Why do AA Aveda saleswomen always attempt to discourage me from buying products?

When I went the other day to try out the Brilliant Damage Control spray the lady tried to encourage me to by the serum. I glanced at the ingredients and saw a ton of cones. I told her I can't use cones...they make my hair feel funny and coated, she said they're all plant based. I just said a quick no thank you and kept it moving.

BTW: The tea is AWESOME!!! I love it...you don't need to add sweetener!:yep:

The yt girls at the Aveda salon at a mall that I went to looked at me like "what is SHE doing here? she know she can't afford it so I'll wait for her to leave." They walked away...I literally had to "elevate" my voice to get some attention. :naughty: I did end up purchasing my beloved Aveda DR poo' and conditioner but it wasn't a pleasant experience. :nono: Hopefully my experience will be better when I go to the Center City Aveda Store. :ohwell:

You should report her. I mean she tried to kill a sell out of what spite??

Why is she policing your purchase? She must not work on commission.
I would have asked for the manager right then and there and told on her. If she was the maanger I'd call the corporate office. That kind of behavior is completely unecessary.

Go and don't ask for help!! :hide:Grab & go!!!:curtain::badgirl::yep:

Amen!!!! I Rarely let the sales people talk me too much anywhere because I know what i want and I don't want them to try and push 40 other things on me.

I too would talk to a manager. The sales people are there to help you, not make you buy what THEY feel you should buy. That's ridiculous! I have NEVER had an Aveda rep tell me I shouldn't buy something and if I did I would check them right then and there. It's your money you can buy whatever you want. I have never had a problem @ Aveda...they are always so nice and helpful, but not overbearing. I'm sorry some of you aren't getting the same treatment :(

I have had that kind of experience in the south, and in California,when I visit. Up here in DC, that kind of thing very rarely happens to me. If I were you, I would go right back to that store and purchase the products you wanted. If they don't work, I would return them to another store:lachen:. I always look up products and read ingredients before I buy, because I hate the full court pressure sales tactics. A lot of people will tell you wrong out of ignorance or spite. I notice a lot of salespeople get frustrated when you look at the ingredient label. Aveda works on natural and relaxed hair, it just depends on your hair type and needs. Go in there and stick to your agenda, and tell them to back up off you.:whip:

Yep I was safe until she noticed I was browsing for so long. (It's hard not to want to learn about everthing in there, lol). I will probably go to whatever is close at the time salon/spa/store and just politely (as much as they allow me to be) decline their help :p

I go to the one in Town Center Mall, they are great!! They even offered me a part time job.:lol:

Well, you know your hair much better than she does. You should purchase what you want. If you're not satisfied with it, you can always take it back. I don't let sales people tell me what my hair needs.

Aveda was bought out by Estee Lauder in 1998. Prior to that, I found that Aveda did absolutely nothing for my 3C hair. When I saw that people here were raving about the DR line, I was skeptical, but decided to give it a try and have say that I really like what Aveda is doing now. Perhaps that's where that mentality is coming from?

I've yet to receive good advice from any salesperson from any product line, they just don't know what to do with AA hair. Heck, I get a blank stare when I mention 'cones. That's why I love these boards.

Back