who's protecting their nl?

DivaD04

what are some protective styles for neck lenth hair....my nape is neck length and my middle and front hairs are playing...i'll see you in another year...soooo, i was wondering what are ya'll doing to your nl hair????

tia

cool...thx...i was thinking about singles but i don't want to loose my edges...y'all know folks like to pull those puppies out:nono:
in the last month i got .25" of growth...how often is any one relaxing this fall/winter as well while protecting their nl as well?
i'm always open for more suggestions as well...:grin:

thx all

I am in braids right now and when not in braids I will be wiggin it! I am trying not to perm for a year so that will be Sept in the hopes of thickening it up.

I am using sew-ins to grow out my nl hair.

me too, girlie

cool...thx...i was thinking about singles but i don't want to loose my edges...y'all know folks like to pull those puppies out
in the last month i got .25" of growth...how often is any one relaxing this fall/winter as well while protecting their nl as well?
i'm always open for more suggestions as well...

thx all

Are you using Megatek or any other growth aid? What about supplements? You should get at least .50 inch per month.

Last edited:
When I was neck length french braids, flat twist into a rodset worked wonders, low manipulation and looks better as it gets old. I also did rollersets with the smaller magnetic rollers.

Just this morning, I spritzed my nape with my spray bottle mix (water, infusium, Giovanni direct leave-in and rusk smoother) and sealed with oil.

I just cowash then put a leave-in conditioner +/- coconut oil to seal.
Also, 1/4 inch of growth in a month isn't bad. 1/2 inch is an AVERAGE, so unless you actually see breakage or something I think you're fine. Also, many people have slower growth in the fall/winter and then it picks back up in the Spring/Summer.

HTH.

cool...thx...i was thinking about singles but i don't want to loose my edges...y'all know folks like to pull those puppies out:nono:
i'm always open for more suggestions as well...:grin:

thx all

Singles are micros, right? I got good growth with micros, but I would redo the edges once a week for the 4-6 weeks that I wore them to help reduce the stress on the edges.

I tex-lax and trim twice a year only!!!

.25" of growth per month is kind of low. I suggest using either MT/OCT, drinking lots of water, taking a multi-vitamin and increasing your protein in-take. These thing have been a tremendous help for me :yep:

I have been deep conditioning weekly,co-washing 3x weekly, moistuizing morning/night, wearing satin bonnet at night and daily bunning. Also, I am 34 weeks into my transitioning. Here is a pic:

Attachments

• 100_1264.jpg
    100_1264.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 14
i jus bought a lace front. i'm so excited. that's what i'm going to be using as a protective style. i've stretched to 10 weeks before but since i've got my lacefront coming i'm going to stretch it to 12. that's the max i'll go. my hair is fine so i don't want to cause too much stress to it.

thx all, it looks like i need to sit back and incorporate a protective reggie...you all have some good points in your reggies...i can actually develope something out of y'all's.

jamaicalovely Are you using Megatek or any other growth aid? What about supplements? You should get at least .50 inch per month.

i was using mt in saudi arabia but i didn't bring it with me since airlines have a habbit of breaking, "snatching up", or spilling out my stuff i pack. i don't get .5"/mth :sad:...all throughout the year...since january's bc(clipper cut) my hair has only grown to a full 3" all around. and i wouldn't really style my hair often, actually, i was hiding my hair. but i've been in the states since october. home sweet home.:grin:

BeautifulWideEyes When I was neck length french braids, flat twist into a rodset worked wonders, low manipulation and looks better as it gets old. I also did rollersets with the smaller magnetic rollers.

i just got some rollers...the plastic self gripping kind...i think by scunci. i do like them since i don't have to snap

choppybob Just this morning, I spritzed my nape with my spray bottle mix (water, infusium, Giovanni direct leave-in and rusk smoother) and sealed with oil.

i think this would be specially helpful for any styles i do...i woke up this morning and poo n co'd my hair, since i don't have a spray (just yet) i used leave-in and sealed with kemi oyl. i'll have to get a spray bottle...i was looking at infusium 23 last week and was like hm, i do need some of that.

ajacks Singles are micros, right? I got good growth with micros, but I would redo the edges once a week for the 4-6 weeks that I wore them to help reduce the stress on the edges.

I tex-lax and trim twice a year only!!!

.25" of growth per month is kind of low. I suggest using either MT/OCT, drinking lots of water, taking a multi-vitamin and increasing your protein in-take. These thing have been a tremendous help for me[/quote]

no not the micros...singles (a little bigger of a braid). i do drink lots of water...not to mention when the human body breaks down our food, water is extracted from it, ie;fruit, so i get plenty of water...although i do feel like i'm going to od from it, the doc says i'm dehydrated:wallbash:, and i stay dehydrated no matter how much water i drink or fruits n veggies (raw) i eat throughout the day. :wallbash: maybe i need more huh. i want to increase protein but i stay away from reds meats...i'm a high risk for colon cancer and red meat is one of the contributing factors.:wallbash:
so if you have any othe ideas for intaking protein in ample amounts, do share.

Coolata I have been deep conditioning weekly,co-washing 3x weekly, moistuizing morning/night, wearing satin bonnet at night and daily bunning. Also, I am 34 weeks into my transitioning. Here is a pic

i need to go back to dc'n weekly...i've been off this beaten path, i need to get back on the road.

complexsimplicity i jus bought a lace front. i'm so excited. that's what i'm going to be using as a protective style. i've stretched to 10 weeks before but since i've got my lacefront coming i'm going to stretch it to 12. that's the max i'll go. my hair is fine so i don't want to cause too much stress to it.

i'm already like 4-5 wks post...i'll try another 6-7 wks...i'm doing good so far.
question though...is it just me or does anyone experience tenderness when they get new growth...this last week or so, i've been experiencing tenderness at the top of my dome and nowhere else really, it's starting to fade as my hair continues to grow but i do notice this is the only time i get tenderness. i used to run to the store for a relaxer whenever i would experience this but when i went natural for the 1st half of this year, i noticed that it was only a temporary feeling.

spacetygrss I just cowash then put a leave-in conditioner +/- coconut oil to seal.
Also, 1/4 inch of growth in a month isn't bad. 1/2 inch is an AVERAGE, so unless you actually see breakage or something I think you're fine. Also, many people have slower growth in the fall/winter and then it picks back up in the Spring/Summer.

HTH.

this is true, i agree with you totally

Back