Why Flax Oil and not Fish Oil supplements???

vevster

I see a lot of you are using flax oil as a supplement. However, flax must convert into the substance that is already present in fish oil. If you are a poor converter than you will not reap the maximum benefit...

Anyone out there taking fish oil??? Cod Liver Oil is great espec in the winter months....

I don't take flax seed oil but I have been taking fish oil for the past couple of months. I have noticed that my skin seems less dry than before I started taking it. I take one capsule per day.

I am more in favor of fish oil too because I believe there is more compatibility between animals (humans and fishs) than between humans and plants (that's my own theory...)

But cod liver is very high in vitmain A and D, so you should watch that you don't go over the maximum cos it's poisoning.

Living in Canada, salmon is cheaper and widely available. That's also my favourite.

F.

hmmmmm...very interesting. i've never thought about the two, but thanks cuz i'm going to do more research now. as far as cod liver oil, i do take one tablespoon of it a week in during the winter months. my mom gave it to us regularly as children to keep us from being sick in the winter, and i've just never stopped.

I used to take cod liver oil years ago but stopped. I'm quite happy right now with flax oil after reading the reviews on its overall health benefits and its the flax oil that I read about in health publications and health consultant articles as being the oil to take. For reasons too numerous to list.

Here's the one I take:

http://www.a1supplements.com/scripts/ecom.dll?a1:ITEMDETAIL::USTNKNBW_A1_14982

At the end of the day to each his own. Its an individual choice, esp. as the oils often seem to overlap in terms of what they contain /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm new to all this EFA stuff but I do so far prefer flax over cod liver.

I'm sure I've not answered your question.

I used to take fish oil, but I can't stand the fish taste when I burp and i can smell the fishy smell UGH!!! But....one thing I'm worried about interms of fish oil now, is knowing is it really that good for us still with all of the pollutants in the sea. Some of this must be traceable in the oil right???

It seems that the oils get cleaned/purified before being encapsuled.

I feel you on the smell LOL! However, for me it is assurance that I really bought fish oil, which I don't get with the other oils.

F.

I have been taking cod-liver oil, since I was a little girl, one teaspoon daily, after I became an adult, 2 teaspoons daily. I find if I don't take my cod-liver oil after a few weeks, my skin starts to itch me like mad, so I find it very important, I also take flaxseed oil, one teaspoon, taken two to three times daily. I hope the supplements very good.

Back