Any Naturals still using "grease"?

Re: Any Naturals still using \"grease\"?

ChocoKitty, I used the NOW brand shea butter. It says that it's 100% pure shea butter on the label.

I like Hollywood carrot cream and CD healthy hair butter.

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
Thanks for all of the responses, ladies. As for using shea butter, I've tried it before but I started getting really painful bumps on my scalp and had to wash it out after a couple of days. I tried it more than once and my scalp had the same reaction.
frown.gif
Sadly, shea butter isn't for me but I'm glad that it's working for everyone else.

I just started using Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil again and that seems to be working for me right now. It doesn't contain any mineral oil in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cindy70: May I ask what brand of Shea Butter you used? Because all Shea Butters are not produced the same. Some companies add other ingredients to their SB (i.e. cocoa butter, wax and etc) that aren't necessary if the SB was extracted using the right process.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just experienced this. An ingrown hair in my scalp that did not feel relief until I pulled out the hair.

When I posed this question online, I received the revelation that the problem may not be with the products but product build up. The suggestion given to do an Apple cider vinegar rinse would relieve the scalp of the build and allow the hair to grow freely.

It may not be the shea butter...but just a need to wash the hair more frequently. I redo my twist every 2 or 3 days. Even when I am doing a twistout puff for a week...I dont addd more shea butter...I just simply spritz my hair with moisturizer and the hair coils back.

Definitely try washing more frequently remove the buildup.

hth

NOW brand, Yuck!

Ewww! NOW brand shea butter has to be the WORSE ever! That's the very first one I tried, and hated it. It was definately processed, hard as brick, and white. Once I learned about the different kinds of shea butter, I gave the more "natural" unprocessed butter a try and LOVE it. Nasabb is my favorite.

Re: NOW brand, Yuck!

No grease for me either. I use Hot Six Oil in combination with Pantene Hydrating Curls Frizz Control Treatment.

Back