Whoops! MY bad!!!

reachbree

I just called a salon I have an appointment with on this friday. I needed to reschedule my consultation but we didnt have time so she asked me several questions over the phone of which one being, "What texture of hair do you have"? I naturally (atleast it felt that way) answered, "3c" her reaction was "HUH???" "wait what?, what is that" I said "Im sorry you asked for my hair texture right? 3c" She said, "I mean is it curly, wavy......" I just said "curly"

....i think ive been spending too much time on these boards :wallbash: Im too embarassed to even make my appointment now, I guess I misunderstood her question?? i dunno. I dont expect everyone to know the #'s and letters, but stylist....

Funny, just make sure you leave the LHCF language at the door when you go. Don't go in there talking about pre-poos, co-washing and using MN on you hair. LOL!!

LOL! You really have to be careful with hairboard language. I find myself slipping sometimes as well.

I don't know any stylists in real life who use the hair typing system.

that is funny yet I think all hair stylist should learn this language I mean honestly we might know more about hair than those stylist who don't research and experiment but then they know more about styling lol

Not too many people understand LHCF talk. I slipped up and said 4b during a conversation with my sister, and I was going to be explain but was like, *sigh*, "Oh, forget it."

Yeah, I'd leave the typing system at the door! :giggle: Especially since we on the hair boards created 3c, 4c, c-napp, etc., we really can't expect them to know! I have to watch myself a lot too, so I know the feeling :grin:!

Awww its not that embarassing. She doesn't even know what you were talking about.

I slip up sometimes myself. OH how I wish I had someone to talk hair with IRL.

Back