Wish List, Not-just-yet Purchases: Hair Edition

Right now, my wish list is just Siamese Twist. I really have to look and pick through her products, but I have some stuff in my cart. I will wait for a sale, as I have more than enough.

@AgeinATL i won't be using my Jakeala hair stuff for a while, but the reason I jumped was because she had good shipping. Most of the time, I have no problem paying full price, I just have a problem with the shipping price.

Right now, my wish list is just Siamese Twist. I really have to look and pick through her products, but I have some stuff in my cart. I will wait for a sale, as I have more than enough.

@AgeinATL i won't be using my Jakeala hair stuff for a while, but the reason I jumped was because she had good shipping. Most of the time, I have no problem paying full price, I just have a problem with the shipping price.

What you getting from ST?

Jakeala is fairly priced so I may go ahead and pull the trigger. What did you get from her?

What you getting from ST?

Jakeala is fairly priced so I may go ahead and pull the trigger. What did you get from her?

Jakeala I got the down there soap, flaxmallow conditioner, ginger dope conditioner and beau vert conditioner.

For ST it the Ayurvedic hair cream, pumpkin coconut Hairdress, maracuja honey and ultimate buttercream. This stuff is just in my cart

Not just yet:
Curly Nikki pretty much raves about this, and I'm curious, but I don't think it's at any stores around me. I also would need to research the ingredients. It seems you still need a gel or creme over it?

It may help with this "awkward length" stage of my hair, but I don't know.

https://www.amazon.com/Marc-Anthony...70568930&sr=8-1&keywords=marc+anthony+stretch

shopping

Last edited:
Im sure you and I can figure something else because thats just straight blasphemous. You need to try.

A long time ago, I messaged her on Facebook and she said she wasn't shipping but I'm not adverse to trying again. My hair wants a taste.

This is a Not-Just-Yet item for me.
Clay washing instead of stripping my hair with poo has changed my hair life. So I find this product very interesting.

Hmm. This would be SOOOOO much more economical and SOOOOOO less messy than my current clay products/strategies. HOWEVER, the clay is so low down the ingredient list. I wonder if that matters -- if this bar's proportion of clay still is able to purify the hair. If I try it, I'll cut it into tiny bars so that it lasts much, much longer.

View attachment 369357
This is really a shampoo bar with clay added, not a clay wash. I've used it and like it, but it it inconsistently available on the website. She has two shampoo bars but they are not always listed on the site, sometimes months will go by and they are not there...

This is really a shampoo bar with clay added, not a clay wash. I've used it and like it, but it it inconsistently available on the website. She has two shampoo bars but they are not always listed on the site, sometimes months will go by and they are not there...

Thank you. That is SO helpful.

I have a pinterest board for this, lol. Im waiting till I get my stash down to purchase Paul Mitchell's Lavender Mint Conditioner and Shampoo, Redken's Anti-Snap and Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner. Will possibly order more manteabolism on BF.

I have a pinterest board for this, lol. Im waiting till I get my stash down to purchase Paul Mitchell's Lavender Mint Conditioner and Shampoo, Redken's Anti-Snap and Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner. Will possibly order more manteabolism on BF.

:smile: Smart idea!

I keep hearing so much about that Darcy's Botanical Pumpkin Seed Conditioner! I can't try it until January, though. Gives me something to look forward to! ;)

Someone said there's another Shea Moisture masque that is on par with my holy grail Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque.

My hair consultant advises regular hair steaming.

There are rave reviews at various sites about Shea Moisture's rose oil line's gel.

All that to say . . . I'm adding these to the list:
  • Shea Moisture's Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Masque
  • the Keller standing steamer I found on discount that does not break down after a few months, spew hot water, etc., and that covers the entire head
  • Shea Moisture's Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish and Silken Styling Gel-cream
ETA: A shower mirror.

Last edited:
On the hold list at Etsy:
KurlyGurlzNatural Marshmallow Crème Leave In Hair Conditioner & Detangler

Ingredients: distilled water, marshmallow root, slippery elm, avocado oil, horsetail shavegrass, rosemary oil, organic aloe vera, organic castor oil, panthenol provitamin b5, conditioning emulsifier, Optiphen preservative, herbal infused oils and extracts, flaxseed

The bolded is the only part that concerns me; fatty alcohols give me flakes. That and the shipping...

Ingredients: distilled water, marshmallow root, slippery elm, avocado oil, horsetail shavegrass, rosemary oil, organic aloe vera, organic castor oil, panthenol provitamin b5, conditioning emulsifier, Optiphen preservative, herbal infused oils and extracts, flaxseed

The bolded is the only part that concerns me; fatty alcohols give me flakes. That and the shipping...

Otherwise, the ingredients look good! If you get this, I hope you review it in the Hits and Misses thread. :smile:

You want the bottle if I don't like it?

Ohhh, how kind! Wow, thanks!

I will let you be a blessing to someone else:
I recently reached a turning point where I decided that if my situation with my natural hair doesn't improve, I'm going to texlax or relax. That's 3 years down the drain (of transitioning and being natural).

I promised myself that before I do that, I'm going to give EVERY effort I can so that I have ZERO regrets if I end up relaxing or texlaxing.

I have a list that I'm running through. All that to say, I have a strategic list of quite a few products, and they are plenty for me to grapple with. I know that someone else would benefit more from having an additional product. My NaturelleGrow (at Etsy) haul just came in, so I've got The Original Moxie samples, NaturelleGrow products, new-to-me Shea Moisture stuff, Anabelle's Perfect Blends refresher spray, and a few other random things that I tried to research carefully. I need to now just have fun working with what I've got and documenting what works and doesn't work, paying attention to whether my technique is off or not.

But I'm so touched at your generosity! Many thanks! :kiss:

The bolded is the only part that concerns me; fatty alcohols give me flakes. That and the
shipping...

That shipping is out of control. $12.40 for two items??? Nah son :rolleyes:

Morrocan Oil line's mousse. Website says it's especially formulated for tight curls, and for sytling I've been experimenting lately with foams and mousses instead of gels. Ironic thing is that I have some leftover from my days with relaxed hair. Expiration date is in the year 2013, though! :laugh: I have LEARNED MY LESSON THE HARD WAY about putting expired hair products in my hair.

http://www.moroccanoil.com/us_en/hair-care-curl-control-mousse-us

http://www.moroccanoil.com/media/ca...e5fb8d27136e95/h/a/hair_curlcontrolmousse.jpg

Sample kit available from Target. For after the no-buy. This product is getting good reviews at the wash and go thread I frequent. Good deal! Something to look forward to after the no-buy ends. :smile:

On hold: This vendor has had personal tragedy that makes getting product out very difficult right now. Folks are praying for her as she perseveres. Also, I'm on a no-buy. So it actually all works out well. I can check to see in three months if this vendor is up and running smoothly again. :smile:

HYDRO QUENCH SYSTEMS guest mock cart that will disappear into the ether for now.

upload_2016-8-21_23-59-5.png

I really want to try out Camille Rose almond jai twisting butter for my braidouts instead of gel. I saw a couple of people use it to do their braidouts on youtube and it seems great. Has anyone ever used this product as a styler for their out styles? If so did you like it? Did it hold the style well? Did the style last? If so how long?

I'm hoping to get it at the end of the month so for now it's on hold in my cart.

Back