Why would she say that????

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I was in my daughter's classroom this morning doing my usual. I was talking to the kids in the class. Well I was in the mist of talking to one of my favorite students and I saw that her hair was unkept today. She normally wears braided styles. I gently touched her head and smoothed it back so it wouldn't look so wild and guess what she said....

"I have a perm and my mom doesn't have to do my hair anymore!" She said this very proudly with a big ole smile on her face.

I was shocked!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I just want to know why would a little girl say that?!!

I just hope and pray that her mom doesn't just let that little girl's hair go. Relaxer does not equal no maintenance. Your hair needs extra care because it is in an altered state. I hope her mom knows that!

She said it because that's what her mom has been repeating around the house and that is why she gave her a relaxer so she wouldn't have to take care of it anymore
nono.gif

How old is this little girl?

Wow...just wow. I hope her mother doesn't use this as an excuse not to take care of her daughther's hair. The sad thing is that the daughter will suffer.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
She said it because that's what her mom has been repeating around the house and that is why she gave her a relaxer so she wouldn't have to take care of it anymore
nono.gif

How old is this little girl?

[/ QUOTE ]
She is 7!

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
Could she have meant that she dosn't have to (or isn't going to) braid it anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope that is what she meant.
ohwell.gif

Anyone who has kids knows that sometimes they can say things "their way" It doesnt necessarily mean that that's what the mother said or even feels. It could just be the kid's interpretation of what the mother said. Maybe the mother actually said that she wouldnt have to fuss with it anymore...Or heck maybe not.

My mom was like this. she thought perming my hair would be the end of her troubles.

It was the beginning of my troubles.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
Could she have meant that she dosn't have to (or isn't going to) braid it anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. And that she does'nt have to use as much effort .

[ QUOTE ]
Mindymouse said:
[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. And that she does'nt have to use as much effort .

[/ QUOTE ]
I also wanted to add that the girls hair was unkept and looked like it hadn't even been combed or brush that morning. Like the little girl just got out of bed and went to school.

Back