Who has bouncy hair?

kking7777

I wanted to know if the key to bouncy hair after you un wrap it is to first flat iron and then do not apply oil? I just saw a girl today that had a very nice wrap with so much body and she told me she air drys her hair then flat iron it and then of course wrap it and sit under the dryer. See I use a curling iron so do you ladies obtain really bouncy hair with a flat iron and no oil? Please Help...

Yes...give yourself a good conditioner for moisture, dry hair and follow up with a flat iron. Works everytime for me! Full, shiny, and bouncy.

I don't use flat irons but the only way I get bouncy hair is two ways:

1. A DAMN GOOD rollarset with not alot of different products used. The more used, the heavier/limp it feels. Just a shampoo/conditioner/leave-in and maybe serum (optional). The rollarset has to be ultra smooth from start to finish all over. Hate to repeat by the Dominican salons give me the best bounciest rollar set hair. I always finish by wrapping the hair so by using the hair as a giant rollar, you've got that body built in. When the hair is let down it is soft and bouncy. No oils as that would just make strands stick together.

2. Touch up day. My stylist is a master with using a cool setting hair dryer and curling irons (the only person I trust to use irons on me and leave my hair like separated strands of silk). Atate I know you know what I'm talking about
wink.gif
).

The rollar setting is what gives that fullness and also that bounce though the most. Hope this helps? ps. product overload makes hair limp and dull. A good gentle clarifying shampoo removes that and to me, aids in that completely light feeling bouncy hair feeling again. Like putting the spring back in the hair.

Man I cringe when you guys mention your rollersets. It really bothers me that I can not get mine to come out right. Unless of course a big puffy ball of hair counts?

A rollerset and blow out afterwards gives me bouncy and blow-in-the-wind hair. I havent been able to achieve this at home yet....

Rollersets with a wrap and rollersets with my roots blown get me swingin' in the wind hair.
smile.gif

I would agree.... my rollersets give tons of bounce
smile.gif
.... but then again, my regular air dries (no heat) gives just as much bounce.... if not more!
smile.gif

Really Peachtree???? How do you get it to be bouncy? I see you have 4A/B hair...give up your secrets please...I would wash more often if I could airdry successfully...thanx...

After my hair has been freshly shampooed I put a light coating of jojoba oil on it and roller set it with diluted setting lotion. No other products are needed.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I don't wrap my curls..I just let them fall throughout the week and wear them loose.

pooh123

i agree. Rollersetting is key for me. That's how you get that photo shoot hair. The texture of my hair is so much smoother when I rollerset as opposed to airdry, flat-wrap or blow-dry. It just comes out with a lot more natural shine, deeper color, and it feels better. As a matter of fact, my goal for the next two months is to rollerset more often and ban myself from the airdrying bun.

I forgot to add that when I am 8+ weeks post relaxer, I also use a temporary straightening/texturizing cream. The heat from the dryer and the tension on the roller helps keep the roots and ends smooth.

Ya know....my hair gets pretty bouncy from airdrying too! Now that I've re-read the thread and really given it some thought I truly beleive it's careful choice of product application and using truly the least amount possible to achieve the results I needed that owes to my bouncy hair.

Bounciness, fullness and that airy quality are what I get complimented on most frequently - but people who ask me how I achieve always balk when I say I rarely apply ANY oil whatsoever to my hair and when I do it's the VERY ENDS - THE TIPPIE TIPS - that I apply it.

Minimal product use is key. My but I've gone on....haven't I!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ya know....my hair gets pretty bouncy from airdrying too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that Tracy!
smile.gif

Whenever I can't get to the salon for rollersets, I always airdry, but I have to use Nexxus Headress leave-in. Otherwise, I would look like a low-budget Kelis
drunk.gif

Wish my rollersets turned out like you guys. My curls look like they're making a fist when I take the rollers out. They look mad.

WHY did I burst out laughing at my desk Shelli?! My co-worker jumped.

Mine came out looking like that this weekend. I called myself air drying *translation* too lazy to sit under the dryer so I went to sleep. I had the windows open while it rained (love the rain) and it was humid in the house. Woke up and scared my own self when I looked in the mirror.

I just pinned it up. It's suppose to rain some more this week so I might as well... stick with the pin up for now.

Do you mean the curls come out too tight? Maybe that's a sign that your hair is too long for those rollers, and you can graduate to the next size.

[ QUOTE ]
WHY did I burst out laughing at my desk Shelli?! My co-worker jumped.

Mine came out looking like that this weekend. I called myself air drying *translation* too lazy to sit under the dryer so I went to sleep. I had the windows open while it rained (love the rain) and it was humid in the house. Woke up and scared my own self when I looked in the mirror.

I just pinned it up. It's suppose to rain some more this week so I might as well... stick with the pin up for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My rollersets never came out right when it was humid. I'm telling you, oller sets(even while drying)and humidity do not mix...at least not for me. I turn on the 'ac' to remove the dampness from the air.

I end up with curls that would make any grandmother jealous. I'd use larger rollers if I could get them to stay in my head! I can't get enough tension on them.

I have bouncy hair myself but I'm sure it has to do with the cut.
I have a new hairdresser that knows what's she's doing and I swear since my relaxer and cut that she gave me last week -- just a slight shake of my head and my hair is bouncing all over the place! I love it. It never did that before.

Thanx for the thread Sassy...I recall reading it. However, my hair is too short to airdry in a bun. I tried a pigtail once and I was lookin pretty scary and then I had no heat-free way of styling afterwards. I cant wear in a pigtail because the peas cooking in my kitchen will be seen by all...when my hair is longer, I cant wait to do this. Also, I cant wait to just wear my rollerset curls out without wrapping...now, because its short, I would just look like Ethel Merman.

Re: tight curls and rollersets...

It's def. the roller size girls...my girls at the salon have always rolled my hair on the largest rollers that would fit in my hair. For the most part if your hair is even slightly past nape length, the purple Diane rollers should fit and give you the look you are looking for.

The slackness in the set is caused by rolling at the wrong angle. You want to gently pull the hair (once combed smooth with a very fine toothed rat tail comb) in the complete opposite direction of the direction you are going to roll it. If you are rolling the hair back, pull it forward. If you are rolling it down, pull it up. Go for a 45 degree angle in the opposite direction of the way you are going to roll the hair. Pin where the roller meets the scalp as close to the "middle" of the roller as possible. And use a net!
smile.gif

Back