Oh Dear GOD!!! Oh, WHY??? Hair DISASTER!!!

AAAWWW OP!!!!!

I sm so so so sorry this happened to you!

I saw your 3rd and 4th pics and they made me feel so sad. I actually felt the pain that you must be going thru. (((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You already got some good advise but I wanted you to know that we got your back and you dont look hideous at all!

I felt the same way, they made my heart ache for her:sad:

Hi honey, Im so sorry to hear that but FIRST: stop focusing on it ( I know it will be hard but the more you panic ...the more you can cause damage if this is caused by stress)
SECOND : Book an appointment with a dermatologist to evaluate your patch . Because it doesnt look like you have a burn or something just to make sure everything is fine . THIRD: do not put any tension on your head so leave the ponytails alone. FORTH : baby that area FIFTH: take my big HUG. Be patient and try to relax to avoid extra damages. BIG KISS.

Hey sweetie,

I am so sorry this happened to you. I know how it is to be stressed to no end. I have a bottle of bee mine growth serum in strawberry kiwi that you can try if you like. Just pm me your address and I can mail it later on this week.

Ladies... thank you so much for all your support! I'm actually kinda suprised that so many people felt somewhat sympathy for me... I've never gone thru anything like this before and your support means so much to me. I kinda feel like I'm not alone thru this...:yawn:

This is normal hair loss after childbirth. Your hormones are in overdrive and sometimes results in hair loss in the temple area.

Sorry honey...
I am not a mother but I have heard the stories from my friends and sisters on this site about the dreaded post partum shedding.

Hugs and kisses. Try not to worry and take care of your hair form now on end. Stretch this relaxer as long as physically possible. Not sure how long it takes for the hair to start to progress again after Post Partum but I am sure that you will recover. I said a little prayer for you sweetie.

God Bless

AAAWWW OP!!!!!

I sm so so so sorry this happened to you!

I saw your 3rd and 4th pics and they made me feel so sad. I actually felt the pain that you must be going thru. (((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You already got some good advise but I wanted you to know that we got your back and you dont look hideous at all!

Me too...I don't post over here much at all anymore, but I saw the pics and had to come in and give OP an E-hug. The upside of being laid off is at least you can stay home and baby it while it grows back w/o the stress of being at work. Feel better, and congrats on the new baby.

Is the area right now sore to the touch?

When I was going through PPS the area where it was shedding was sore. I had it on both sides. my hair line looked like it got edged up in a box shape to far back:lachen:. But I was prepared for it since I read about it ahead of time. So I knew when I was gonna start shedding.

I haven't read all the replies... but you said you had a baby 3 months ago, and that is when my Post Partum shedding started as well. I shed hair all over, but it was most noticeable in my temple areas. I used Nioxin Follicle booster, and noticed hair coming in after about 2-3 weeks. It works. I'm sorry to hear about your job... :hug3:

awww man this broke my heart!

I didnt read the whole thread, but the first thought was a spot of chemical alopecia, but then at the end of the thread I hear that it might be Post Partum shedding. no matter what it is, hang in there and you can get through this it shall pass, and that area can grow back. We have seen it SOOO much around here already. hang in there mama! :kiss:

Oh sweetie! I just need to give you a big cyber hug :hug2: I felt your pain while looking at those pics.

First of all YOU ARE NOT HIDEOUS! I promise you that it seems a heck of a lot worse to you than it looks.... and it will grow back!

Now, imo it looks like you may be experiencing Postpartum Alopecia, or Telogen Effluvium to be more specific... I know of somebody who exp this... Here is some info

Another common form of hair loss, postpartum alopecia is caused by hormonal
changes during the course of a pregnancy. The changes cause an alteration in the
growth pattern of the hair follicles. There is usually very little sign of these changes
during the pregnancy itself, but rather a sudden and very excessive loss of hair from
three to nine months after the birth of the child. While this is often very traumatic for
the new mother suffering from the hair loss, the hair's growth cycle typically returns to
normal within a year after the end of the pregnancy.

There is a form of alopecia related to postpartum alopecia called telogen
effluvium [TELL-oh-jen eh-FLU-vee-um], which refers to a condition in which the growth
cycles of the hair follicles have shifted in such a way that abnormal numbers of follicles
move into the telogen (or resting) phase of the growth cycle. The diffuse hair loss
caused by telogen effluvium results in the loss of as many as 400 hairs a day - around
ten times the normal rate of hair loss. The resultant hair loss is often difficult to spot
until about 25 percent of the hair has been lost. Telogen effluvium can be aggravated
by stress.

http://www.hairfinder.com/hair-problems/alopecia.htm

If I was you I would seek a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis but I reckon that is what it may be.

Last edited:
Ladies... thank you so much for all your support! I'm actually kinda suprised that so many people felt somewhat sympathy for me... I've never gone thru anything like this before and your support means so much to me. I kinda feel like I'm not alone thru this...:yawn:

Girl, the look on your face those pictures tells it all. Who couldn't feel your pain in those pics? :kiss:

If you want a more definitive diagnosis, definitely see a dermatologist. I still agree with the ladies who are saying this is post partum shedding, though. The time frame and the looks of your situation in the photos build a strong case for it. Once you've been through post partum shedding, you never forget it. Everytime I touched my hand to my head, hair was just coming off. I would just watch it swirl on down the drain on wash days. What I did was go on a 6-7 month stretch until the shedding subsided. :yep: I didn't have it with my first pregnancy, but the second one... girl.:nono: Ask a mommy whose been through it, girl they'll tell you. Keep us updated on your progress with this. :yep:

Hey hun. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for all that you are going through. Also congrats on your bundle of blessings. As far as your hair goes, like everyone said, it'll grow back just be patient and diligent and try to relax (your body NOT YOUR HAIR, please don't relax your hair) as much as you can. Also, you're NOT hideous, and this definitely does NOT look like your hairline is naturally receding. If you're worried about appearances (like we all do naturally) I guess light wig wearing (when you go out) would be ok.

I just wanted to send you a big (((HUG)))! You can grow it back. I had the same problem on one said with thinning and it came back. Since you are breastfeeding try some JBCO if you want to keep other things out of your system. I see alot of good info has been given. Just hugs lady. It will get better.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I agree with the other ladies though that it's post partum shedding. My good friend is going through this now. She had twins girls and then shortly after she had her son. Now that her hormones are leveling off again, her hair is falling out like crazy. She won't relax it until the shedding slows down.

I actually had small spots in the front of my hair line break that bad (all of the hairs making it bald or damn near it) from over processing. Once when I did a dye touch up a week or more after my relaxer and one time without the dye touch up. It can be a number of things on top of over processing. It can be the core reason.

but i stopped relaxing to prevent stuff like that happening. It could be from wrapping your hair the same direction, dying too soon after the relaxer, a change in products, constant coming/flat ironing after the relaxer or whatever else on top of over processed relaxers. :(

it took my spots no more than a month and some change to get the spots covered with some new growth, but it was annoying because those were the days i always wore bangs and it was directly the center of my front hairline. ever since ive been really carefull about my thinner areas.

Oh sweetie! I just need to give you a big cyber hug :hug2: I felt the your pain while looking at those pics.

First of all YOU ARE NOT HIDEOUS! I promise you that it seems a heck of a lot worser to you than it looks.... and it will grow back!

Now imo it looks like you maybe experiencing Postpartum Alopecia, or Telogen Effluvium to be more specific... I know of somebody who exp this... Here is some info

Another common form of hair loss, postpartum alopecia is caused by hormonal
changes during the course of a pregnancy. The changes cause an alteration in the
growth pattern of the hair follicles. There is usually very little sign of these changes
during the pregnancy itself, but rather a sudden and very excessive loss of hair from
three to nine months after the birth of the child. While this is often very traumatic for
the new mother suffering from the hair loss, the hair's growth cycle typically returns to
normal within a year after the end of the pregnancy.

There is a form of alopecia related to postpartum alopecia called telogen
effluvium [TELL-oh-jen eh-FLU-vee-um], which refers to a condition in which the growth
cycles of the hair follicles have shifted in such a way that abnormal numbers of follicles
move into the telogen (or resting) phase of the growth cycle. The diffuse hair loss
caused by telogen effluvium results in the loss of as many as 400 hairs a day - around
ten times the normal rate of hair loss. The resultant hair loss is often difficult to spot
until about 25 percent of the hair has been lost. Telogen effluvium can be aggravated
by stress.

http://www.hairfinder.com/hair-problems/alopecia.htm

If I was you I would seek a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis but I reckon that is what it may be.

Wow! I've learned something new about something I never new existed! But suprisingly, it sounds accurate. Thanks Noir...

I actually had small spots in the front of my hair line break that bad (all of the hairs making it bald or damn near it) from over processing. Once when I did a dye touch up a week or more after my relaxer and one time without the dye touch up. It can be a number of things on top of over processing. It can be the core reason.

but i stopped relaxing to prevent stuff like that happening. It could be from wrapping your hair the same direction, dying too soon after the relaxer, a change in products, constant coming/flat ironing after the relaxer or whatever else on top of over processed relaxers. :(

it took my spots no more than a month and some change to get the spots covered with some new growth, but it was annoying because those were the days i always wore bangs and it was directly the center of my front hairline. ever since ive been really carefull about my thinner areas.

Naaturelle,

I'm curious... what'd you use?

:sad: :bighug: Take care to baby that spot. Be VERY careful how you tie your scarves. And be mindful of anything that rubs that area. Until you can get a growth aid, castor oil and olive oil helps. :( Hope it works out.

Someone suggested MN... can anyone tell me what that is? I was thinking NTM, but the T is missing... any ideas ladies?

Ladies, thanks for the support... really. I've got to research the MN thing. Have any of you ladies actually put MONISTAT on your scalp with success? :ohwell:

I wonder how someone figured that'd make your hair grow???

Just wanted to give you a hug :hug2: since the other ladies have already shared some great advice. Just wanted to add that the same thing happened to my sis after she had a baby but her sides eventually grew back in as I'm sure yours will too...take care.

Krikit, the ladies here have given wonderful advice. I pray God restores all and more for your hair and future employment. You know your LHCF sisters are here to back you up on your hair journey. :hug3:

Back