Wish List, Not-just-yet Purchases: Hair Edition

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, ladies.

Currently on a no-buy? Waiting for word of a sale on a particular brand/line/item? Waiting for something to be restocked? Or . . . collecting and researching items (that folks keep recommending and that sound so good)?

What's in your cart (figurative or online) that is on hold, a wish list item, not yet available, or that you're simply not ready to purchase just yet but likely will?

I just joined Etsy (on yesterday, I believe it was). Oh, boy. :thud:I now have 3 carts, each for a different vendor. :abducted::smile:

To fend off PJ-ism, for all cart contents I'm asking myself this question: "Is this item for a specific, important need that an already-owned product is not fulfilling?" The last two items in the FIRST cart don't pass the test. My other two carts' items do. But hmph! How LOVELY I bet that sweet potatoe hair creme smells (and feels)! :yep:

I'm STRONGLY considering trialing the Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Cream by from Siamese Twists. But . . . I really need to wait a few months at LEAST (already have enough products at home or en route that need trialing). (Might it be comparable to my HG discontinued Yes To Carrots original formula hair mask? That'd be WONDERFUL!)

(Clicking will enlarge the carts)

upload_2016-8-1_23-35-58.png upload_2016-8-2_0-3-21.png upload_2016-8-2_0-4-37.png

My hypothetical cart contains that NG Marshmallow root DC you've got your eye on. I've been eyeing it for a while too, with little to no chance of picking it up anytime soon because she doesn't ship to the UK:cry3:lol.

I've got my eye on APBs Moisture DC, and now that ST Sweet Potato Pie o_O

Wish list from The Original Moxie.

SAMPLES AVAILABLE . . . 4 (four) for the price of 3
At their website, they have a product called "Mini Combo Kit" at this page: http://www.originalmoxie.com/mini-combo-kit. You can design your own sample kit: You get whatever 4 samples you want, at the price of 3 samples.

I never knew of these (pricey) products until yesterday. Reviews at the site and YouTube demo/reviews of various products in the line are . . . compelling. If the products can accomplish what they say the can . . . :love:

Hair_Bling_3oz_black_web__61252.1387573222.128.203.jpg

ShapeShift_12oz_black_web__21435.1392148094.128.203.jpg

I really want that Hair Bling too.

Also on my list was Alterna Bamboo heat protectant which is about $25 at Ulta but I just bought it iff Amazon because it was $13, so I can check that off.

Next on my list is a high quality flat iron. I've been taking a long time to buy it, but I've narrowed it down to a Paul Mitchell and Jose Eber 100% ceramic.
... Oooh I just saw the Jose Eber is on sale!
https://www.joseeberhair.com/collections/sale/products/jeh6398
Wish list from The Original Moxie.

SAMPLES AVAILABLE . . . 4 (four) for the price of 3
At their website, they have a product called "Mini Combo Kit" at this page: http://www.originalmoxie.com/mini-combo-kit. You can design your own sample kit: You get whatever 4 samples you want, at the price of 3 samples.

I never knew of these (pricey) products until yesterday. Reviews at the site and YouTube demo/reviews of various products in the line are . . . compelling. If the products can accomplish what they say the can . . . :love:

Hair_Bling_3oz_black_web__61252.1387573222.128.203.jpg

ShapeShift_12oz_black_web__21435.1392148094.128.203.jpg

Last edited:

Also on my list was Alterna Bamboo heat protectant which is about $25 at Ulta but I just bought it iff Amazon because it was $13, so I can check that off.

Next on my list is a high quality flat iron. I've been taking a long time to buy it, but I've narrowed it down to a Paul Mitchell and Jose Eber 100% ceramic.

Wow! I'm doing the happy dance over here for you!

That Alterna Bamboo heat protectant is on my future-try list too, for after I go through the many heat protectants I already have.

Also on the list is Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisture Treatment. Counting down until I can buy this. Again, I have to go through the rest of my SM Manuka and Honey mask before I'll allow myself to buy this.

I also want to try Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Garnier Split End Eraser when...I am out of the products I already have in those two categories.

I'm in the Use Up Your Stash Challenge and I'm really trying to make it work.

This is actually a partial BF list (depending on sales, *= maybe)

Jakeala
- 4 8oz Sweet Honey Hair Thang (still deciding on scents)
-loaf of tea tree lemongrass face soap
NurCreations
-4 16oz Green tea and avocado DC
-6 bamboo silk hair serums (black raspberry)
-3 Dead Sea hair masque
-3 Green tea creamy hair balms
APB
-6 refresher sprays (still deciding on scents)
Miscellaneous
-Hair steamer *
- Bonnet dryer

I may also try some new (to me) vendors. Thinking about Sarenzo, SSI and NaturalleGrow.

Because today a great hair care day was "ruined" by gel drying up all the moisture I so painstakingly had added to my hair, I'm feeling a STRONG URGE to drive to Target and the black-owned beauty supply store near me. She sells all the heavy hitter online-only vendors's stuff.

I'm just wondering: What's going to be the solution to my I-need-to-get-HOLD-without-use-of-a-drying-gel current issue? If money was no object, I wouldn't mind grabbing the following to see if I could find a way to do my hair without (true) gel:
  1. Tree Naturals Whipped Curl Creme
  2. Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
  3. Obia Custard (or maybe the creme?)
  4. Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard (is this really a gel?)
  5. The Original Moxie Shape Shifter
  6. Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (is this really a gel?), and
  7. something from Curl Junkie.
I'd also give The Original Moxie Just Gel a go . . . because even though it's a gel, supposedly it performs differently.

Honestly, the idea of trialing the stuff on that list takes the wind out of my sails, so I guess I don't ACTUALLY want all that stuff.

I will be patient: I already have stuff on the way that might work!: Bekura Palm Tapioca; my The Original Moxie samples; and a free sample of Essentially Hair's Moisture Foundation DC/styler. Yeah, I know: It's supposed to be THAT versatile. Even if it works, I'm pretty sure it's too budget-offensive to enter rotation.

Last edited:
Komaza samples.

I was SO excited at the idea of trying samples of their non-gel styling products (the reviews GOT me because they were talking about not liking gel so loving the products). But then one reviewer noted that they have changed the formula. They've added water and chemicals.

SIGH.

I wrote them an email asking if customers can special order a non-chemical version. I know it's a stretch, but I figure I'd try. The worst they can say is no. The best? That they've heard the customers and will be making the original formulation available again. That would be gravy.

For now, this cart is just sitting there. Given the formulation change issues, it is easy to hold off and focus on other samples/products that'll be arriving soon for trial.

upload_2016-8-4_5-55-37.png

This is a Not-Just-Yet item for me.
Clay washing instead of stripping my hair with poo has changed my hair life. So I find this product very interesting.

Hmm. This would be SOOOOO much more economical and SOOOOOO less messy than my current clay products/strategies. HOWEVER, the clay is so low down the ingredient list. I wonder if that matters -- if this bar's proportion of clay still is able to purify the hair. If I try it, I'll cut it into tiny bars so that it lasts much, much longer.

upload_2016-8-4_17-18-8.png

I found a hair gel with very interesting ingredients:

Suncoat Sugar-Based Natural Hair Styling Gel, 7 oz

Ingredients: Aqua (water), natural multi-sugar derived from vegetables, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride (from guar gum), Linum usitatissmum (linseed) seed extract (flax protein), citric acid, tocopherol (vitamin E), Citrus grandis (grapefruit ) seed extract, vegatable glycerin, essential oils.

It does contain glycerin, but it is the next to last item. The shipping is holding me back...

I found a hair gel with very interesting ingredients:

Suncoat Sugar-Based Natural Hair Styling Gel, 7 oz

Ingredients: Aqua (water), natural multi-sugar derived from vegetables, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride (from guar gum), Linum usitatissmum (linseed) seed extract (flax protein), citric acid, tocopherol (vitamin E), Citrus grandis (grapefruit ) seed extract, vegatable glycerin, essential oils.

It does contain glycerin, but it is the next to last item. The shipping is holding me back...

I'm fascinated!!! Thanks for sharing!

My hypothetical cart contains that NG Marshmallow root DC you've got your eye on. I've been eyeing it for a while too, with little to no chance of picking it up anytime soon because she doesn't ship to the UK:cry3:lol.

I've got my eye on APBs Moisture DC, and now that ST Sweet Potato Pie o_O

Nah.... We will wait for her BF sale and we will figure something out.

This is a Not-Just-Yet item for me.
Clay washing instead of stripping my hair with poo has changed my hair life. So I find this product very interesting.

Hmm. This would be SOOOOO much more economical and SOOOOOO less messy than my current clay products/strategies. HOWEVER, the clay is so low down the ingredient list. I wonder if that matters -- if this bar's proportion of clay still is able to purify the hair. If I try it, I'll cut it into tiny bars so that it lasts much, much longer.

View attachment 369357

The soap is going to strip. I've had that problem with a clay bar before

Back