Why Is Age Not A Matter With Guys?

Choclatcotton

I know someone who was approached by a much younger guy who seemed interested in a friendship. The person hinted around that they were a quite a few years older so as not to misrepresent themselves. The guy still appeared interested and even sought out the person by name. So it makes me wonder is age only a factor with women? Or do men not care if a woman is of a certain age? I think women feel like i will look like your mother in a few years?

I know someone who was approached by a much younger guy who seemed interested in a friendship. The person hinted around that they were a quite a few years older so as not to misrepresent themselves. The guy still appeared interested and even sought out the person by name. So it makes me wonder is age only a factor with women? Or do men not care if a woman is of a certain age? I think women feel like i will look like your mother in a few years?

Is your friend youthful looking? I've noticed men like women who appear youthful. For some that's roundness on a woman for others it's slimness.

But, the main factor seems to be a physical 'youthfulness'. Some men know a woman is older and they can clearly see it. Assuming his intentions are not nefarious and that he does not just want to use and only have sex with this woman, they don't care about the age. Men are visual. If you look good to them, that's all they care about for the initial encounter where they are intending to get to the know the woman.

I encourage all women to take care of their teeth, skin and bodies. Not because I am about superficiality, but because the world is.

You never know if you may find yourself thrust out your marriage or current relationship or job. A well cared for physical body and appearance, can help one ease into a new relationship, or a new opportunity. The better you look, the more potential mates you have from which to choose. The better you look, the more likely people are to hire you. This is not how I personal operate, but it seems to be the norm for society, in general.

This will be with far less angst than if you look bad. I'm not talking about clothes and make-up. I'm talking about having your best body, face, hair and teeth.

I'd rather spend the energy on a relationship and new job, than trying to defend my ability to do the work or convince someone I'm a certain age, because I look 'old' and tired. Whether people like it or not, WOMEN are especially judged upon how they look. I know how I think the world should be. But, I delve and deal with how the world is [from my experience of observing women in society]. And that's: superficial.

Lastly, the fact that your friend was approached by a younger man communicates to me that she takes care of herself. My only suggestion to her would be: stop hinting around and telling men about her age. He'll find out soon enough. Not because she is trying to keep a secret, but because just like her time, information about her age and self are things he needs to EARN!

Last edited:
Age is mind over matter. If they don't mind, then it don't matter. It's about sharing the same heart between a man and a woman in love. :love2:

I like this. When all is said and done, I believe this to be true as well.

Well said @Chicoro

I know women on both sides of the equation right now. One that's divorced and in her 40s but looks amazing and she has to fight guys 25 yesterday young to leave her alone.

Contrasted I have a friend around 50, whose extreme slimmness can imply illness and she is having a hard time just finding a job.

OP regarding your question. Men like women, period. If her looks abd personality turn him on he will want to be around her.

Quito from @Chicoro
You never know if you may find yourself thrust out your marriage or current relationship or job. A well cared for physical body and appearance, can help one ease into a new relationship, or a new opportunity. The better you look, the more potential mates you have from which to choose. The better you look, the more likely people are to hire you. This is not how I personal operate, but it seems to be the norm for society, in general

i think if it's for a fling/short term relationship men don't care. Not many marry much older women though

I was just about to type this. Most younger men will go for a older woman because they want something from her (sex, money, car, connections, upgrade, etc). It is usually for short-term, not to marry.

Ex: A close friend of mine in her late 40s is dating a younger man who is in his early 30s. He has basically told her upfront that he doesn't want anything serious because he'd like to have kids in his future. He said he doesn't want to hurt her. She can no longer have kids, and her kids are grown. Btw she is a project manager at a Fortune 500 company and he is the facility worker at a nearby college. She probably needs a man of her age and status for anything meaningful. JMO

Last edited:
Men only care if a woman looks good. Period. If he has other intentions, like having children for instance, then her age will be a factor. Otherwise, they don’t care.

I know a guy who is in his late 40’s, no children and doesn’t want any. He dates women in their 20’s, he dates women in their 60’s. He just likes women who take care of themselves and know how to have fun.

I was just about to type this. Most younger men will go for a older woman because they want something from her (sex, money, car, connections, upgrade, etc). It is usually for short-term, not to marry.

Ex: A close friend of mine in her late 40s is dating a younger man who is in his early 30s. He has basically told her upfront that he doesn't want anything serious because he'd like to have kids in his future. He said he doesn't want to hurt her. She can no longer have kids, and her kids are grown. Btw she is a project manager at a Fortune 500 company and he is the facility worker at a nearby college. She probably needs a man of her age and status for anything meaningful. JMO

So just sex with a janitor? Is that what all this means?

Exactly!,,,

Yea! Just don’t marry him!:lachen:or put anything in your name with this guy.

:lachen:

Doesnt compute for me. Im sure there are nice and maybe even hung janitors doling out mind blowing orgasms. I just cant get turned on by it. Id have to think he was self employed cleaning service or something...lmao. Minimum wage job after college age is just......eh.

Good for her. There's a part of me that wishes it was that easy for me. Id have more dates to fill in my calendar. Lol

So just sex with a janitor? Is that what all this means?
My brain can't handle this mess.

:lachen:

Doesnt compute for me. Im sure there are nice and maybe even hung janitors doling out mind blowing orgasms. I just cant get turned on by it. Id have to think he was self employed cleaning service or something...lmao. Minimum wage job after college age is just......eh.

Good for her. There's a part of me that wishes it was that easy for me. Id have more dates to fill in my calendar. Lol

Same here. And he has the nerve to say 'nothing serious' as if he's the prize. Fix it, Jesus...

Considering that women more easily get emotionally attached, I think she is playing with fire. Just my opinion.
Agreed. It's not worth it.

I agree with @Chicoro. They don’t care not one iota.

I was in the store about a month ago and this manchild comes up to me with made up convo. I speak back and he looks @ me bewildered & goes, “Why do you look so young, but sound so old???” :lachen: :lachen: turns out the kid is 20 AND still tries to shoot his shot when I tell him my age & decline. He thought I was 20/21 & still follows me on IG/Snap.

I’m approaching my mid-30s so stuff like this is always funny to me. I think I look young, esp without makeup, but I can’t believe I look THAT young Bc most 20 y/os look like newborns to me :lol:. I’m naturally bubbly, so I think that can make one seem younger, also.

Bae is in his late 20s, but he is an old soul so it works out. He thought he was a few yrs older than me when we met several years ago & I thought he was 29/30 :lol:

I agree with @Chicoro. They don’t care not one iota.

I was in the store about a month ago and this manchild comes up to me with made up convo. I speak back and he looks @ me bewildered & goes, “Why do you look so young, but sound so old???” :lachen: :lachen: turns out the kid is 20 AND still tries to shoot his shot when I tell him my age & decline. He thought I was 20/21 & still follows me on IG/Snap.

I’m approaching my mid-30s so stuff like this is always funny to me. I think I look young, esp without makeup, but I can’t believe I look THAT young Bc most 20 y/os look like newborns to me :lol:. I’m naturally bubbly, so I think that can make one seem younger, also.

Bae is in his late 20s, but he is an old soul so it works out. He thought he was a few yrs older than me when we met several years ago & I thought he was 29/30 :lol:
-----------------
A pretty smile, or even just a smile period and a tight, toned body gets them every time.

Back