Whose your "growth shot" photographer?

crlsweetie912

Some of us are pro's at taking pictures from all angles. But not me, my "growth shot" photographer is my 11 year old son. Whenever I go into the bathroom to do my hair he is like "mom, can I get the camera?". He thinks it's fun. Plus he learns how to use the digi! He takes most of my pictures for me, especially my length shots.

Who is your personal photographer?

my husband and my 14 year old son. I prefer my son because he's better, but he's impatient. My husband has to take about 10 to get 1 right. :lol:

MzTami said:
my husband and my 14 year old son. I prefer my son because he's better, but he's impatient. My husband has to take about 10 to get 1 right. :lol:

U gotta take him through the LHCF digi photography 101 class "how to show off your hair" and show him the ropes!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

crlsweetie912 said:
U gotta take him through the LHCF digi photography 101 class "how to show off your hair" and show him the ropes!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
gurl I know, I try to show him and he still gets it wrong. I say, "take only my hair." He takes half of my hair, my whole face, the ceiling, the clothes, or whatever else is in the way. :lachen: :lachen:

crlsweetie912 said:

:lol: We need to have a class and counseling for those supporters of us LHCF members.

Classes could include:

Digi photography 101: How to take a clear picture and capture her hair length
LHCF Widowers: How to cope when your sweetie is lost on LHCF
LHCF Lingo: Tired of pretending you know what Co-Wash, MTG and TWA mean? This class is for you!
Challenge supporter: How to support your LHCFer in her challenge efforts.
PJ supporter: How to support your LHCFer in her quest to curb PJism.
Trimming: How to help you LHCFer find split ends and trim.

For those that aren't supportive:
Show Your Support! (also known as Stop Hatin!): Includes a slideshow presentation of women who have successfully reached their goals. May include slides of their hater's hair.

CandiceC said:
:lol: We need to have a class and counseling for those supporters of us LHCF members.

Classes could include:

LHCF Lingo: Tired of pretending you know what Co-Wash, MTG and TWA mean? This class is for you!

Show Your Support! (also known as Stop Hatin!): Includes a slideshow presentation of women who have successfully reached their goals. May include slides of their hater's hair.

LOLOLOL :lol:

I take my own pics. BUT, yesterday I had my daughter take two pics of my hair. They came out pretty good. She is three years old.

I'm serious.

I discovered she could do this when we were in Israel. She had been asking if she could take pictures because she sees my husband and me taking them. She always wants to do whatever we do. At first I kept saying no. But then one day we were at a restaurant and she asked again, so I said, "Okay, you can take ONE picture." So she picked up the camera, told me to smile and clicked the button. It's a digital camera so I looked at the picture and I was actually in it...and I was in the center of the photograph! I then had her take two pictures of me and my husband and she did those well too! So yesterday, I thought...hmmm, maybe she could take a hair pictures or two. So I called her in and she did. She was very happy, too.

I put my camera on my dresser and put it on auto flash. I am too private and dont want to show my hair to anyone in my household or the world yet. I asked my mom to do it once and she kept pulling on my hair asking if it was mine or my clip in extensions. I quit asking her after that.

*Shout out to my son, Vidal!! He is my hair supporter and loves to be behind the camera. He's 8 and has been taking pictures since he was 4 (very well, I might add! :D )

MissFallon said:
I put my camera on my dresser and put it on auto flash. I am too private and dont want to show my hair to anyone in my household or the world yet. I asked my mom to do it once and she kept pulling on my hair asking if it was mine or my clip in extensions. I quit asking her after that.

Wow, your mom didn't think your hair was real?? Your hair is gorgeous and inspirational to me. The way it has thickened up and grown so fast is very encouraging. I would be showing off my hair if I was you. You've had great progress!!

I don't do length shots...but my husband took one a few weeks ago just to see. He did a pretty good job too! I asked him how he knew what to do. He said he's seen so many on here from me being on here so much he already knew what it was supposed to look like!:grin:

Last edited:
My husband, although I do most of the shots myself because he thinks we are obsessed with our hair....:lol: I need to learn how to work the automatic timer on my digi.

MzTami said:
gurl I know, I try to show him and he still gets it wrong. I say, "take only my hair." He takes half of my hair, my whole face, the ceiling, the clothes, or whatever else is in the way. :lachen: :lachen:

Too funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:

my bf, I always try to get him to take multiple shots and he always argue that he has already got it. I need a tripod so I can leave him alone..lol!

crlsweetie912 said:

Is there a real class like that?? Please tell me yeah.

CandiceC said:

Classes could include:

:lachen: :lachen: Girl!!! You're too much! ;)

I am my own photographer. I live alone and I just use my camera phone. If I had someone else take them , they would have to be real close to me. I got to much NG and I am too far post to be putting my roots on blast like that :D. Still protective styling with the 3/4 wig so I can almost get away with it. These roots are getting kinda off the chain though...I thought the mango butter would hold me down until eternity....but it may have reached its breaking point...oh how I go astray....sorry :look:

Back