Why can't "we find a man"

blackbarbietea

I think many women are unmarried and childless because of many different and sometimes unique reasons. However, there are some very universal reasons as to why some of us are single and can't find a man. I'm not saying everyone is like this. But there may be at least one thing you can grab from this.

1. Because they refuse to be open to other races. Which is a huge mistake. By opening yourself up to other races, you'll see that getting a man is so much more possible. You'll see opportunities where before you didn't see any. I love black men. LOVE THEM. But they aren't the only ones on the planet.

2. Because our expectations are wayyy too high. You only want a black man. But you turn 50% of them away because they're too short or not looking like denzel or something. Don't say this isn't true because I'm guilty of it. And I have many female aquaintances and friends that had discussions about doing the same thing online and in person. Nothing wrong with having expectations and standards. But are some of your expectations limiting the dating pool available to you?

3. A lot of us stay at home and expect God to give us the best man in the world. However, the best man in the world isn't at home. So you should be out and about doing fun things. Being seen. That way he can actually see you and the the opportunity to approach you. Not to say you need to be at the club. Jjust open yourself to new experiences. Go to the symphony orchestra. Go to the ballet. Hit up the singles events in your city and get involved in something. The men you want and feel you deserve are there. Not at the club getting drunk and taking home girls. Also your enviroment says a lot about you. Where do you live? Who do you hang out with? Where do you go for fun? Evaluate your enviroments and see what they say about you? If what it says seems not like you at all, then change it.

4. Don't be afraid to approach him first! Seriously. Do it. Most of the time you won't regret it. Not saying to come on strong but there's a beautiful balance between approaching and then leting him take control from there, and approaching and carrying the whole thing.

That's all I got for now. Lol.

Sent from my Droid using Droid

Wait What/Who/When/Why?! Did you just want to start a thread... Lol, no seriously real random...

I do agree with some of what said, but like where did it come from... :lol:

3. A lot of us stay at home and expect God to give us the best man in the world. However, the best man in the world isn't at home. So you should be out and about doing fun things. Being seen. That way he can actually see you and the the opportunity to approach you. Not to say you need to be at the club. Jjust open yourself to new experiences. Go to the symphony orchestra. Go to the ballet. Hit up the singles events in your city and get involved in something. The men you want and feel you deserve are there.

Um, no they're not :look: The only men I see at theater events are either with their boo or working the valet or concession stands :lachen:

Sorry, just had to toss that out there. But otherwise I think what you're saying makes sense.

I ditto Etherealsmile ,

Anyway, just going out, being yourself, and doing what you like to do should be enough.

OP, What if you go to the Orchestra or Ballet beacuse you think you can meet a man there...but you aren't really interested in that type of stuff. You meet a good man there. But now you're stuck with a man who loves the Orchestra and Ballet. But you HATE it. Now what? Now there's a new problem....

This is a random topic for the forum but I've been getting a lot of friends talking about this lately. So I decided to put my thoughts down. Some women aren't "hard pressed" to get a man. But some are. I said going to the orchestra and ballet because those things that I like to do. Just an example not to be taken literally. Basically, I'm saying put yourself in the crowd and enviroment condusive to the type of man that you want. And I have no problems "getting a man" so don't take it as I'm saying everyone is. This is moreso advice for people that need it.

Sent from my Droid using Droid

How does one open themselves up to other races? I hear people say this but provide NO road map for those that want to do this?

How does one open themselves up to other races? I hear people say this but provide NO road map for those that want to do this?

As someone who has made a conscious switch to dating interracially, there have definitely been some tricks to the trade that I've had to pick up. I've wanted to make a post about this for a long time but I fear it will be poorly received.

As someone who has made a conscious switch to dating interracially, there have definitely been some tricks to the trade that I've had to pick up. I've wanted to make a post about this for a long time but I fear it will be poorly received.

mischka...share...

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

PM me. :look:

I think this is a post we should have and discuss and I wanna open the discussion, but y'all gotta promise to not e-beat me up and come protect me if I do :look: :lol:

Please share for those that want to know.

Hell, they may be lurking but you know they will be reading.

I'm not into dating outside of my race but I have no problem with women who do and I don't mind facilitating any conversation or topics that will assist women who want to date interacially.

I'll bite.

1). I'm open to other races, but how many of them in my age group are open to dating black women? Online, they check everything but black, and in real life, they are afraid to approach, so being open to them isn't getting me far. lol

2). I'm short. I'm willing to date someone at least around 5'6. I keep myself in shape, so yes, I have some expectations, and won't be dating no Rick Ross. He doesn't have to be a Denzel, but he must be decent looking and keeps himself in shape at least. I'm asking for the same things I bring to the table as well, so not apologizing for that.

3). I go out to these events, an most of the men are either taken or just look and are again too afraid to speak/ask women out.

4). Not sure how I feel about this. Most women find men by having the men approach them first....

Anything else you got? :lachen:

lushcoils others approach different than black men...thats what I heard at least. I think we have to learn their approaches.

@lushcoils others approach different than black men...thats what I heard at least. I think we have to learn their approaches.

You are absolutely correct.....I guess we are so used to the black man's approach that we don't know when we are being approached by other races.

I almost feel like Black women has to somehow make it known that she IS interested before they will approach her; I feel like they are open to it but they too are afraid of being rejected since it appears that Black women favors their black men over anyother race.

I have dated and married interrracially before, and in most if not all instances, these were men currently in or on the edges of my social circles.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@lushcoils others approach different than black men...thats what I heard at least. I think we have to learn their approaches.

Lol, I'm aware of that. They are more subtle about it and tend to ask you random questions. But I'm not noticing them do that either IME, just mostly staring every now and then.

Now when has that stopped you?! Go for it folks are asking!

I'll bite.

1). I'm open to other races, but how many of them in my age group are open to dating black women? Online, they check everything but black, and in real life, they are afraid to approach, so being open to them isn't getting me far. lol

2). I'm short. I'm willing to date someone at least around 5'6. I keep myself in shape, so yes, I have some expectations, and won't be dating no Rick Ross. He doesn't have to be a Denzel, but he must be decent looking and keeps himself in shape at least. I'm asking for the same things I bring to the table as well, so not apologizing for that.

3). I go out to these events, an most of the men are either taken or just look and are again too afraid to speak/ask women out.

4). Not sure how I feel about this. Most women find men by having the men approach them first....

Anything else you got? :lachen:

i feel exactly the same way. i hate when they say oh your expectations are too high. i only want him to be taller than me considering im 5'2 and not be a gremlin lol atleast look okay. #4, i hate when advice columns say that. most often than not it does not work out long term. there are a few instances where someone can say at their wedding toast xyz, but more oft than not no. i've been there done that b/c friends have given me that same advice. i will never do it again. there is a reason he didnt approach, rather its b/c he has a girlfriend, has an almost girlfriend, has a fiance, or whatever the case may be.... ok. rant over. :spinning::lachen:

Back