With all the beautiful hair...

I inquired about Avalon, the people who make affirm. They said I would have to live near them in the Midwest to do anything. After that I did a shoot for Straight Request because my then hair stylist worked with him.
Thats all so far.

I've thought about it, but I've assumed that I'd have to let them have the "rights" to my hair and they could blow dry and curl/flat iron or cut it as they please and that just won't work for me!

I did alot of it when I was younger, which is part of the reason I wound up here trying to fix the damage done. I did stuff for shows and the mags you see in salons.

Carrie, what did they do to your hair that damaged it? How often did you model your hair? Several people, including myself, mentioned to a friend of mine that she should model her hair (she's Mexican and has long, thick and shiny hair) She hasn't pursued it, but I'm kind of glad she didn't...

The only time I did something, they used the leave in product and thats it. I guess it was because it was my stylist and not someone else.
I do agree with other people's apprehension though. I've seen some crazy stuff.

I second what Carrie said. When you do hair shows/Photo Shoots its all about how it looks and NOTHING about its health. They will blowfry and Flatiron your hair to death just for the shot. Then they will 'touch it up' again with the flatiron just to make sure.
Hairshows...you end up with crazy stuff on your head and styles you would NEVER wear in outside in public. Not to mention the glue, wires, and other contraptions a stylist might use if its a 'Creative' show.

no cuz after that contract is signed they have the right to do whatever they want to ur hair. Esp those ugly artistic asymetrical cuts.

Oh my! These responses are frightening! :perplexed *makes mental note to self never to accept offers to hair model*

I guess we all have to wait for Sistaslicks book and Macherieamours hairline to come out to be hired as hairmodel without the fear of ending up bold.because I know they WILL make sure that the models for their products have real hair that`s healthy looking.UHHHHHHH... of course I would be more then willing to help a sista out if she would need someone as hairmodel*CHEESE*(off to grow long hair I go).

Back