Why do men do this?

BlackHairDiva

At work, I as minding my business and out of the blue someone tapped me on the shoulder. There he was perfect BM speciment ...I mean he is FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE :lick::lick:. HE is a BETTER looking version of Mekhi Phifer. HE introduced himself and within the first few seconds of our first line he mentioned that he is married with a child. I thought how wonderful, at least he is honest. God is showing me there are some good men out there that dont step out on their spouses.

He was cool, we only did small chat once in a while when we see eachother in the office. Months went by and he got transfered to another department and he is in training...On my floor. Again we did small talk. Its been about 2 or 3 weeks that he's the floor training.

Yesterday,out of the blue he starts complementing me like crazy!!!! To a point he starts caressing my shoulder:perplexed....( Hmm yes at work!!!!!!...Homie was coming on hard!!! :nono:) I backed away but remain polite. HE then sends me an email about interesting facts he discovered( such who how many stars there are in the sky, how much time he would take for one to count them all. Canada mean Village...etc.) One of the facts was that a person can burn 26 calories by kissing.

He kept going wow 26 calories...amazing...we should start kissing and lose some calories. I laughed it off and ignore him.

Today( at work!!!!), he came to see me at my desk. We small talked as usual( How u doing, nice day, lots clients, good sales/bad sales). Then Out of the blue.... he asked me if I wanted to make out with him :shocked:. I was shocked....I mumbled:" Unfortunately, I can't...sorry."

Why in the world would a man do that in daylight at WORK?!?!?!

WTF :nono:..I need to get a new job soon. The pay sucks, Its far away from home ( 2 hours commute). I'm sick of it. Plus, I'm sick of other staff members as well.

Pray for me...I need to get another job ASAP. Enough is Enough.

Last edited:
At work, I as minding my business and out of the blue someone tapped me on the shoulder. There he was perfect BM speciment ...I mean he is FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE :lick::lick:. HE is a BETTER looking version of Mekhi Phifer. HE introduced himself and within the first few seconds of our first line he mentioned that he is married with a child. I thought how wonderful, at least he is honest. God is showing me there are some good men out there that dont step out on their spouses.

He was cool, we only did small chat once in a while when we see eachother in the office. Months went by and he got transfered to another department and he is in training...On my floor. Again we did small talk. Its been about 2 or 3 weeks that he's the floor training.

Yesterday,out of the blue he starts complementing me like crazy!!!! To a point he starts caressing my shoulder:perplexed....( Hmm yes at work!!!!!!...Homie was coming on hard!!! :nono:) I backed away but remain polite. HE then sends me an email about interesting facts he discovered( such who how many stars there are in the sky, how much time he would take for one to count them all. Canada mean Village...etc.) One of the facts was that a person can burn 26 calories by kissing.

He kept going wow 26 calories...amazing...we should start kissing and loose some calories. I laughed it off and ignore him.

Today( at work!!!!), he came to see me at my desk. We small talked as usual( How u doing, nice day, lots clients, good sales/bad sales). Then Out of the blue.... he asked me if I wanted to make out with him :shocked:. I was shocked....I mumbled:" Unfortunately, I can't...sorry."

WTF :nono:..I need to get a new job soon. The pay sucks, Its far away from home ( 2 hours commute). I'm sick of it. Plus, I'm sick of other staff members as well.

Nevermind the fact that he did this BS at work. HE is MARRIED with CHILDREN! Some men can be so damn trifling. :nono: I'm praying for you honey.

Well, I think that leopard is just showing his spots!

1) He mentioned his marriage and child so you'd know not expect any sort of commitment or honorable intentions out of him(not because he's a stand up guy).
He's testing the waters to figure out if you'd be down to fool around under those circumstances.

2.) He's doing it in broad daylight at work because he is a slimy crapweasel looking to play hide the pickle with you.

3) Next time he sends you an email with interesting facts, you should reply with an email about the "Interesting facts of sexual harasment". :)

He kept going wow 26 calories...amazing...we should start kissing and lose some calories. I laughed it off and ignore him.

:censored: I would have cussed is a*s out.

:hardslap: * I'd really like to do this.*

~sigh~ Dude is a goofy!

Poor guy.....he wants to find an out without actually disturbing his home life. I mean it is cheaper to keep her.:look: Don't worry, he will leave you alone once he finds someone that will comply.:yep:

Screw Face.

Whats up with this brotha. This is beyond inappropriate.

ETA: But to answer the question, men do this kind of stuff because they can.

Last edited:
Crazy, but I believe it.

I think by continuing to sort of "be nice" to him, he thought you were "with it"--hooking up with a married man. He put that out there up front to see how you would continue to respond to him. As women, you know we never want to put others in an uncomfortable position, so you probably just continued to chat and ignore the small things. He probably thinks he's just wearing you down and you're with getting down.

I'd just tell him up front that he's married and you're not interested.

*sighs & lights up anotha newport one hunnit*

see, das dat bu'shyt. he sound like he's young and bored at home, which is not ur problem. see, das how they do. as soon as wifey drops that load, and gets busy tryna keep house, baby, work, etc, he wants to go out n play. first of all he's tired and LATE. i'm mad that he asked can yall make out....they still askin dat dumb azzz question in 2009??? no, seriously.

Second, his game ain't even on point...he off dat ole okeydoke bull tryna get all up in ya head by feedin u those emails bout burnin calories by kissin...tell him he can burn even more by kissin yo entire azzz. then on top of that, he's giving you amunition by leaving a paper trail via e-mail. he stuck on stupid n broke down on dumb....chile...puleez

Tread lightly, because if you diss him too hard, he could try to switch it and report you for harassment to get you back.

1) He mentioned his marriage and child so you'd know not expect any sort of commitment or honorable intentions out of him(not because he's a stand up guy).
He's testing the waters to figure out if you'd be down to fool around under those circumstances.

2.) He's doing it in broad daylight at work because he is a slimy crapweasel looking to play hide the pickle with you.

3) Next time he sends you an email with interesting facts, you should reply with an email about the "Interesting facts of sexual harasment". :)

:grin:...
I agree with the bold 110%

I'm having a similar problem but it is getting better (over a year later :rolleyes:) I wish I had been clear right from the start but I was new and nervous and he was best buds with my boss, been there for over 20 years, head of the sexual harassment unit, etc, etc. :wallbash:

He started by coming up behind me and running his hand down my hair. I cringed and was shocked but missed my line :sad: He is married with children and grandchildren. Whenever he would get out of line and see my face he would immediately call his wife :ohwell: He kept bugging me to take pics of my and I refuse but he made a mistake and talked about the pic he had of me on his phone :nono: I asked to see it and it was obvious I did not pose for the pic because I am looking somewhere else and talking :nono: He swears I did. I made him delete it right there. I often see him playing with hs phone behind me and I am sure he has plenty of pics of my back and butt :wallbash: There is so much more but I don't want to take up your thread.

Key point, nip it in the bud now or it will be never ending :ohwell:

LMAO!!! You got me :lachen: Rolling here at work!!! As an update, it appears that he is shocked as hell that I didn't say yes. He thought it was a sure shot but hmmm:look:...NO. He is embarrassed and keeping his distance. :yep: This terminated quicker and easier than I imagined. I'm so happy, that I said " Unfortunately, No ".

*sighs & lights up anotha newport one hunnit*

see, das dat bu'shyt. he sound like he's young and bored at home, which is not ur problem. see, das how they do. as soon as wifey drops that load, and gets busy tryna keep house, baby, work, etc, he wants to go out n play. first of all he's tired and LATE. i'm mad that he asked can yall make out....they still askin dat dumb azzz question in 2009??? no, seriously.

Second, his game ain't even on point...he off dat ole okeydoke bull tryna get all up in ya head by feedin u those emails bout burnin calories by kissin...tell him he can burn even more by kissin yo entire azzz. then on top of that, he's giving you amunition by leaving a paper trail via e-mail. he stuck on stupid n broke down on dumb....chile...puleez

Girl , he is not young... He was born at least, born in 1969...If not earlier.:nono:

I agree... that's inappropriate behavior and borderline harassment. If he gets a warning first and continues then he should get reported. If he backs off, then his intentions would likely be in line with what someone else said: he's bored, looking for a cheap thrill.

OP: Stay alert

I would report him to HR.

Despicable bum. Sad fact is while you're a lady many women will jump at the opportunity. Office affairs are so common and he sure is recruiting.

Today( at work!!!!), he came to see me at my desk. We small talked as usual( How u doing, nice day, lots clients, good sales/bad sales). Then Out of the blue.... he asked me if I wanted to make out with him.

Girl , he is not young... He was born at least, born in 1969...If not earlier.:nono:

Good lord. Reading the above, I thought it was some young dude. He seems pretty lame.

Whatever you do, save those emails........

I'm having a similar problem but it is getting better (over a year later :rolleyes:) I wish I had been clear right from the start but I was new and nervous and he was best buds with my boss, been there for over 20 years, head of the sexual harassment unit, etc, etc. :wallbash:

He started by coming up behind me and running his hand down my hair. I cringed and was shocked but missed my line :sad: He is married with children and grandchildren. Whenever he would get out of line and see my face he would immediately call his wife :ohwell: He kept bugging me to take pics of my and I refuse but he made a mistake and talked about the pic he had of me on his phone :nono: I asked to see it and it was obvious I did not pose for the pic because I am looking somewhere else and talking :nono: He swears I did. I made him delete it right there. I often see him playing with hs phone behind me and I am sure he has plenty of pics of my back and butt :wallbash: There is so much more but I don't want to take up your thread.

Key point, nip it in the bud now or it will be never ending :ohwell:

Sorry you have to go through this BS with your boss. Is he black or white? I am curious.

Back