My hair dresser confused me about texturizers!!

[ QUOTE ]
have you tried Ion Repair Solutions Effective Care Intensive
i have that its a keratin protien treatment..

would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never tried it, i'm sure it'll help with reversion as i contains hardcore protein.

This is sort of off topic (maybe not) but how is it that a perm left on for a short amount of time works as a texturizer?? I thought perms were meant to make your hair straight and that texturizers were it's own chemical process?? Someone break it down for me please, I'm confused!!??!!

I've used Ion's Effective care. It is not a hardcore treatment.

Loveymiss, they work because they are only on long enough to break SOME of your hair bonds. The longer the chemical is on the more bonds break causing it to gradually straighten.

[ QUOTE ]
This is sort of off topic (maybe not) but how is it that a perm left on for a short amount of time works as a texturizer?? I thought perms were meant to make your hair straight and that texturizers were it's own chemical process?? Someone break it down for me please, I'm confused!!??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

basically they are the same thing. They both "relax" the bonds in the hair. Some products call themselves texturizers. Others are perms. But since they essentially do the same things...they are basically interchangeable.

Back