Why do men ask for

scarcity21

Your Instagram instead of your number when you meet? Just curious because it happened with 2 guys within the past 2 weeks...do they just want to add to their followers list or what?

That's the first I am hearing of it....kinda weird. Maybe they feel you will be more open to give them your instagram than your number, makes it less likely for them to be shut down. Who knows

They're not asking for the number yet,because they're not super interested yet.

They ask for the Instagram so that they can check you out, no pressure.... Really see what you look like in multiple states... And if they like what they see, THEN They may hit you up on IG...

They're not asking for the number yet,because they're not super interested yet. They ask for the Instagram so that they can check you out, no pressure.... Really see what you look like in multiple states... And if they like what they see, THEN They may hit you up on IG...

Makes sense...I just didn't know what to think of it

...That they are little boys. :ohwell:
^^THIS... :perplexed

I don't trust any man who wants to hit me up on social media before at least having my number.... :nono:

I have never had a real successful relationship start off from Social Media. I'm sorry OP... :nono:

Usually when a guy is INTERESTED in me (REALLY interested), and wants to keep in touch w/me, he will ask for my number. That little fact has not changed in all of the years I have known men.

Wow, I don't know if I'm comforted by the fact that someone else has noticed that men ask for your IG or if I should be alarmed that it's becoming the thing men ask for now. Who are we kidding. Both.

I'd give him my IG. When he gets there, he'd find NOTHING. LOL. I'd like to see his face looking for pictures.

there was a guy who asked me for my IG (which doesn't exist) back when i was online dating. When i told him i didn't have one he stopped contacting me. like i told him i only had 1 leg or something

When dudes use social media to court women they make it easier to be cancelled out! Through my frustration at how men are even more passive and half assed with dating through texting and social media; I didn't realize that social media/cell phones would expose the lazy males to avoid. I have found it easier to avoid this type of guy.
Got one now, claiming he wants to go out by texting, yet he has not called. I have to admit he could just be sensing I am not interested. And he would be right.

I want a more assertive male who lets me know in no uncertain terms that its me he wants and wants now through calling and actually planning dates with me through voice interaction.

I will not give a man who I do not personally know a link to my social media accounts or my last name.

I'd more easily give out insta than my number. I used to just give a number from an app but 1 I could never remember it correctly and 2 dudes would be trying to call when I said text me and getting mad when they realized I didn't give them my actual number
Also, with a personal number you can find out a host of other info from a simple Google search like my address, full name, business accounts etc

Last edited:
When dudes use social media to court women they make it easier to be cancelled out! Through my frustration at how men are even more passive and half assed with dating through texting and social media; I didn't realize that social media/cell phones would expose the lazy males to avoid. I have found it easier to avoid this type of guy.
Got one now, claiming he wants to go out by texting, yet he has not called. I have to admit he could just be sensing I am not interested. And he would be right.

I want a more assertive male who lets me know in no uncertain terms that its me he wants and wants now through calling and actually planning dates with me through voice interaction.

CurlyMoo

THANK YOU!! :amen: :clap:

You and I are like HERE >.<

I am getting sick and tired of the laziness these days... :nono: If you're interested, be a man and DO something about it. :yep:

@CurlyMoo

THANK YOU!! :amen: :clap:

You and I are like HERE >.<

I am getting sick and tired of the laziness these days... :nono: If you're interested, be a man and DO something about it. :yep:

YES! And they are using social media to justify their laziness. These are the same dudes who were slacking in relationships before the popularity of social media and texting.

I uses to be so frustrated but now I realize that it's made it so easy to predict who the fool will be. I love how I deal with them now. :yep:

These fools have the nerve to text me, "Did u forget about me?" :look: Yes!

Assertive and straight forward men are my weakness. I love knowing where I stand. And it is so sexy.:lick:

Last edited:
YES! And they are using social media to justify their laziness. These are the same dudes who were slacking in relationships before the popularity of social media and texting.

I uses to be so frustrated but now I realize that it's made it so easy to predict who the fool will be. I love how I deal with them now. :yep:

These fools have the nerve to text me, "Did u forget about me?" :look: Yes!

Assertive and straight forward men are my weakness. I love knowing where I stand. And it is so sexy.
:lick:

:werd:

Back in my early and mid 20's maybe I could afford to engage in the types of games these lazy guys play....:rolleyes: ...and boy did I get caught up in some games!!! :spinning: :nono: But now days...Idk if it's because I'm just older, wiser, or just not putting up with anyone's crap anymore lol, but I really have low tolerance and patience these days for lazy guys. :nono2:

I can even tell now days whether or not I would even consider a guy as a potential future husband later on down the line just based on the way he comes at me or approaches me when we first meet. It's amazing!

The sad thing is, SOME men have probably ALWAYS been somewhat on the lazy side, but what is really bad is that lately these days it's the WOMEN (and social media :rolleyes:) that have made these lazy men even LAZIER!! :wallbash: Now days women practically throw themselves at guys....to the point where even the guys who were once NOT lazy are starting to relax and adopt the ways of their lazy brethren because they see that they don't have to do any "work" anymore! It really is sad.... :nono:

Women really need to regain back their sense of respect, dignity, and femininity. :ohwell:

I've never heard of this but I'd presume they don't want to invest time in getting to know you. Instead they want to check out your Instagram photos of you in different states instead of actually waiting until summer to see how you look without layers of winter clothes.

I would think they are just perusing multiple women online to see which one is the freak-a-leek. :look: Prolly while their GF/wife in the other room looking after the kids.

Back