide bandwagon for a long time since it seems cheap enough to join, there aren't really any bad side effects, and the evidence of prolonged use is convincing enough. Hopefully I can buy my safflower or sunflower oil this weekend to be able to participate next wash.

Since I'm doing my stretch and I don't moisturize, seal, or use leave-in conditioner in my hair anymore, I'm focusing on pre-pooing my edges and nape. In my last update I stated I'd be using a molasses-oil-conditioner mixture to help nurture that area. It's only been two applications of at least 20 minutes of leaving it in my hair and my edges are more tame during my stretch. Before they were unmanageable and I would always have to take off my net scarf to brush back my edges into places when they became unruly. Now they're behaving and that's a huge improvement in my eyes. During this stretch, they've been hard to maintain and I'm happy that they're staying in place for now. The area is now a lot softer and I can't wait for an increase in benefits as I stick with this routine. As of now, I'm using Yes to Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner, Unsulfured Molasses, and EVOO. When I get my safflower or sunflower oil, I'll be using less EVOO in the mixture. I'm thinking of taking some pictures for a before and after reveal to share on LHCF to help out other people who have trouble with their edges but I'm not sure yet. We'll see. :scratchch

I don't post in here much, but check in. I just barely made the MBL at the end of last year. This year's goal is going to be full MBL and then graving waist length. Also I'm on a no heat challenge till I re do my BKT in 3 months. I hope I can keep roller setting till then.
Also will continue to no poo, DC once or twice a week, oil blend on ends daily, and doing wet sets.

Now if I can only find a way to remember to take my vitamins.

Ladies I am leaving this challenge. I made WL and I don't know if I will be going any further to HL but I guess I can think about it.

I will continue my regimen and post pics in June

Before and after trim :)

Ladies It has been a nice run. Thanks so much for all the encouragement Exubah :)

Oh my :blush:.......I am just now seeing this JJamiah (had to sort out my paypal info to renew my subscription)!!! Wow! We are surely going to miss you around these parts. I'm so proud of you and your hair achievements, my hair can't wait to grow up to be like yours :grin:

Take care and I wish you/your hair all the best!

Thanks ladies :) I am still going to be posting here :)
Thanks Exubah for having me :)

I am braided up and back under my wigs :)

Wow............this thread was ssssssssssooooooooooo far down....need to bump it up a bit :grin:

Just a little update............I'm still using my JBCO at least twice a week, bunning 90+% of the time and keeping up with my moisturizing and sealing. I better see some progress at my next relaxer in about 1.5 - 2 months!!!

Wow............this thread was ssssssssssooooooooooo far down....need to bump it up a bit :grin:

Just a little update............I'm still using my JBCO at least twice a week, bunning 90+% of the time and keeping up with my moisturizing and sealing. I better see some progress at my next relaxer in about 1.5 - 2 months!!!
Yeah-it's been slow lately... I lost a fist-full of hair during my last detangling session. Relaxer here I come!

:grin: I just joined the MBL 2011 challenge, now I'm gonna join this one too. I think I have about 5"-6" to get to WL, so I'm gonna shoot for Dec 31st for WL :yep:. Pics will be coming soon as I get a flat iron this weekend at 8 weeks post. I plan to relax every 12-13 weeks.

I'm apart of this challenge but I mostly lurk, not post. I'm 12 months post my curly perm & still probably 3 inches away from WL. I'm in braids at least until the end of the month.

JJamiah has inspired me to go at this protective styling thing one month at a time. For the month of March, I think I'm going to wear my hear in the tichel style headwraps like Jewish women. I've found some really cute ones online.

I have hair ADD & I really planned to stay braided up until the summer but I'm already ready to snatch these fuzzy things out of my hair (I wet my hair every other day, sometimes daily). So 30 days at a time is more doable for me.

JJamiah if you're reading this & any other ladies that might be able to help, I'm looking for some really cute short/chin length wigs for the summer. TIA...

Hello Ladies,

I have been bunning it up since
Janurary 21st, 2011 and I will be doing so until February 15, 2011. I was supposed to put them back in on the 2nd but I got lazy, so heck I hope a few more days wont hurt.

Ive also decided to chance my goal date. It was for
December but since I pulled a lead hair the other day and it was WL already Im going to go for June 31st Praying I make it, and braiding my way there. Im nervous only 4 months :/ :)

God willing if I put in the dedication it needs that I make it there :)

Happy Hair Growing Ladies.:spinning::clapping:

Setting mini goals OMW to WL! I'm 5 inches away! (I have a short torso)
BSL by 3/12 Relaxer (I am 0.5 inch away stretched)
MBL by 6/11 Relaxer (1 year LHCF anniversary) & (MBL is 1.5 in. away from BSL on me)
WL by 12/10 relaxer (WL is 3 inches from MBL)

I finally mastered the beach waves with two bantu knots and been doing this all week, moisturizing and sealing nightly with Scurl and coconut oil. My focus is more on RETENTION, so I henna monthly, protein/moisture balance, ph balance and baby those ends like crazy! So far so good! Thank you Jesus!

We almost have the same goal dates and goal lengths.
BSL by 3/19 Relaxer
MBL by 6/18 Relaxer
WL by 12/17 relaxer

Come on, we can do this :grin: 1" at a time.

Setting mini goals OMW to WL! I'm 5 inches away! (I have a short torso)
BSL by 3/12 Relaxer (I am 0.5 inch away stretched)
MBL by 6/11 Relaxer (1 year LHCF anniversary) & (MBL is 1.5 in. away from BSL on me)
WL by 12/10 relaxer (WL is 3 inches from MBL)

I finally mastered the beach waves with two bantu knots and been doing this all week, moisturizing and sealing nightly with Scurl and coconut oil. My focus is more on RETENTION, so I henna monthly, protein/moisture balance, ph balance and baby those ends like crazy! So far so good! Thank you Jesus!

Last edited:
Checked this morning and it seems I'm about 7" inches away from waistlength. I might go back to using the famous NJoy sulfur mix because I was getting around an inch per month...I'm getting excited! :yay:

BTW I know I'm late but CONGRATS JJamiah!!! :bouncy:
You started the year off beautifully for the challenge...true inspiration!!!

I'm apart of this challenge but I mostly lurk, not post. I'm 12 months post my curly perm & still probably 3 inches away from WL. I'm in braids at least until the end of the month.

JJamiah has inspired me to go at this protective styling thing one month at a time. For the month of March, I think I'm going to wear my hear in the tichel style headwraps like Jewish women. I've found some really cute ones online.

I have hair ADD & I really planned to stay braided up until the summer but I'm already ready to snatch these fuzzy things out of my hair (I wet my hair every other day, sometimes daily). So 30 days at a time is more doable for me.

JJamiah if you're reading this & any other ladies that might be able to help, I'm looking for some really cute short/chin length wigs for the summer. TIA...

Checked this morning and it seems I'm about 7" inches away from waistlength. I might go back to using the famous NJoy sulfur mix because I was getting around an inch per month...I'm getting excited! :yay:

BTW I know I'm late but CONGRATS JJamiah!!! :bouncy:
You started the year off beautifully for the challenge...true inspiration!!!

Thanks so Much Ladies :) :grouphug:

NLS here goes some Chin Length Pieces :)

BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | FREETRESS EQUAL SYNTHETIC LACE FRONT WIG ELISE
(the asymmetrical Bob with attitude)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | ITS A CAP WEAVE 100% REMI HUMAN HAIR WIG REMI FANTASIA (I like Fanny)

BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | ITS A CAP WEAVE 100% REMI HUMAN HAIR WIG REMI DELIA (The Baby Bob)

BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | ITS A WIG SYNTHETIC WIG CLUB GIRL FUNKY CHICK (look at her pic on the mannequin, model does her no justice to me) <<<< She is hot!

BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | JANET 100% HUMAN HAIR WIG MOMMY
(She is a cutey)

BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | EQUAL 100% HUMAN HAIR WIG KAY << Only the wisp on the side are long the back is short, check the mannequin out, I love me some Kay!

I have all of those above!

I don't have these below but they are very nice :)

Samsbeauty.com - Lace front wig, Remy Hair, Weaving, Lace Wig

Here are a few :)

Hello Ladies,

I have been bunning it up since
Janurary 21st, 2011 and I will be doing so until February 15, 2011. I was supposed to put them back in on the 2nd but I got lazy, so heck I hope a few more days wont hurt.

Ive also decided to chance my goal date. It was for
December but since I pulled a lead hair the other day and it was WL already Im going to go for June 31st Praying I make it, and braiding my way there. Im nervous only 4 months :/ :)

God willing if I put in the dedication it needs that I make it there :)

Happy Hair Growing Ladies.:spinning::clapping:
Wow-you have a lead hair at WL???!!! Whew hew!!! That means I am hopefully not too far behind you...I am praying to make it by June but it seems to good to be true! Anyway-congrats girl-you have definitely surpassed me! Well? How does it feel? Does it feel... surreal?

Wow-you have a lead hair at WL???!!! Whew hew!!! That means I am hopefully not too far behind you...I am praying to make it by June but it seems to good to be true! Anyway-congrats girl-you have definitely surpassed me! Well? How does it feel? Does it feel... surreal?

Thank you Casey

Yes, I couldn't believe it. I only pulled one since Im in the HYH Challenge and I'm trying not to measure it completely until the end of the challenge which is
June 31, 2011 . Since the lead hair was there I figure why not go for it, you should go for it with me... It may feel like its impossible but isnt that the beauty in it? Its the prayer, hope, and dedication that got us this far :). June is possible even if it doesnt seem like it. :)

It feels good, I'm happy to even have a lead hair at WL. I can't say it felt surreal but im sure it will when I pull my hair, not just a stand, and its WL I'll probably be jumping with joy :)

Last edited:
:dance7: Congratulations JJ!!!!!! Please sprinkle some growin' hair dust over this way!! :fairy:

JJamiah i don't even remember where it was, but i caught a glimpse of your hair JJ and flipped! YOU MADE IT!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS LOVEY!!!!!!
:yay::clapping::bouncegre:bighug::congrats::circle::amen:

Thank you Casey

Yes, I couldn't believe it. I only pulled one since Im in the HYH Challenge and I'm trying not to measure it completely until the end of the challenge which is June 31, 2011 . Since the lead hair was there I figure why not go for it, you should go for it with me... It may feel like its impossible but isnt that the beauty in it? Its the prayer, hope, and dedication that got us this far :). June is possible even if it doesnt seem like it. :)

It feels good, I'm happy to even have a lead hair at WL. I can't say it felt surreal but im sure it will when I pull my hair, not just a stand, and its WL I'll probably be jumping with joy :)

let's hear it for the lead hairs, PeculiarDaye!:grin:
(and to think i was just about to trim mine to even up!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you are really making progress and i think it's real smart to keep bunning/braiding so that the other hairs catch up!
plus you have such a positive attitude (which always helps) about the beauty in the hope and prayer that got us this far! kutgw!!!:yep:

i'm about 5 inches from WL, but really need to go a little past WL to get some fullness with my ends, so i gotta stay on the ball!

hhj ladies!

Ladies I am leaving this challenge. I made WL and I don't know if I will be going any further to HL but I guess I can think about it.

I will continue my regimen and post pics in June

Before and after trim :)

Ladies It has been a nice run. Thanks so much for all the encouragement Exubah :)

Keep growing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Back