Why... Why... Why...

SmartyPants

Do I insist on talking to my family about my hair care practices. they were telling me how thick my hair is getting. So, I showed my cousin my phytorelaxer that I am putting in at 8 weeks (got it on sale). Anyway... she starts tripping about my paying that kind of money for a relaxer when the $5 box perm is good enough.

Then she commented on my waiting 8 weeks to relax (I didn't bother telling her that next time it's going to be 13 weeks and I am only doing 8 this time because I underprocessed last time).

When will I learn ya'll?!:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Do I insist on talking to my family about my hair care practices. they were telling me how thick my hair is getting. So, I showed my cousin my phytorelaxer that I am putting in at 8 weeks (got it on sale). Anyway... she starts tripping about my paying that kind of money for a relaxer when the $5 box perm is good enough.

Then she commented on my waiting 8 weeks to relax (I didn't bother telling her that next time it's going to be 13 weeks and I am only doing 8 this time because I underprocessed last time).

I have a feeling you have learned.

That sucks. Fortunately my family is pretty supportive of whatever I do with my hair. However, if I told them that I spent 60 bucks to buy a box of phytorelaxer, I don't think they would be too accepting of that, LOL. Honestly, I keep the majority of my 'hair stuff' to myself when it comes to folks (friends or family) that may be unsupportive, i.e. highly critical. That way if I ever 'fall off' with the maintenance, no one can tease me or comment on what I 'used to do' and how it didn't work.

That sucks. Fortunately my family is pretty supportive of whatever I do with my hair. However, if I told them that I spent 60 bucks to buy a box of phytorelaxer, I don't think they would be too accepting of that, LOL. Honestly, I keep the majority of my 'hair stuff' to myself when it comes to folks (friends or family) that may be unsupportive, i.e. highly critical. That way if I ever 'fall off' with the maintenance, no one can tease me or comment on what I 'used to do' and how it didn't work.

But they pay $65 to let someone else perm their hair. What's the difference?

Smarty,

Where was phyto on sale?? I drop $100 on getting relaxers with phyto at the salon and people fall out...:ohwell:

I get the same thing from certain people in my family...they ask a question, then when I get really into it, they have to put their two cents in. Now, I know better :nono:

Yeah, i need to learn how to keep my mouth shut too. I guess if i have hair issues i can talk to my bff or post it on the forum...everyone else is to dog gone negative!

this is how it seems for me.

ear length and up-whatever i do to my hair will make it fall out
chin length-whatever i do will make my hair break
shoulder length-they start askin what i put on it
collarbone-they start askin what i do to it
i'm apl now and all i get is "wow its growin!"

i told my cousin about the ORS relaxer and she did the same thing. "my scalp is sensitive...i cant use anything but botanicals. oh, but i'll use it if you buy it for me."

:look:

Back