Why would Archie marry Marsha?

LovelyNaps26

I'm sure many of you have watched/heard of the infamous Archie and Marsha from Bridezillas. If not, you can catch up with these short clips.

Clip 1

Clip 2

What makes men choose to marry women like Marsha? Yes, the guy did seem soft, but he wasn't crazy and seemed to have some kind of sense. Do you know couples like this? Do they make "it work".

--------
p.s. A number of sites, including the WE TV blog claims that they are no longer together. She found another woman's pad in her bathroom and decided that she couldn't deal with his cheating.

my guess would be a mixture of low self esteem and some type of delusional feeling of obligation to her.... to me, he was in an abusive relationship and did everything that he could (in his mind) to remain in his "good" relationship... IIRC his father was a minister right?... i dunno, it made no sense to me... she totally emasculated that man on national tv... even if it was scripted, it was TOO MUCH....

i was not surprised when it was revealed on a "where are they now?" epi that they were no longer together...

Last edited:
This is an old one. I actually saw a follow up of them I think, and they got a divorce (if it was the same couple and I'm 99 percent sure).

This is an old one. I actually saw a follow up of them I think, and they got a divorce (if it was the same couple and I'm 99 percent sure).

Not surprised at all. To answer OP's question: Cause he was a punk and some men like to be told what to do.

Its so sad when a couple is planning a wedding and people pretty much knows the odds of the relationship making it are very slim. I hope they learned from all this and are on the road to healthier relationships.

Ummm. I didn't watch the show, but she didn't seem that bad in that clip.

He did seem like an unnecessary punk though

LOL I remember them and I would say poor Archie BUT after the show aired, a member here posted his Match.com profile he had set up and was still logging in on at the time. LOL these two just wasted money and I don't understand how anybody would have or could have married her anyway.

as crazy as it may seem, he probably checked out emotionally or was never really attached in the first place. he was probably there for fun while he was getting his needs met somewhere else.

LOL I remember them and I would say poor Archie BUT after the show aired, a member here posted his Match.com profile he had set up and was still logging in on at the time. LOL these two just wasted money and I don't understand how anybody would have or could have married her anyway.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: proves my point.

She said on one of those links OP posted that he was a cheater and it was a problem before and during the marriage. She said that she had been trying to move past his latest episode of cheating during the wedding which is why she called it off (the cameras/editing didn't allude to that part) and THAT was the REAL reason he was crying like a lil biyash. Seems he was in begging mode, probably coupled with the tv cameras and his own ego and he wasn't thinking clearly overall.

She said on one of those links OP posted that he was a cheater and it was a problem before and during the marriage. She said that she had been trying to move past his latest episode of cheating during the wedding which is why she called it off (the cameras/editing didn't allude to that part) and THAT was the REAL reason he was crying like a lil biyash. Seems he was in begging mode, probably coupled with the tv cameras and his own ego and he wasn't thinking clearly overall.

This makes sense, even though she seemed like a **** to me anyway, I do think it was more than just her attitude as a factor, first of all because they edit the show to make it seem like the bride is indeed a bridezilla and second of all because it is always easy to think a man is the victim when all YOU see is a woman fussing and carrying on.

Men like to look good in public, how he behaved behind closed doors may have been totally different. And weddings bring out the worst in people, you get fed up dealing with mess involved in planning on top of your relationship issues that are not going to go away just because you are
getting married.

SO, I am not saying she wasn't extra, but I highly doubt he was just a docile saint himself cause ain't no man bout to get on national t.v. and allow himself to have his balls handed to him on a platter unless he is into that DOM/SUB type stuff.

Back