WHO IS STARTING FRESH FOR THE 07, CUTS/REGIMENS/HAIR GOALS

Bmack

Are you starting fresh in 2007

Hair cut, regimen or just new hair goals.

I myself decided to cut my shoulder hair to above shoulder...then yesterday to slightly below chin. I guess you can say I was bored because I only wore a ponytail, or bun everyday.

I am so pleased with my new cut though, I absolutely love it!!! When I went to work Monday my co-workers were giving me so many compliments, and I of course ate it all up.

I also returned to my old products. I went back to a Beauty supply in Brooklyn because where I live now in Jersey, I can't find any products for black hair. I spent 96.00 on emergencee, Keracare products, and mango butter!

As of now I am not sure what my length goal is because I actually cut my hair so I guess I stopped caring about long hair as much, it was not damaged. I was just bored. :sleep:

I will say one thing I am certain of is healthy hair...there is nothing like a head of healthy hair.

What about you ladies are you starting fresh in the 07 whether it be new cut/ regimen or just changing your goals?

I cut about 3" off. I'm sad, but it was a necessary move!

It had reached BSL in back, but was extremely unhealthy and in desperate need of a cut. It's probably APL (or a little above). Not toooooooo short, but definitely not as long.

I'm not going to stress or set a hair goal for the year. My only goal is to get and keep it healthy and the ends from frazzling.

Last edited:
I changed my goals. I am adapting a more live and let live attitude towards my hair. As long as it is growing, then I am happy. It has made so much progress in terms of texture and what not so life is good. As long as I concentrate on staying consistent with conditioning, low/no heat and moisture, it will grow. I am not going to stress deadlines as much. I really would like to be bra-strap by 08 but I am may get there. I may not. I am shooting for apl by or in 08 and then bra-strap in 09. Giving myself a year between goals is more realistic for me.

gymfreak336 said:
I changed my goals. I am adapting a more live and let live attitude towards my hair. As long as it is growing, then I am happy. It has made so much progress in terms of texture and what not so life is good. As long as I concentrate on staying consistent with conditioning, low/no heat and moisture, it will grow. I am not going to stress deadlines as much. I really would like to be bra-strap by 08 but I am may get there. I may not. I am shooting for apl by or in 08 and then bra-strap in 09. Giving myself a year between goals is more realistic for me.

This is my attitude. I took my hair WAY too seriously in the past. Now I am not getting caught up in length goals and evrything else - I am just letting my hair grow and taking care it along the way.

gymfreak336 said:

This is a great attitude, and I'm going the same way!

HoneyDew said:
This is my attitude. I took my hair WAY too seriously in the past. Now I am not getting caught up in length goals and evrything else - I am just letting my hair grow and taking care it along the way.

This is a great attitude to have. Sometimes I tell myself "it is just hair".

I started rollersetting and deep conditioning everyweek, the first week of January, I started using henna too. My routine has to be simple so I can stick to it, I also started using castor oil and some other oils, So far so good. I'm not as concerned about length as I am the health of my hair, when its healthy it grows.

I started cowashing daily and taking my vitamins. I've also been wearing protective styles and baggying at night with a moisturizer and a mixture of olive oil and hazelnut oil.

I've just recently started massaging my scalp with a mixture of vitamin E oil and jojoba oil.

I've never taken my hair this seriously, and I've never thought that I could have long hair, but with this board, I believe I can.

I'm new to the board so I'm just learning about this wealth of knowledge. I have always been concerned about my hair and its health, but I'd still do things unhealthy. My goal for this year is to get it back thick, I just took out micros and thinned out my hair I have a lot of flyaways that werent there b4. So I want thickness and I'm gonna try to go without cutting (besides trims) but I love layers, and last but not least NO DYE:( . I'm about a 1 1/2 inches from brastrap. I wouldnt mind about 4 inch growth in the back, and about 7 inches from the top were my layers are. I give myself till Jan of 08. This challenge will be hard exspecially since its about to get hot I love highlights. But I'm gonna be strong exspecially since I know I have all you wonderful people behind me!!!!!:D

My goal is to learn how to do my hair myself. Other than that, I just want healthy, manageable hair, with some length.

Taking it all one day at a time.

Oooh, really looking to grow my nape this year.

No more cuts for me!! i have to change my current regimen to help reatin length, as i've had a few setbacks recently....the solution is the return to crown and glory techniques, for the entire year. I will in the meantime take vits, continue protein and moisture conditioning and abandon all combing.

Well for 07' I cut off all of my hair...right now im rocking a 3inch twa...but ive been protective styling with wigs and the such. I plan on using protective styles for the rest of the year, as i grow my hair out. :)

MY MAIN GOAL FOR THIS YEAR IS TO JUST KEEP MY ENDS IN TIP TOP CONDITION. ONCE THEY START TO GO ASTRAY I MADE UP MY MIND TO CUT THEM WITH NO HESITATIONS. AND I JUST WANT TO GET AS MUCH LENGTH I CAN FOR THIS YEAR:) , BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ACTUALLY DOCUMENTING HAIR GROWTH, SO I'D REALLY LIKE TO STAY ON TOP OF MY GAME AND SEE HOW WELL I CAN DO.

darkempress said:
MY MAIN GOAL FOR THIS YEAR IS TO JUST KEEP MY ENDS IN TIP TOP CONDITION. ONCE THEY START TO GO ASTRAY I MADE UP MY MIND TO CUT THEM WITH NO HESITATIONS. AND I JUST WANT TO GET AS MUCH LENGTH I CAN FOR THIS YEAR:) , BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ACTUALLY DOCUMENTING HAIR GROWTH, SO I'D REALLY LIKE TO STAY ON TOP OF MY GAME AND SEE HOW WELL I CAN DO.

Well, whatever you are doing it's working because your hair is very pretty...I love it!

HoneyDew said:

It is alot less stressful for me. I figure as long as I stay healthy and keep my hair healthy then length will come. But I personally rather have shoulder length THICK hair than bra-strap thin hair any day. Now, I wash when I want to wash and go get it done when I get lazy. I actually realized that I lost months and months of growth by overthinking conditioning and over doing the protien treatments.

gymfreak336 said:
It shows!!! Very pretty and thick. What do you do??? Spill the beans!!
THX GYMFREAK:) , I REALLY ATTRIBUTE EVERYTHING TO BAGGYING AND MY USE OF BLACK CASTOR OIL. THEY HAVE REALLY HELPED BECAUSE SINCE BAGGYING I HAVENT HAD MY ENDS TOUCHED. THE LAST TIME WAS EARLY OCTOBER, AND I DONT PLAN TO FOR A WHILE IF THEY KEEP UP LIKE THIS. I'M REALLY SIMPLE, NO EXTRA STUFF BECAUSE I JUST END UP MAKING THINGS MORE COMPLICATED FOR MYSELF:ohwell: . AND SO FAR SIMPLE IS WHAT HAS DEF BEEN WORKING FOR ME.

darkempress said:
THX GYMFREAK:) , I REALLY ATTRIBUTE EVERYTHING TO BAGGYING AND MY USE OF BLACK CASTOR OIL. THEY HAVE REALLY HELPED BECAUSE SINCE BAGGYING I HAVENT HAD MY ENDS TOUCHED. THE LAST TIME WAS EARLY OCTOBER, AND I DONT PLAN TO FOR A WHILE IF THEY KEEP UP LIKE THIS. I'M REALLY SIMPLE, NO EXTRA STUFF BECAUSE I JUST END UP MAKING THINGS MORE COMPLICATED FOR MYSELF:ohwell: . AND SO FAR SIMPLE IS WHAT HAS DEF BEEN WORKING FOR ME.

Thanks girl. I really need to get on the castor oil wagon. Everytime I get to order it, I end up getting something else. **off to go order it for real this time**

well im trying to go natural and right now i have about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of new growth...im hatin the way my hair is looking right now because i cant really tell where my growth is at with growth because their is some straight hairs and alot of new growth...

im tempted to go back short again(shaved in the back and everything) and relaxing...it was quicker to grow out..i left off in the in between phase growing out the back and everything...and went back and did a sewin and then braids(micros a little bigger) this year...i just hope i didnt damage what i had....i have an appointment tomorrow so i'll just have to wait and see what i come out with....i just hope its something i can work with and thats nice and suitable...part of my regimen is to find a stylist and start going back to a stylist 2 to 3 times a month for treatments( my hair was at its best when i was going to a salon and allowing a stylist to do my hair)

ME, ME!! I am starting off fresh!! Now sporting a natural TWA. I cut off my relaxed hair on Feb 22nd to .4" of natural hair. It's now 1" in certain places. Currently sporting micros; some slip off occasionally but luckily, I can redo them myself. Can't wait for it to grow grow grow:D :D.

Bmack said:
Are you starting fresh in 2007

Hair cut, regimen or just new hair goals.

I myself decided to cut my shoulder hair to above shoulder...then yesterday to slightly below chin. I guess you can say I was bored because I only wore a ponytail, or bun everyday.

I am so pleased with my new cut though, I absolutely love it!!! When I went to work Monday my co-workers were giving me so many compliments, and I of course ate it all up.

I also returned to my old products. I went back to a Beauty supply in Brooklyn because where I live now in Jersey, I can't find any products for black hair. I spent 96.00 on emergencee, Keracare products, and mango butter!

As of now I am not sure what my length goal is because I actually cut my hair so I guess I stopped caring about long hair as much, it was not damaged. I was just bored. :sleep:

I will say one thing I am certain of is healthy hair...there is nothing like a head of healthy hair.

What about you ladies are you starting fresh in the 07 whether it be new cut/ regimen or just changing your goals?

I am transitioning. I prepoo everytime I co wash and dc. I am focusing on thickness. I trim every two months and my transitioning is coming alot great. I am trying to incorporate glycerin into my regimen besides when I bun, because every other week I like to were my hair out.

Well I see there are lots of us starting fresh wheter it be by big chop/regimen or new hair goals.

ME ME ME!!

one thing...

when you grow your hair long, esp if u were liek me and NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE you start getting scared of doing ANYTHING to it..

i wont even use any of the great conditioners i have in my hair box xos i know what i use works...but even so, every con has diffrent properties, but i jus dont touch em!

they say if it aint broke dnt fix it..

but i've elarnt i have to have fun with this length.

so i'm, gona add a few new vits, start on the herbal tea thing

and also use indigo or henna (whichever gives jet blk hair!) xx

Yeah , me too. I'm starting really fresh this year. No cut, but a new regimen.
What will change this year for my hair ?
I plan to use less heat , to stretch my relaxer more and to eat more protein food !:) Also, I just bought some magnetic roller : I want to perfect this technique to be fresh next suMMer :yep:
And.... I'm doing the Crown & Glory Challenge right now !!! for the very first time I will follow it with constancy ^^ The more I'll retain lenght, the more I'll be happy !

Mine is sticking to all my goals and commiment...

I want Midback in two years but I have to consist and thats goes with everything in my life so its much deeper then just "my hair"..
Its teaching myself to stay active and care about my inner aswell as my outter body/soul/mind.

What good is a pretty face and a broken soul?..... No real man or anyone elese would want to be around that for to long

Im going to the salon bi-weekly now so I can have a professional help me out. But in between visits im gonna do more washing and deep conditioning treatments and also take my vitamins. Im not as concerned about length I just want strong and healthy hair:)

I started fresh and still haven't figured out what the heck I am doing! Almost tempted to go back to the old way but.....must...........resist.........!

healthyhairin07 said:
I started cowashing daily and taking my vitamins. I've also been wearing protective styles and baggying at night with a moisturizer and a mixture of olive oil and hazelnut oil.

I've just recently started massaging my scalp with a mixture of vitamin E oil and jojoba oil.

I've never taken my hair this seriously, and I've never thought that I could have long hair, but with this board, I believe I can.

I love your hair texture, is it texturized? I planning on texturizer may hair this week... and desperately been searching for pics of texturized hair, as I really don't know what to expect.

Back