Who Was Wrong?

Multiple conversations about expectations should have been had before and after buying the ticket. Having that conversation does not entitle him to sex but he is entitled to transparency about what their relationship actually is.

If you been talking to a dude for 5 months and don't have a clue that he's the type to leave you stranded then don't engage in plans you can't afford to get yourself out of. His first text told me 75% of him and the situation in 10 seconds. Whether it's real naivety or game playing, she did not read the room accurately on this dude.

I don't understand leaving your home and don't have money to get home if something happens. She thought she could heavily flirt/tease get flewed out and he would be ok as friends. From the text he is the type to expect sex from a $50 meal. Discuss upfront what the expectations are and have vex money

His this person young? I don’t understand why they were not honest about their expectation. This reminds me of my first date at 15 when I learned that you should always make sure you can get out and get home on every date. He pays but have money just in case. My first date was to meet up at the mall. The guy drove but I did not want him to collect me from my house because I knew my mother would ban me from going out with him as he was 20. But the plan was for him to drop me off down the street from our house after the date.

So I only had enough money for the bus fare to the mall. When we met at the mall he asked me what I wanted to do I told him we could go to the video arcade. After about an hour there he said he was bored and playing videos was childish. He wanted to do something else. I said what? He said his sister’s house was next door to the mall. I told him no way was I going to his sister’s house. He told me I was being a child. I told him maybe I am and left. I had to walk home. Took me over 2 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's where I am.
BTW, are people really sexting and sending nudes to people they just want to be friends with?!

ive heard men say this… “yeah, we were intimate but we are just friends” but I don’t understand women adopting this attitude.

So I only had enough money for the bus fare to the mall. When we met at the mall he asked me what I wanted to do I told him we could go to the video arcade. After about an hour there he said he was bored and playing videos was childish. He wanted to do something else. I said what? He said his sister’s house was next door to the mall. I told him no way was I going to his sister’s house. He told me I was being a child. I told him maybe I am and left. I had to walk home. Took me over 2 hours.
Imagine a 15 year old acting like the child they are. I absolutely detest predatory men.

Both of them are foolish, but I'm a teenytiny bit on his side. No, he absolutely is not entitled to sex and even if it was discussed before, she has a right to change her mind. However, if someone is treating you to a flight and trip of leisure, the least you could do is confirm you touched down and checked in. With the rate phones can charge now, 30 minutes was more than enough to shoot a 'I'm here but tired, ttyl' text. She should have waited until at least past the next checkout/check in time and decided to put him in the friend zone in a public place.

I find it hard to believe they didn't discuss sex ot yhe desire to meet before she decided to go out there. Even so, no she's not obligated to give him anything but I think she was wrong unless she just has no experience with men and relationships. No way is a man going to spend that kind of money on a friend of 5 months....I presume they've never met in person.
If that's what she thought of the relationship she should of made that clear before she went. I really doubt he all of a sudden changed how he was behaving and she is now shocked and appaled.
I don't think he should of left her stranded but I would of sent her home too.

They were sexting and sending nudes back and forth. She knew exactly what she was being flown out for.

Also, I didn't like the tone of his texts and he sounded thirsty. I also do not believe that she didn't have money to fly back home. She just didn't want to use hers, which is understandable lol.

she intentionally tried to pull a bait and switch. except he wasn’t generous enough and she wasn’t slick enough.

she has the right to change her mind, but he also has the right to withdraw his support.

Exactly! Fake and unexpected period or stomach bug or something then hit him with the "let's just be friends" in the airport. I mean, if that's the route you're taking for a free trip, at least plan it through.

First if all why didn't he pick her up at the airport? That right there says a lot about him. If she wasn't interested she should have stayed home. No free trip is worth fighting a man off for the weekend and even though she decided this before hand its still not worth it. Stay home, save your coins and travel with no conditions attached to it.

Back