Who's set to make BSL 08?

I'm in! :lol: Hopefully I'll be there! I'm a few inches from APL now. I really need to measure myself because I'm short waisted.... :look:

Last edited:
Dont think I'll be poppin my brastrap this year, either. I just had two trims within the last two months so thats about 3" that I hadnt really planned. :(

Puddles said:
[SIZE=+1] Me, me, me. :clapping:

I plan on being there by this time next year. I just cut the last of my damaged colored hair off a couple of days ago. So now I'm starting fresh.
[/SIZE]

Hey, I just did this too, 6 inches gone, so I'm in. I should have been there by next month, but I'm in starting over mode. I hoping for APL by November 07 and BSL by May 08. This feels like deja vu!:lol:

shunta said:
Dont think I'll be poppin my brastrap this year, either. I just had two trims within the last two months so thats about 3" that I hadnt really planned. :(

That's okay, you'll make it there in early 08- with healthier hair ;)
I got a couple inches trimmed of last month, I hated to do it but they had to go :ohwell: ....

OnAHairQuest said:
How come I got crunk when I read Let's get it lets get it:lachen:

My hair is going into braids after this last final. Hopefully that will help me get to my goal and help me get over my watching obsession

Girl, me too! :lachen:

Hopefully I will make it to BSL in 08. My hair is going thru some changes and I can't find that balance. Im just going to wash it daily and put it up. My motto is leaving it alone this summer. About 4-5 inches away from APL so I think next by August-Sep I will reach BSL

sareca said:
It was super simple. I used MS paint to add the lines and numbers. The hard part was making sure the tape measurer was straight. You have to sit on it a little. :wink2:

ETA: I knew my torso was short, but I didn't realized that I don't have a 'mid-back' (my original goal).

:lol: U and me both ..that chart is great i might have to make one like that :)

amr501 said:
So far we have:

ambitious1013
amr501
waterchlyde
kalayani
cutiebe2
puddles
nubianqt
bluwatersoul
tnorenberg
prettypuff1
GoingNatural
sunshyne krissy
sareca
WhipEffectz1
toyztoy
mw138
alwazalady22
vivacious1083
MissMadaam
OnAHairQuest
healthyhairin07
Iluvsmuhgrass
shunta
lavendar
Glamourous
Patiencevirtue

Just stay on top of those regimens ladies and we can all have swangin' BSL hair next year sometime! I'm so excited! :D
I'm going to stick with the LHCF bootcamp challenge to get there ( no heat, stretching relaxers 20 weeks, dc with every wash, baggying, moisturizing daily, protective styles, no trimming- just dusting). Good luck ladies! :)

ETA: I look forward to typing 'achieved' next to each name ;)

[SIZE=+1]I'm going to do the challenge as well. That will keep me on my toes about no heat. :yep:[/SIZE]

sareca said:
That probably means BSL is going to look like mid-back on us. :yay:

I kno das riiiight
00000441.gif

Ambitious1013 said:
Good idea Sareca!!! I am going to do a progress pic like that when I get my touch up. I haven't set my goal yet for BSL (I'm just trying to get to APL first :lol:) but I know that it will be some time in 2008. The picture will truly help me out with setting my goal down to the month.

If ya'll need help w/ your maps let me know. I only need a straight shot w/ the tape measurer at the nape (actually it can be from the hairline if you want). Make sure you're not at an angle (or only a slight one) and that your hold the tape measurer taut.

sareca said:
000_2004-vi.jpg

I made myself a little map today... I originally said Apr/May 2008 and I was dead on! I'm about 5.5 inches from BSL (that's 11 months ETA April 2008).

jumping0048.gif

Heyyyy!! I love your chart!! I need to make me one of those!!

:)

-----

I'm looking at BSL sometime around December 08. I placed APL at May 2007 and for some reason, I'm still not there :( I was a little too ambitious. But I can soo get BSL by December 2008. I'm in!

In the name of The Almighty, I claim that I will make full BSL in the '08! Right now, I'm striving for healthy, full hair. My hair is getting thicker and more dense but I need to work on health. It's still looking rather dull and lifeless, but my hair is definitely thickening up, thanks to JBCO and BT. I drink tons of water and use Porosity Control weekly. I think it'll take some time to see that progress.

By conservative estimates, I'm a several inches past shoulders and claiming to reach full APL by Christmas 2007. A few more inches after that, and I should reach full BSL by March or April of 2008. In sum, I'd be happy with healthier locks, even if I only make it to APL, but I'm praying for healthy, full BSL. ;)

Let's get it, ladies! :kiss:

*raises hand* :) I am aiming for Dec. 2008. Right now my longes layer in the back is about 3 inches from APL but past SL. My sides are SL and my front is chin length. I want ALL even APL by Summer 2008 and BSL by Dec.

I've heard once you get to APL it's not too hard to get to BSL (vs. SL to BSL)

Meeeeee lol.... I know I said hopefully by Dec 2007, but I think it would be more like 08. I will be in on the challenge, but I already started my personal challenge for now:grin:

That chart is a great idea. Next time I flat iron my hair I'll do this. My estimate in February was that from front to ends my hair was approx. 15 in long and APL is about 20 in and BSL is about 25 in. My torso is long. *smh*

I'm in... I think about as much as I can hope for here in '07 is full APL in the back and full shoulder length in the front... so my fingers are crossed!

Anytime in 08 is cool with me. I should be reaching APL soon but not THICK APL since the back is longer than the front.

amr501 said:
That's okay, you'll make it there in early 08- with healthier hair ;)
I got a couple inches trimmed of last month, I hated to do it but they had to go :ohwell: ....

Aww thank you so much. I dont even know why I let the stylist trim it that much in the last 2 months. I should know better. I guess I wanted to change it up. But its okay, though...I guess.:)

I'll bet your trim makes your hair look so much healthier and thick, though.:) A good trim is almost guaranteed to do that.

ETA: Wait a minute, I just looked at your siggy and your hair is beautiful! Looks thick, healthy, and shiny. Thats the important thing.

Last edited:
shunta said:
Aww thank you so much. I dont even know why I let the stylist trim it that much in the last 2 months. I should know better. I guess I wanted to change it up. But its okay, though...I guess.:)

I'll bet your trim makes your hair look so much healthier and thick, though.:) A good trim is almost guaranteed to do that.

ETA: Wait a minute, I just looked at your siggy and your hair is beautiful! Looks thick, healthy, and shiny. Thats the important thing.

Thank you! :)
I love blunt ends :yep:

I think I am going to join. I am not even full shoulder length but Keep Hope Alive, You never really know. I might make it I am claiming the end of the year of 2008. I am going to start taking my vitamins. I haven't in may months. I'll drink more water. If I make it I might just have a party. I am getting closer to Armpit but the front and sides are slow as molasses. I am going to come up with a better regiment. I'm excited. COUNT ME IN!!!

If I retain all my length then by April - May 08 I should be.

If I run into some damage and I need to cut...then maybe October - November 08.

Count Me In! I am finally starting to see some growth. I hope to make BSL by April 08 but I will probably trim my thin ends so I will give myself until the end of 08. :D

Back