Wigs, Lace Fronts, half wigs, quarter wigs, whatevuh..Let't talk about wigs!

PuffyBrown

I have seached this forum high and low for information of peoples successes, from wearing wigs. Where is it?
I found some but I know that there are more people out there wearing wigs.

I am wearing a wig for the first time ever. I have been wearing it now my 3rd week and I absolutely love it. I already have a full inch of growth. My last relaxer was September 5th. I wash 1x per week, co was 2x per week, and DC from 1x per week. I prepoo each time alternating products.

I am completely in love with this.

How has your hair benefited from wearing wigs?

Last edited:
Girl... Where have you been looking. Here are a few recent threads. There are a lot more. Do a search on wigs, weaves, lace front etc.

Weave Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241295&highlight=wigs

Wig Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=182655&highlight=wig

Da Wig Thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=285845&highlight=wig

HTH

ETA: I forgot to answer the question. I've been wearing half wigs for two months. I've been retaining most of my growth with this protective style.

I'm able to stretch relaxers longer. I'm also able to moisturize my hair in a way thats not always possible when wearing my hair out. Also, Its low manipulation so I don't have to flat iron, rollerset, etc. Just wash, dc, moisturize, seal and pin up or put in ponytail (I actually have one of those now).

Last edited:
Oh I saw these. The first one looks promising. I am actually playing along but I am horrible with challenges so I'll just watch from the side lines.

The other two mostly talk about the weaves, wigs, how you cut it; put it on; where ya bought it...yada yada.

I am looking for hair hair hair..........:woohoo2::woohoo2::woohoo2:

I want more meat! Gimme Gimme...

Girl... Where have you been looking. Here are a few recent threads. There are a lot more. Do a search on wigs, weaves, lace front etc.

Weave Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241295&highlight=wigs

Wig Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=182655&highlight=wig

Da Wig Thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=285845&highlight=wig

HTH

ETA: I forgot to answer the question. I've been wearing half wigs for two months. I've been retaining most of my growth with this protective style.

I'm able to stretch relaxers longer. I'm also able to moisturize my hair in a way thats not always possible when wearing my hair out. Also, Its low manipulation so I don't have to flat iron, rollerset, etc. Just wash, dc, moisturize, seal and pin up or put in ponytail (I actually have one of those now).

Oh I saw these. The first one looks promising. I am actually playing along but I am horrible with challenges so I'll just watch from the side lines.

The other two mostly talk about the weaves, wigs, how you cut it; put it on; where ya bought it...yada yada.

I am looking for hair hair hair..........:woohoo2::woohoo2::woohoo2:

I want more meat! Gimme Gimme...

oh, ok :lachen:

I'm a wigwearing *****skank because I cut off my afro and went bald plus relaxed again! I have four and they all have nicknames and different personas. In my siggy thats Ri Ri. Ritch here is Moet
giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
. Those two are lightweight lil cap wigs but they are synthetic.
I have two more human hair ones.
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

I'm a wigwearing *****skank because I cut off my afro and went bald plus relaxed again! I have four and they all have nicknames and different personas. In my siggy thats Ri Ri. Ritch here is Moet
giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

dang girl! Skripper and Ho! I needs to get me one. :sekret: :lol:

giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

I like the ho :lachen:

giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg
:lachen::lachen: I c-a-n'-t s-t-o-p l-a-u-g-h-i-n-g !!!! :lachen::lachen:

eta:

I like all of them.

Last edited:
giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

Your wigs look really cute on you! I really like the "skripper" and ri ri.

giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

:lachen:girl you are crazy! :lachen:

I have seached this forum high and low for information of peoples successes, from wearing wigs. Where is it?

I am wearing a wig for the first time ever. I have been wearing it now my 3rd week and I absolutely love it. I already have a full inch of growth. My last relaxer was September 5th. I wash 1x per week, co was 2x per week, and DC from 1x per week. I prepoo each time alternating products.

Wigs eh? G'on and be honest. You just wanna cover your hair cuz winter is coming and it's so COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL in da D.

Has anyone found a half wig that will go nicely with natural hair...AND IS NOT SHORT???

I wan't a APL/BSL half wig that I can blend with my hair. Right now I always have to wear a headband because my hair and the half wig do not match

Wigs have been my new best friend. :yep:

ETA: All of mine are synthetic BSS finds. When they start looking worn out, I just buy a new one.

I've been wiggin' it for a while and I love it. I used to be so self conscience with them. The one wig I love so much is wearing out and the tracks are trying to show through. :ohwell: I did buy another one, but it was so silky straight and long when I finally tried it on at home. It made me look gaunt. I was so mad! I wish I can take it back.:wallbash: I gotta get another one reaaal soon.

I hope that this thread grows with good info. I try to use wigs for my break after wearing weaves as a protective before I relax, but my hair is so puffy with new growth that the wigs rise. I would like to find cute, realistic looking brands that hold up well. I'm ok with cheap if it holds up for a few months before I throw it out.

I have some excess weave hair and I would like to try my hand at making a wig.

Where can you find good half wigs in Atlanta, Georgia?

GIRL, Atlanta is one of the best places in the world to find wigs! :lol: You have to look in the right places, though. I've found great ones in Sandy Springs, Camp Creek, Riverdale, etc. Seriously, if you want to go wig shopping let me know! :yep:

gabulldawg:
I just went to a place called DJs beauty outlet. Oh well not the largest selection but I did buy one. I would love to go shopping. Maybe you could show me how to wear half wigs. I buy them and usually just throw them in the closet because I normally wear weaves. This place did have some synthetic "lace" wigs (more like 3/4 wig with a little lace in the front and combs) for $60. I'm sure someone who knows how to style them could do a lot with them. Anyway I will pm you in the next couple of weeks. I may just reweave my hair instead.

:giggle:

I love them all! How is your hair doing? Do you how much growth you get per month?

giftjagurlmoet-th.jpg
Meet Alize the skripper
wig-th.jpg
& Mona da ho
monadaho-th.jpg

Wigs eh? G'on and be honest. You just wanna cover your hair cuz winter is coming and it's so COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL in da D.

I've been wiggin' it for a while and I love it. I used to be so self conscience with them. The one wig I love so much is wearing out and the tracks are trying to show through. :ohwell: I did buy another one, but it was so silky straight and long when I finally tried it on at home. It made me look gaunt. I was so mad! I wish I can take it back.:wallbash: I gotta get another one reaaal soon.
santwonRe: Wigs, Lace Fronts, half wigs, quarter wigs, whatevuh..Let't talk about wigs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyBrown

Santwon, you got it...:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I want give a shot out to my
homies on our block;

I went and bought a new wig on my way home. I went to a different store. Talk about wall to wall wigs. I thought I was going to pass out. Anyhoo...

When I took my braids out today. I took a look at my length. Wow, My hair is growing like a weed! I took some pictures but they are too big. I have to reduce the size. I will post them later.

Oh I will take a pix of the new one tomorrow in the morning.

I am using MT as well so that probally has something to do with the growth as well.

I have been wigs on and off for years. Curly, straight, etc. The real difference is now I am using the wigs to protect my hair instead of using wigs to hide the damage I caused neglecting and abusing my hair.

Is the point of the wig cap to protect your hair from the friction of the wig or protect the wig from the oils, sweat etc in your hair?:perplexed

My wig cap gives me a major headache, seems like it's very drying and I swear rubs my edges raw. :nono:

So ladies, is it okay not to wear one? I saw wig liners on hairsisters.com but didn't really get the point.

My understanding is it does both. My wig actually has an adjustable strap to change how tight it is on the head. I wear mine a little loose and then put hair pin in concealed areas. This allows me to wear satin and not nylon on my head. I read that the nylon is not good on the hair over a long period of time. I think this could also be the potential problem when the edges thin out.

I have been wigs on and off for years. Curly, straight, etc. The real difference is now I am using the wigs to protect my hair instead of using wigs to hide the damage I caused neglecting and abusing my hair.

Is the point of the wig cap to protect your hair from the friction of the wig or protect the wig from the oils, sweat etc in your hair?:perplexed

My wig cap gives me a major headache, seems like it's very drying and I swear rubs my edges raw. :nono:

So ladies, is it okay not to wear one? I saw wig liners on hairsisters.com but didn't really get the point.

GIRL, Atlanta is one of the best places in the world to find wigs! :lol: You have to look in the right places, though. I've found great ones in Sandy Springs, Camp Creek, Riverdale, etc. Seriously, if you want to go wig shopping let me know! :yep:

ITA

I am in South Fulton and I find them EVERYWHERE.

Forgot to add: I wear wigs mainly when I am having a bad hair day. I have the same one that firecracker has that she calls Moet.

Hey, do any of those places that you go to have websites?

Forgot to add: I wear wigs mainly when I am having a bad hair day. I have the same one that firecracker has that she calls Moet.
Moet was a bday gift from Jamerican and she named it too. Moet is a lady of the night sometimes. :lachen: Whatchowignameis?:look:

:giggle:

I love them all! How is your hair doing? Do you how much growth you get per month?
The ******** is doing ok. I haven't been relaxed a month yet. Prior to that I was going to the barber every week or so. They got on my nerves just like a hair sylist. I only have about 1 1/2-2 inches on the top and about 1 inch on the sides. No more faded sides.:lachen: I'm waiting about 6-8 weeks to go get a cut kinda like Malinda's aka Bird from Soul Food and by then I'll probably need a touch up. I don't plan on going to a stylist often so I'll be rocking wigs for a long time as well as still using Ms Jessies as this bald eagle head grows out.

The ******** is doing ok. I haven't been relaxed a month yet. Prior to that I was going to the barber every week or so. They got on my nerves just like a hair sylist. I only have about 1 1/2-2 inches on the top and about 1 inch on the sides. No more faded sides.:lachen: I'm waiting about 6-8 weeks to go get a cut kinda like Malinda's aka Bird from Soul Food and by then I'll probably need a touch up. I don't plan on going to a stylist often so I'll be rocking wigs for a long time as well as still using Ms Jessies as this bald eagle head grows out.

Oh that is a great style! Does Soul Food still come on? I didn't even realize that show was still going. HBO right?

Back