• I LOVE long hair!

Votes: 485 47.0%
  • I look best with Long Hair.

Votes: 264 25.6%
  • I really don't know.

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need long hair because I have fine hair and at my length, it doesn't have enough oomph... Most importantly, I can't do a lot of styles since they end up looking trifling and wimpy.

I don't think I'll flat iron and swing it around when I get to BSL/MBL. I love the idea of it, but man am I lazy :yep:. Just the mere thought of me doing all of that work for straight hair makes me want to take a nap.

Last edited:
A family member of mine told her 6 year old daughter (who wants long hair) that everyone just doesn't have the type of hair that can grow long. :nono:

Another family has also mentioned on several occassions that we just don't have that "good" hair that grows long.

Now, I do understand that genetics can play a role in terminal length and that for some people its going to be MUCH harder to acheive than others, but I think everyone can at least get to BSL if they really try hard enough.

That said, the main reason is to prove my family wrong and especially to show that little girl that anyone can grow their hair long if they want to.

Also, have never had long hair before, just want to see how it looks on me and have the option to pull my hair back in a ponytail or bun.

Well I love Long hair, i have always wanted it, i have alwas had short hair and when i did get it a bit long i was thats it i want hip bone length hair, and i will get there- someday!!?!?!?!

I've always been obsessed with having long hair but I didnt think I could ever achieve the length I wanted.

Now that I've learned how to take care of my hair and it's the longest it's ever been in my life, I cant stop wont stop *crip walks*

I couldn't pick two...but I not only love long hair, and the things you can do with it..but I also prefer the way it looks on me as opposed to short.

Short hair is my first love. I've been cutting my hair since my early teens.. I've had every short style possible. I've never let my hair grow past a chin length bob. I still LOVE short hair but now that I'm natural and getting a bit older I want a different look. Short hair looks great on me but I'm sure that longer hair will look just as good. I'm interested in seeing what my hair will look like once it gets shoulder length and beyond.

THIS! We share the same sentiments:grin:! I cannot lie, I LOVE a fly short cut:lick:. I just didn't like the process of relaxing often and I couldn't afford to be in the shops so much:nono:. I am very interested to see how long I can grow my hair and only hope it looks really good on me.

I've always found long hair to be really feminine and beautiful. Now I know I can achieve the great lengths I've always admired on others. I also love the versatility of long hair.

I'm growing it long because I've always wanted long hair. I've never had super long hair so I wanted to at least see if I could achieve it without weaves. I also think long healthy hair is beautiful.

I always love long hair, never had long hair. I have always had thick hair. I have thick 4b hair and would love to have long, thick hair. I did not realize 4b ladies could have long hair until this board. To be honest; I do not remember how I found this board; I know it had to have been through a search. I had a problem with a relaxer; got braids and stumble on to LHCF and decided to wear braids so my hair would get healthy and grow. Apologize for the long story.

'Cause I can. =)

And because I just love the look of natural hair and want to see more and more of it on my head. But, I get a lot of shrinkage which isn't inherently a bad thing but I like having a bit of length. So when my hair gets longer, I wont have to wait for second day - third day hair to see some length.

Why are you growing your hair long?

so i can wear a bun.. take it down slowly...and shake it in peoples faces similar to the adverts:look::yep:

Because I have fine hair and short hair doesn't flatter me as much. The longer it grows, the more it thickens up I want to prove that I can, and I don't want to wear anything false on my wedding day ( other than eyelashes bc I can't do anything about that ) I can do more with long hair and I have an extremely exotic look the longer my natural hair gets. I love playing with it and as a cosmetologist, I cannot for the life of me, feel confident informing someone how to grow their hair to great lengths if I myself cannot do it with my own....

Back