• Yes

Votes: 36 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 42 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't used grease in my hair in about 12 years. I only wear my hair down and I like it to swing and bounce so I stay away from the grease..... My grandmother has a jar of Blue Magic on her dresser, so everytime I see it I open it up and sniff it...... I still like the smell of it. :lol:

I am seriously thinking about going back to grease. My mother only used grease in my hair when I was a child and I had the longest hair in my family. As long as it is washed and conditioned weekly I dont know the harm it could cause.

I never stopped using grease--Sulfur 8 applied to scalp, and Allways Indian Hemp used to seal ends and applied to edges. These days I use more oils on my hair and scalp, but I never pass up a good grease, especially if the ingredients are ok 2 seal with and for growth. I have a large jar of Blue Magic that I sometimes seal my ends with (I just want my ends shellacked and tucked away so that no moisture escapes, and grease is good for that, lol)...and I use castor oil/shea butter pomade on my daughter's scalp. Ain't no shame in it over here! :drunk:

Last edited:
the other day I stayed at my cousins house and I had an itchy scalp so I used some of her african pride miracle gro, it had a nice smell and it also soothed the itching. . .I may have to purchase, I've never been a grease user, but I dont think it will cause any damage if used properly.

**raises hand**

Don't use them all the time but I have 2 small jars of yellow and green Ultra Sheen that will always have their own special place in my bathroom cabinet.

Wait make that 3 if you count the Ultra Sheen Satin Press :lachen:

No shame in my game.

I want a good pomade because my scalp is fickle. I'm really eyeballing the one from QB. And I like coconut grease. Haven't used it in a while but um.... yeah just wait. :lol:

I still use grease. Especially lately for my ends because of the cold weather. it works better than oils for sealing when the weather is too cold. Blue Magic coconut grease!

Is Hairveda almond glaze considered grease? If so, then yes.

I think they mean old fashioned, petroleum jelly based grease so probably not. :)

I never was a grease user. My mother used it on me when i was little but I stopped when I took over my own hair care. I can relate to liking the smell though.

I have always used grease.

When I found this board, I started looking at more natural pomades and grease that didnt contain mineral oil, lanolin, petroleum, etc. and heavier oils to grease my scalp.

Some grease I've used: Qhemet's pomades, Oyin burnt sugar, solidified coconut oil, Darcy's botanicals, given by nature juices & berries, etc.

^^ I use Nature's Blessing as well. I don't grease my scalp, but I use it to seal my hair and ends. I love the scent of NB.

I use it on occasion. When I had a weak spot on my edges, Doo Gro brought it back. I'm using it again on my nape in an effort to strengthen it again.

I grease my scalp with Qhemet Biologics Amla Pomade. Love that stuff. Been thinking about making a homemade Sulfur 8 scalp oil too.

I use BB super grow hair grease or Blue Magic Coconut or vaseline. I love grease. Tried the other natural oils and all they did was sit on top of my hair.

Coconut Oil -the greasy blue magic kind on natural ends.
TBC leave in conditioner - on flat ironed ends.

Whenever I want that shine - I apply it.

I don't use grease only because I don't know how my hair would benefit from it, not because I have something against grease. My hair seems to be doing fine with a wash once or twice a week and leave in conditioner.

Nature's blessing is not petroleum free. The petroleum in this product is listed as mineral jelly.

Nature's Blessing Hair Pomade, baby :yep:. Not using it at the moment, but would still highly recommend it. Same consistency as blue magic, but full of good stuff like chlorophyll, sage, nettle, and rosemary....AND it's petroleum free.

414DYDZV18L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yhst-53141727366074_2144_4356128

51FXMViYKtL._SS500_.jpg

Love this stuff :)

Never my scalp, but will lightly grease soaking wet hair when doing twistouts. My hair always has a soft, shiny hold when I do this.

Back