WHY do you wash frequently?

I shampoo every 2-3 days now. I use curl activator every day. And I apply grease to my ends. My hair starts to feel icky around day two.

Well I wear it naturally curly and don't pin it up at nite, so I get terrible bed head. Plus it itches after a few days. Even when I get it straightened.

I wouldn't say I wash my hair a lot (every 2-3 days). I just love for my hair to feel clean and to smell good:) It also has a lot more shine as opposed to washing it once a week due to product buildup.

I did it, because I heard everyone raving about it.

It didn't do me any justice though, my hair was/is wave nouveau so it was a ball of crisp for ages, and once moist again, it was too moist and needed washing again! So I went back to every 10 days and that suits me fine.

Once i'm natural, it may be a different story.

x

I wash frequently because it prevents dirt and dryness - two things that lead to breakage - also freshens my curls.

[ QUOTE ]
my scalp starts to itch after about 4 days--and by the 7th day my hair is definitely ready for a wash. also my ends get dry after a few days. so CO-washing once or twice a week helps keep my hair moisturized too. and i just feel better with a clean head. /images/graemlins/bath.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

these are my reasons w/the exception of conditioner washes-i don't do them-i poo/con every wednesday and saturday. /images/graemlins/bath.gif

I generally wash twice a week. Before I came to LHCF I washed once a week, faithfully.

When I started on my journey towards healthy hair and scalp I did a lot of reading on hair care. The one common, reoccurring theme in all the books was to wash frequently to keep the hair and scalp clean.

I may do a co wash if my hair is feeling dry. I haven't had to do a co wash in a while because I do a pre treatment EVERY time I wash and moisturize every night. So far so good.

My hair starts to feel dry. My ends. So I like to moisturerize them with water and conditioner (wash my hair). I wash once a week, and sometimes twice a week, it just depends on what my hair is doing, and what type of style I have it in, or the engagements for the week.

I usually just have it pinned back, but I have alot of performances and I must look cute. So im doing alot of air dry then caruso it up styles lately.

-Faye

I wash twice weekly - Wednesday & Saturday because I love the smell of shampoo(or clean hair)and to rid it of build up. Also my scalp itches when I go for more than five days without a proper washing / conditioning treatment.

I wash my hair every week, or sometimes two weeks, but I condition wash daily. I like the feeling of the water in my scalp and my hair doesn't feel right, if I don't, especially as I had it coloured, as I deep conditioned it last week and I rinsed with conditioner, rosewater and glycerine, it feels much better.

I like wshing more frequently because my hair just feels way more moisturized and I don't have to go through the daily moisturizing routine as I have to do when my hair is dry.My hair gets preogressively drier the longer I take to wash.

-I like clean scalp/hair.
-prevents dryness - that lead to breakage.
-it keeps hair shiny and bouncy.

hiza...

Back