Who has bouncy hair?

I have bouncy hair, either if I flat iron (I use the arc method) or if I roller set. I do agree that less is more, people always compliment me on the body and movement of my hair but are always shocked I don't use oils in my hair. Neither my scalp nor my hair are dry, so no need for oil...I get my moisture from the water and conditioner.

Just my take
smile.gif

kking, don't feel bad. i can't roller set my hair either. i don't have the patience to sit under the dryer that long even if i could.
blush.gif
hwell:

anyway, the less products i use, the more body my hair has. so i just use sheen spray and a serum.

Nubian Queen, sorry it took so long my computer was down and I had to build another one...

The arc method is done by pulling the flat iron up to the sky, bending the wrist to bring it back down, then when you get to the ends your wrist goes back up again to bump the ends under (or reverse if you want a flip)...think of moving your wrist in a "C" pattern. The top of the "C" being the roots and the bottom being the ends, your hand/wrist would move as though you were making a "C" with your hand...does this make sense?? If not I will try to explain a different way.

HTH

Tekmommie,

No problem on the response time (wanna build me a PIV?!
user.gif
). I am taking down my braids right now and am going to try out my new ceramic iron after my henna treatment (good grief, I'm going to be up FOREVER
nuts.gif
) and so this comes at a wonderful time for me! What you wrote makes perfect sense to me. Glad I asked
blush.gif
. If it turns out well, then I may take a break from these individuals. If not, I am hoping my first try at bantu knots comes out decent enough to last a week. I can NOT redo these braids before I have to get back to work!

Many thanks for your help!
smile.gif

NubianQueen (what a GREAT name!)

Sure I will build it for you, its the only way to go. I have a $1600 PC for about 300 bucks
smile.gif
!!

Well I'm glad to hear my description makes some sense...let me know how your hair turns out. I'm sure it will be nice. I want to try bantu knots as well, but how will I keep them in?? How will I sleep??

I'm off to do my hair now...

Back