Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain, please!)

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Hi ladies! :wave:

I have a question for you guys....which Disney princess had the best hair?

I was just sitting on the shuttle bus to my classes, and an entire section of us definitely got into it about which Disney princess had the best hair. It started with one of my friends telling me that bun looked like Aunt Jemima. :rolleyes:
So I informed him that my Aunt Jemima bun would give me Princess Jasmine hair, to which he responded that my hair couldn't grow that long because I'm not Indian. (I'm not sweating that part. I just plan on slapping him across the face with my HL hair at graduation. And it was a dumb thing to say, because Princess Jasmine is Arabic.) Moving right along, a person sitting in the row across from us turned around and said that Princess Jasmine's hair was not even all that, and that Pocahantas had the best hair out of everyone. (False). After that, everyone joined in.

So now I pose the question to you lovely ladies of LHCF: Which Disney princess had the best hair?

And if you have any stories about Disney princess hair, I'd love to hear them. I know I'm not the only one who would come up out the pool and do that hair flip from the Little Mermaid. :look:

And, I guess this is kind of a spinoff thread from exoticmommie's Long hair ladies, can I live vicariously through you? thread. At the end, Ariel came up and "Mz. Shug mentioned that her daughter likes to do the Ariel on the rocks with the waves crashing" pose. :lachen:

Princess Tiana! ASK about her!

maddy.jpg

tianaAP_38925t.jpg

Princess-Tiana-the-princess-and-the-frog-6613139-300-300.jpg

She's serious about protective styling just like you Chaos ;)

Last edited:
I haven't seen The Princess and the Frog yet, but as of right now I loooove Pocahantas' hair! She has that hair you can flip and slap the taste out of somebody's mouth LOL

I love Tianna's hair

Hoooowwwever..... this is not a disney character but my favourite animated person's hair was Sailor Moon I think it was ankle length or something lol.

Jasmine hands down. You wouldn't be able to tell me NUFFIN with thigh-length jet black uber-thick hair that swayed with my every move. girrrrrllllll

These hairstlyes didn't officially make it into the movie but I like them

Princess Tiana
2czdjc2.jpg

dd15w7.jpg

I also like Jasmine's hair. Can you tell I stan for thick hair? lol

Disney-Princess-Jasmine3.jpg

Last edited:
I need to see it myself lol

I hope when I have a daughter, she says princess Tiana is the most beautiful with the best hair:yep:

Not disney princesses, but I sure have gotten a lot of mileage from the Obama girls as far as my daughter is concerned. Every time I see those twists I smile and point them out to my 8 year old. I explain to her that she can have the best of both worlds with her hair.:grin: It's working because she loves the ENTIRE First Family.

^ Even better! Malia's twists stay fly and their press n curls are too cute its so nice to see them do so many natural styles:love2: Hair is so closely tied to identity and beauty for little black girls growing up, great job mama!:clapping:

Jasmine! I also loved Belle's hair!! Belle's hair was the business.

Haven't seen the princess and the frog yet so I haven't seen much of tiana's hair in action.

Princess Tiana! ASK about her!

maddy.jpg

tianaAP_38925t.jpg

Princess-Tiana-the-princess-and-the-frog-6613139-300-300.jpg

She's serious about protective styling just like you Chaos ;)

YEAH! Tiana rocks. I love that my girls can have her as a model. My DD1 had princess Tiana hair for Halloween:
IMGP2420.jpg

I love Pocahontas' braids - that's attainable for little black girls IMO.

and I stan for Jasmine's thick black mane.

Oooooooh, thats a hard one. It's between Tiana and Jasmine. Ariel had some beautiul hair too and so did Pochahiontas. When she's standing and the wind blows it across her face. LOVE that scene. I'm no help lol

I love Tianna's hair

Hoooowwwever..... this is not a disney character but my favourite animated person's hair was Sailor Moon I think it was ankle length or something lol.

Serena had some seriously loooooooooooong hair. I loved Rini's hair in her cute pink puffs or Rei's (Sailor Jupiter).

I'd say Jasmine, because it was waist-length. Actually, longer than that.
(You know we obsessed with the WPL) :lachen:

i like tianas and jasmines hair best...

... maybe tianas hair looks like jasmines(but shorter) when its flat ironned?? :yep:

I like Jaz's hair too!

I haven't seen 'Princess and the Frog' yet! I will have to watch the movie to get a close up inspection of the health of her hair. I need to see how healthy it really is before I can just saying "I like her her" just cause she is a Natural!

*looks*

ETA: OMG I forgot about Pochahiontas!! Yes the wind blowing through her hair on the clip was so beautiful!
Rapunzel had the longest but i bet she had a ton of split ends from people climbing up her hair! :nono:

Last edited:
Def Princess Tiana. I loved her hair with the hat in this scene--very stylish.
I thought the movie was just OK, kind of slow. But my girls really enjoyed it :grin:
Princess-Frog-streetcar-web.jpg

Forgot about Tiana.. I haven't seen that Disney movie yet..

I haven't seen it either. I will though! When it comes out on Netflix.

YEAH! Tiana rocks. I love that my girls can have her as a model. My DD1 had princess Tiana hair for Halloween:
IMGP2420.jpg

I love Pocahontas' braids - that's attainable for little black girls IMO.

and I stan for Jasmine's thick black mane.

I :love: your daughter's hair. It's so pretty!

Awwwwe!:love2: How adorable! Its so wonderful our little girls have a princess they can admire that looks like them:love3:

ITA.
I think its important that young black girls have both real life and cartoon models that they can look up to. As a kid, I loved Jasmine's, Ariel's and Pocahantas' hair and would pretend like I had hair like theirs, but come on son. I didn't have hair like theirs. I didn't have hair like any of the Disney princesses, and it kind of sucked. Because when we played Disney princesses at school, it was not fun, with all the other little Hispanic girls flinging their hair around and claiming to be Pocahantas or Jasmine. And then me...with my threaded hair...not flinging it around, because it didn't move...and with no real character to play. :nono:

And then to take it a step further, I think the Disney princesses provide little kids with the first ideas about what beauty is and what it means to be beautiful. So when you have all these other races represented (although Mulan came late too), it's like....okay, I'm black...and there's no representation for me....so...am I not beautiful?
I'm glad that they are finally including everyone in the Disney magic.

I like Jaz's hair too!

I haven't seen 'Princess and the Frog' yet! I will have to watch the movie to get a close up inspection of the health of her hair. I need to see how healthy it really is before I can just saying "I like her her" just cause she is a Natural!

*looks*

ETA: OMG I forgot about Pochahiontas!! Yes the wind blowing through her hair on the clip was so beautiful!
Rapunzel had the longest but i bet she had a ton of split ends from people climbing up her hair! :nono:

I'm mad that you plan on inspecting her head.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

As a kid, I loved Jasmine's, Ariel's and Pocahantas' hair and would pretend like I had hair like theirs, but come on son. I didn't have hair like theirs. I didn't have hair like any of the Disney princesses, and it kind of sucked. Because when we played Disney princesses at school, it was not fun, with all the other little Hispanic girls flinging their hair around and claiming to be Pocahantas or Jasmine. And then me...with my threaded hair...not flinging it around, because it didn't move...and with no real character to play. :nono:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

IA, love that they have an AA princess. But Tiana's hair texture doesn't look that much differently than Poca, Jasmine and the others. I wish they would have left here texture like some of the ealier versions (curlier/kinkier). :ohwell:

Back