WHY do you wash frequently?

itismehmmkay

-Is it because you just like extra clean hair?
-Does you style seem to fade frequently?
-Is it to grow hair?

I might be converting to a weekly washer (I've been a 2-4week washer for the past few months). This is mostly because my hair looks like it needs a wash today.

How about you all?

my scalp starts to itch after about 4 days--and by the 7th day my hair is definitely ready for a wash. also my ends get dry after a few days. so CO-washing once or twice a week helps keep my hair moisturized too. and i just feel better with a clean head. /images/graemlins/bath.gif

For me.. I just can't go long w/o washing my hair.. Unless I was sick..I don't think I've gone longer than 1 or 2 days w/o washing my hair.. for me, personally, I just feel as if my hair would be dirty.. and before when I was washing, blowdrying and curling my hair everyday.. I did it because my hair looked way better freshly washed than not. But I never style my hair anymore.. I'm transitioning so I just wear a baseball hat..lol Unless I have somewhere to go.

I sweat a WHOLE lot when I dance or work out. I can hardly comb my hair after a sweat session so I must wash!

I work out...and my hair is a frizzy mess if I don't wash it every day. When I Co wash it every day...it's more manageable. I tried to go two days without washing it...but it just ends up being a tangled mess. I also like to sport the wet and wavy side bun look.

I'm natural & CW every day and Poo 1x/week b/c I put a lot a goo in my hair in an attempt to get some curl definition. However, when I'm wearing braids I only wash once every two weeks or sooner if i start to itch.

I wash cause there's nothing like clean scalp and hair /images/graemlins/bath.gif

That's right, I forgot about working out and sweating. Maybe I'll start doing some sweat sessions since I'll be washing more frequently. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

My hair looks better when I do, it starts to look stiff when I don't wash it often. Plus, I love having water in my hair and I think it contributes to faster hair growth. My only gripe now is that when I wash it I have to set it afterwards. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

What's "frequently"?

I wash my hair every 5-6 days because that's how long it looks good and because if I went longer than that, I would begin to experience some breakage.

I don't wash it more often because I try not to manipulate my hair a whole bunch.

mainly becasue of product buldup, and it becomes more tangled as it gets dirty...and I like being clean.

I wash frequently (once per week) b/c my hair/scalp needs to be light and free of oils, etc. otherwise it will shed, sometimes excessively.

my hair is very fine so it has to be light and airy and not weighed down by products. I wash twice a week.

I am back and forth..when my relaxer is "old" I tend to wash more frequently just to be able to manage the new growth, but once a week or every ten days is the when my relaxer is fresh..I don't have time anymore to style my hair every morning so I keep a bun for a week or rollerset.

I like when my hairdresser wash my hair she can put me to sleep and also i like the bounce and how nice it smells when i un wrapp my hair.

I wash frequently because I HATE having dirty/oily hair, my scalp starts to itch after about 5 days, and because I think the frequent conditioning of my hair is what's keeping it healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
I am back and forth..when my relaxer is "old" I tend to wash more frequently just to be able to manage the new growth, but once a week or every ten days is the when my relaxer is fresh..I don't have time anymore to style my hair every morning so I keep a bun for a week or rollerset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm thinking that's why my hair looks old and dirty...I have alot of new-growth. I think I'm 7-8weeks post. The only thing is that I usually rollerset my texturized hair, air-dry it overnight, and then use a curling iron to straighten it. At least this is what I did last time I washed it. The roller-setting isnt' too bad. It's just the weekly curling iron that I'm worried about. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just like the smell and feel of freshly washed hair. I'm used to washing it once a day now. It started when I was trying to get rid of a million shampoos.

well cause i like my hair and scalp to be clean and smell fresh. by day 5 or 6 I start to get the itchies so I try to wash 1-2 times a week.

[ QUOTE ]
I sweat a WHOLE lot when I dance or work out. I can hardly comb my hair after a sweat session so I must wash!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I can't stand to jog or do step aerobics and not wash my hair. I conditioner wash almost everday and shampoo once a week.

I co wash daily b/c otherwise my ponytail is just a big puffball. If I could figure out what to do with it to hold the style better, I'd only co wash every other day.

I wash frequently because:
(1) my ends get dry quick and after a fresh wash and set my ends are like new. In the past, breaking ends, frizzy dry ends were always the reason why I had to cut my hair.
(2) it relaxes me
(3) when the new growth sprouts, it allows me to extend the relaxer a bit.
(4) hair smells and feels better

Clean -- is all I can say! /images/graemlins/bath.gif I sweat in my hair running 5 days out of the week. So now I just wash and condition my hair every day! /images/graemlins/bath2.gif I used to think this would dry it out.. But I have been doing this for over a year now and my hair is the longest it has been in over 6 years. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I can't go longer than five days without washing. The itchies grab hold and won't let go!

I wash my hair every other day. My hair tends to get crispy when I don't wash it. I seems to thrive with CO washes. Also, Surge 14 can irritate my scalp a little, so I wash it to prevent that. But for real, I'm addicted to CO washes. It's like crack! It's so refreshing. I think I have issues. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Back