Who still uses Roux Fermodyl 619???

Desarae

What is this stuff? Magic in a bottle? Spill it ladies!

Hi I'm a :newbie:! Sort of :look:

I'm pretty good at knowing what my hair wants and needs as far as protien or moisture, but you know one minute your hair is behaving nicely and the nest thing you know your hair wants to act brand new and not accept anything you try to do to it even though you've been using the same stuff for months?:perplexed

My hair has been non-responsive to all my products, rough to the touch, dry looking, breaking at the ends. It felt like wet cardboard when I wet it. Tangled up so bad, all the strands velcroing together. Basically unruly for no reason at all. It felt like a porosity problem but the Roux Porosity Control just made it worse and that is one of my holy grails:ohwell:

Protien, nothing Moisture, nothing. I started to get scared yall because I really didn't know what to do and I didn't want to tip the scale in the wrong direction and end up worse off than where I was.

I went to Sally's. I brought Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair, and at the last minute I saw the little vials of Fermodyl 619 and I remembered reading something about it, I didn't know what it was for or what it was supposed to do but my hair was in distress and I was a desperate woman!! I didn't know which one I needed but I was scared to do the Aphogee because my hair was already dry so......

I ended up using the Fermodyl.

WHEN I SAY THAT AS SOON AS I PUT IT IN MY HAIR MY HAIR INSTANTLY SMOOTHED OUT, SOFTENED DETANGLED, DID EVERYTHING I NEEDED IT TO DO! IT BROUGHT MY HAIR ALL THE WAY BACK. I USED THE WHOLE VIAL. WRAPPED MY HAIR WET, CAME TO THE COMPUTER AND MADE THIS THREAD.

I can't quit rubbing my hair.

Once again I have to thank LHCF for another wonderful product recommendation. This forum ROCKS!!! You guys are awsome and I have a few questions:

1. How often can this be used
2. It is a moisturizing treatment or a protien treatment?
3. Does it always make your hair feel like this everytime?
4. Has anyone experienced any negative effects from using this weekly?
5. Where can I purchase in bulk? (I brought one for $3.79:wallbash:)

I would like to incorporate this into my regimen, but only with your blessings.

Yay! I'm glad it helped!

You can use Fermodyl after each wash, it won't do any harm to your hair. It's a wonderful addition to any reggie! It's great! I'm pretty sure the 619 formula is moisturizing. 233 is also wonderful :yep: You can get a bulk sizes at www.sleekhair.com and www.metrobeauty.com

I've never shopped at metrobeauty, but I love sleekhair!

Yay! I'm glad it helped!

You can use Fermodyl after each wash, it won't do any harm to your hair. It's a wonderful addition to any reggie! It's great! I'm pretty sure the 619 formula is moisturizing. 233 is also wonderful :yep: You can get a bulk sizes at www.sleekhair.com and www.metrobeauty.com

Yay!! I'm so glad to hear this and I am definately adding this after my washes. My hair has dried now and it still feels great!:lick: I got my old hair back again!!:drunk:

OP, I just used it last night. If you like the vials, you should try the 619 Moisture Recovery conditioner. I got them from Sally's on sale, just to try, and they're now staples. :yep: Also, I empty my vials into a spray bottle, makes it easier to get it everywhere.

Yay! I'm glad it helped!

OMG! Why is sleekhair.com claiming that porosity control is discontinued??!?! Nooooooo!

OP, I just used it last night. If you like the vials, you should try the 619 Moisture Recovery conditioner. I got them from Sally's on sale, just to try, and they're now staples. :yep: Also, I empty my vials into a spray bottle, makes it easier to get it everywhere.

OMG! Why is sleekhair.com claiming that porosity control is discontinued??!?! Nooooooo!

A comparable product is the CON pc coditioner. This is the thread about it: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=124229&page=2

hths

I read this thread and happen to check my stash. I just bought a whole bottle of this. I will definitely need to start back using it. This thread was right on time bc I'm having some issues with my hair right now. Hope this is the answer to make my hair happy again.

This product was recommended to me by that famous dermatologist that writes for Essence (I forgot her name,too lazy to look it up).

I have to stock up on some more. I'm too much of a pj to stick to any one routine.

I read this thread and happen to check my stash. I just bought a whole bottle of this. I will definitely need to start back using it. This thread was right on time bc I'm having some issues with my hair right now. Hope this is the answer to make my hair happy again.

lboogie2679
I don't think it comes in a bottle size (maybe I'm mistaken). Did you mean "vial" ?

lboogie2679
I don't think it comes in a bottle size (maybe I'm mistaken). Did you mean "vial" ?

In an old thread on the subject, someone explained how one company split into two back in the day, and they both use the Fermodyl brand name. Fermodyl 619 (and all the other ones that have numbers in the name) are made by Roux and come in vials. The other company makes Fermodyl Interactives in a bottle.
BUT now Roux has revamped their product line to include some leave~in sprays too. But I still dont think 619 (specifically) comes in a bottle.
It can be confusing. I use the stuff in the vials exclusively.

ETA: I just googled it out of curiousity, and stand corrected. Fermodyl Inetactives makes numbered vials too. They are white vials and Roux vials are blue.

@ incognitus the bottle I have looks like this

iLpHObiSz9Hv_7d8u0QXGHp2ZJGIkF5SAdd5BoxWBJxbNic1h2si7rO1jUx-lkQWV1D_g6u6sVVFRJ2qNKA2I7P7hdcqIVGZmsl8xTVKUHX4XBY5uh-oaJUQk9iz0b99VsS5Yrk7nUlLrYW00owf6V8RFYd10R-S9I-o9AQyhpw

Just bought the vials in Sally's b1g1. Going to add to my distilled water& rose water & use on my hair while in kinky twists

Back