Who started off with really really short hair?

MsDev2u

Hi everyone, my name is Dee and i've been lurkin on this site for a year i think, maybe longer.....but i finally joined, dont know what took me so long i guess i didnt have anything to say as i've always found the answer to my questions by just reading the threads:)

last year i had my hair grow almost armpit length just by comin here and following some of the advise you ladies gave...i am forever grateful for the advise i recieved on here

in November of 05 i cut my past shoulder length hair down to a twa...shoot i just got up on thanksgiving day and did the dang thang:lol: ...about a month after i chopped all of my hair off i got really itchy and scaly scalp, it was so red around my hairline, that my hairline was going bald......i dont know what caused all of this so i just tried to wash more often and i wore a hat most days to cover my head, good thing it was cold outside at the time:lol: ...so i finally went to a dermatologist and she gave me some special shampoo and some cream that cleared the itching and scaliing in about 3 days my head felt great...i used this cream on my edges alot and my hairline finally grew back in...this all happened within a 3 month period..my hair grew about 3 inches in that time so i figured i would get another relaxer put in since i knew how to take care of my hair via this site....so in March of 06 i went and got one of those halle berry short hairstyles.....my hair was so cute but umm......now i want long hair again..:lol: and now i'm tryna grow out my hair...dont know if i want to go natural or stay straight b/c i love both

so i'm finally getting to the question i wanted to ask:lol: .....did anyone grow out a really really short hairstyle without keep cutting the back so it would look neat....what styles do/did you wear...right now i'm tryin not to put too much heat on my hair so i have it slicked down...i know i can do this but my hair grew a half an inch in 2 weeks b/c i had a freeze put on it so i relaxed it today ( when i had long hair i would relax every 2 or 3 months) but now that its short i look jacked up :perplexed..if i stretch my relaxer then it will not lay down properly and i'll look all ghetto:lachen: i know there's somebody here that started off with short hair....please help..thanks!!

Welcome to Long Hair Care Forum! :newbie:

I grew my hair from nearly bald to 6.5 - 7.0 inches (neck length in the back) in 14 months. I did trim twice during those 14 months.
I can't really tell you what contributed to the growth because I've always been inconsistent. I've been trying my best to be more consistent. Now, I am going to do wear my hair in two strand twists throughtout the week so I can leave my hair alone.
By the way, check out the Feature of The Months for an idea of good hair routines/regimens.

Happy Hair Growing! :antlers:
*Poohbear*

I went from a bald fade to armpit length (15-18 inches from root to tip; 21.5 from hairline to end of hair length) in 3.5 years

I wonder if there are folks who never had long hair in their life until they came to LHCF?

Also, if I remember correctly, Sylver2 had a short Halle cut and has beautiful hair now.

Welcome to the Forum! I started with a half inch of hair. The growing out process has lots of awkward stages, that's what makes it so hard. I used extensions to get me through a lot of it. Just hang in there and be patient.

classimami713 said:
I wonder if there are folks who never had long hair in their life until they came to LHCF?

Also, if I remember correctly, Sylver2 had a short Halle cut and has beautiful hair now.

Yea I'm wondering the same thing. I could use some more inspiration.

When I had super short hair I wore braid extensions until it got longer. (until it got between ear and chin-length).

MsDev2u said:
so i'm finally getting to the question i wanted to ask:lol: .....did anyone grow out a really really short hairstyle without keep cutting the back so it would look neat....what styles do/did you wear...right now i'm tryin not to put too much heat on my hair so i have it slicked down...i know i can do this but my hair grew a half an inch in 2 weeks b/c i had a freeze put on it so i relaxed it today ( when i had long hair i would relax every 2 or 3 months) but now that its short i look jacked up :perplexed..if i stretch my relaxer then it will not lay down properly and i'll look all ghetto:lachen: i know there's somebody here that started off with short hair....please help..thanks!!

Hi I am at a liltle past the ear lobe right now with the back tapered. I Always air dry and rollerset. The way I keep the back neat is.....heat, unfortunatly. But since I wash once a week I only put heat on there once a week. The back is about 1 1/2 inch so I use my 1/2 inch flat iron on it to lightly bump it. I make sure to use PLENTY of heat protectant (redken heat glide) when I do it though. I have all my no heat styles in my fotki. They were taken before I got better at hair care and before I discovered the blue-black hair rinses so my hair doesn't look AS healthy as it does now, but it was pretty decent.

I have also used my steam rollers to get great results from air drying. I will update my fotki with the steam curler pics sometime this weekend (hopefully).

HTH!!!!:)

classimami713 said:

I know adrienne0914, anky, and Eclipse had short hair before LHCF... Now their hair is long! :)

I did the big chop and had a really cute short cut but I immediately got a sew-in because I was too self concious about my head ( I have a really big head). I wore sew-in for a while and then switched over to half wigs until I began to feel more comfortable with the length.

Back