Night & Day: DRASTIC Hair Changes (Not your ordinary comparison shots!)

I put this in my profile but I never saw this thread so I'll just jump right in, lol

6f1tva.jpg
March 2009

29v066b.jpg
August 2009

If they are huge I'm so sorry!

ETA: Fixed it, lol

Last edited:
Bump...Bump.. Your hair looks really similar to mine. I don't really have any dramatic changes. After 13 months of transitioning - my hair is only a few inches longer than when I first started (due to shedding). But I'm doing a twist out tonight and will share those photos. What products do you use? Assuming that you are rocking a twist out in the second photo?
I thought it would be cool for everyone to share pictures of your hair from one extreme to another, whether it be style (some of us have come a loooong way, lol) color, length (doesn't have to be short to long, can be the other way around), health, texture, etc. just two shots that are COMPLETELY and DRASTICALLY different from the other. It just shows how versitile our hair is, and how NOTHING is permenant. We can make changes, make progress, and none of these drastic differences in our hair over time could happen if our hair DID NOT GROW, right? More motivation!!!!

Here are mine:

6Ikindamissthecut-vi.jpg

July 2006
IMG_3781-vi.jpg

PLEASE share yours :) I can't wait to see them!!!

ETA: The whole point of this is that I remember CLEARLY when I cut my hair that short simply for "change" thinking "how in the hell am I going to grow this out???" At the time, I thought it would be impossible, or would take a lifetime. Sure, it's been 5 years, with other hair styles, cuts, and changes in between. I know a lot of women get discouraged about the "time" it takes to grow hair out and thinks it will take "forever". The time flies. It's possible ;) And I think it's good to "show" that it is possible, especially for the newcomers.

Bump...Bump.. Your hair looks really similar to mine. I don't really have any dramatic changes. After 13 months of transitioning - my hair is only a few inches longer than when I first started (due to shedding). But I'm doing a twist out tonight and will share those photos. What products do you use? Assuming that you are rocking a twist out in the second photo?

Hey there,
I see this thread is still going!

The second photo is just my hair washed and styled with Fantasia IC Gel over a leave in and dried with a diffuser.

Hmm well here's my story. It took me a very long time to sort out my damaged hair, and I wasn't really consistent until January 09.

Timeline: December 08, March 09, (last three) December 09

Attachments

• DSC32-vi-1.jpg
    DSC32-vi-1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 27032009147-vi.jpg
    27032009147-vi.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 151220092600-vi.jpg
    151220092600-vi.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 291220092787-vi-1.jpg
    291220092787-vi-1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 291220092786-vi.jpg
    291220092786-vi.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hmm well here's my story. It took me a very long time to sort out my damaged hair, and I wasn't really consistent until January 09.

Timeline: December 08, March 09, (last three) December 09

Cream Tee, your hair is really growing in quite nicely! :yep: Looks great.

I thought it would be cool for everyone to share pictures of your hair from one extreme to another, whether it be style (some of us have come a loooong way, lol) color, length (doesn't have to be short to long, can be the other way around), health, texture, etc. just two shots that are COMPLETELY and DRASTICALLY different from the other. It just shows how versitile our hair is, and how NOTHING is permenant. We can make changes, make progress, and none of these drastic differences in our hair over time could happen if our hair DID NOT GROW, right? More motivation!!!!

Here are mine:

6Ikindamissthecut-vi.jpg

July 2006
IMG_3802-vi.jpg

PLEASE share yours :) I can't wait to see them!!!

ETA: The whole point of this is that I remember CLEARLY when I cut my hair that short simply for "change" thinking "how in the hell am I going to grow this out???" At the time, I thought it would be impossible, or would take a lifetime. Sure, it's been 5 years, with other hair styles, cuts, and changes in between. I know a lot of women get discouraged about the "time" it takes to grow hair out and thinks it will take "forever". The time flies. It's possible ;) And I think it's good to "show" that it is possible, especially for the newcomers.

October 2010

20101017_163727_185-vi.jpg

Oh wow, I remember starting this thread!

Well I guess it's time for me to update myself. Unfortunately, I still haven't replaced a camera so the most recent pic I have to share is October 2010. 2010 was the first year since going natural that I hadn't had a "major" hair cut.

Here goes!!!
Short hair pic is from 03/2007. Long hair pic is from 12/2010. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• 12-2010.jpg
    12-2010.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 03-2007.JPG
    03-2007.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 70
Thanks ladies! But where the rest of ya'll at?!?!? I know I'm not the only one whose changed their hair drastically over the years, whether by choice or for hair health reasons. I wanna see!!!!!

I wanna see some green mohawks turned to soft shoulder length curls, lol. The more drastic, the better!

i'm not sure if i posted in this thread...My full story is on my site but in short...my hair has NEVER grown past NL....NEVER!!!!!!!!
In 2007 I was fed up with my hair not growing :pullhair:and decided to cut it all off. It was something I had to get used to but when I got so many compliments I thought...short is the way to go. In Dec 2008, I asked a co-worker of mine how she got her hair to be so shiny and she mentioned that she co-washed...I asked "What's co-wash?" and that's when she put me on to LHCF. During my lunch break I logged onto the site and was hooked :user:! I saw so many black women with LONG HAIR and my mouth dropped:shocked:. I stayed on that site for hours trying to absorb as much information as possible. After seeing that black hair can grow I was on a mission to see how long I can grow mine.

It's been 2 years since I logged on and my hair is the longest and healthiest it's been my whole life! It actually brings tears to my eyes to see how far I've come.

June 2007
june07withtag.jpg

Dec 2008 - Start of Hair Journey
DSC00830-vi.jpg

March 2009
DSC00989-vi.jpg

June 2009
JuneGrowth-vi.jpg

Oct 2009
OctoberGrowth-vi.jpg

Jan 2010
jan3-vi.png

April 2010
blogupdate-vi.png

Aug 2010
hairaug2010copy-vi.jpg

Dec 2010
decrelaxedwet-vi.jpg

decfullcopy-vi.jpg

side random note...i took accutane back in October 2009 and was able to clear up my skin...(don't act like you didn't peep the pimples on my back...and i photoshopped my back in the Jan 09 pic :lachen:)

Last edited:
Wow these pics are all so beautiful. I will post mine later today:)

UPDATE
Short hair was Stretched August 2008 (pre LHCF)
Longer hair was Stretched December 2010

Attachments

• IMG00014.jpg
    IMG00014.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6964.jpg
    IMG_6964.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
The beginning of my journey. Hair was a dry mess- breaking. I was so sick and tired of having no hair. I heard a commerical for Cathy Howse, brought her book and decided to test her statement that Black women CAN have long hair:
picture.php

Two years later...I don't have long hair yet, but I have made progress that I am very proud of:
picture.php

I have only begun to grow. When I can go to the park with a date as cute as Chase Crawford and wear my hair like this:
picture.php

That's when my hair goals will have been acheived....then I will come back on here and create a thread about it!! :)

Ok here goes

I had just abt reached APL september 2009
100_1628-1.jpg

decided I wanted to be natural november 2009
PB190138-2.jpg

coloured july 2010
froside.jpg

blowout 2011, Ive gradually cut off the colour so Im back to Black
blowoutjune2011.jpg

I've posted some of these pics before, but here is me the day after my BC Jan 2010.

100_2094vi1-vi.jpg

14 months, some bleach and a rinse later...

DSCN7717.jpg

here I am at 18 months..

DSCN8133.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine -- February 2011 - February 2012!!:yep::yep:

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 49
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 44
i'm not sure if i posted in this thread...My full story is on my site but in short...my hair has NEVER grown past NL....NEVER!!!!!!!!
In 2007 I was fed up with my hair not growing :pullhair:and decided to cut it all off. It was something I had to get used to but when I got so many compliments I thought...short is the way to go. In Dec 2008, I asked a co-worker of mine how she got her hair to be so shiny and she mentioned that she co-washed...I asked "What's co-wash?" and that's when she put me on to LHCF. During my lunch break I logged onto the site and was hooked :user:! I saw so many black women with LONG HAIR and my mouth dropped:shocked:. I stayed on that site for hours trying to absorb as much information as possible. After seeing that black hair can grow I was on a mission to see how long I can grow mine.

It's been 2 years since I logged on and my hair is the longest and healthiest it's been my whole life! It actually brings tears to my eyes to see how far I've come.

June 2007
june07withtag.jpg

Dec 2008 - Start of Hair Journey
DSC00830-vi.jpg

March 2009
DSC00989-vi.jpg

June 2009
JuneGrowth-vi.jpg

Oct 2009
OctoberGrowth-vi.jpg

Jan 2010
jan3-vi.png

April 2010
blogupdate-vi.png

Aug 2010
hairaug2010copy-vi.jpg

Dec 2010
decrelaxedwet-vi.jpg

decfullcopy-vi.jpg

side random note...i took accutane back in October 2009 and was able to clear up my skin...(don't act like you didn't peep the pimples on my back...and i photoshopped my back in the Jan 09 pic :lachen:)

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! :yep:

Back