Who has a 100% ceramic flat iron?

s_terry

Not ceramic plated. Please share what model you have, how you like it, and what you spent. Again, this is 100 ceramic, not ceramic plated.

TIA

I have a Fhi, it's 100% ceramic. I got it from www.frizzy2silky.com for $69.99 or $69 bucks even, I forgot which. Anywho, I still don't really know what I'm doing, but it straightens my ng like a relaxer!The first time I used it, dh said 'Dang! How'd it get your hair that straight?! That's crazy!'

I thought FHi and Solia were ceramic plated? I believe they are? There a few that all ceramic plates and they seem to start somewhere in the 150.00. I dunno maybe I am wrong?

Great question s_terry! I was looking last night the ghd flat iron. I was so sleepy that I just glanced at the site.

GHD is one I have to look up. I google "100 % percent ceramic flat iron" and I pull back anything but!

I thought FHi and Solia were ceramic plated? I believe they are? There a few that all ceramic plates and they seem to start somewhere in the 150.00. I dunno maybe I am wrong?

I read that the FHI Runway is 100% ceramic. I don't have one, though.

I have one I got from Wal-Mart that's made by Infiniti by Conair. It's not plated but 100% solid ceramic. (It says so on the box). I love it and it only costed (is that a word? :ohwell:) $45. They make them in 1in and 2in sizes, but I found the 1in was easier to handle. (My hands are kinda small, hehe). HTH!

I have one I got from Wal-Mart that's made by Infiniti by Conair. It's not plated but 100% solid ceramic. (It says so on the box). I love it and it only costed (is that a word? :ohwell:) $45. They make them in 1in and 2in sizes, but I found the 1in was easier to handle. (My hands are kinda small, hehe). HTH!

You know, I saw that this one was not coated. It was at Ulta.

Good price, too.

Something about the shape I did not like, though. But, it is worth trying out.

I have T3 Tourmaline ionic cermaic styling iron & it is % 100 ceramic and you can use it on wet or dry hair .I haven't used it on wet hair:perplexed I'm alittle scared but I think I'm in love :grin:

FYI ... those irons are not 100% ceramic. I posted about this a while ago ... I will see if I can find it. Anyhow, I was told that a 100% ceramic iron would cost at least $400. Most of them have a certain thickness of ceramic which is why they claim they are 100%. Even my beloved CHI is not 100% ceramic ... but I am fine with that.

FYI ... those irons are not 100% ceramic. I posted about this a while ago ... I will see if I can find it. Anyhow, I was told that a 100% ceramic iron would cost at least $400. Most of them have a certain thickness of ceramic which is why they claim they are 100%. Even my beloved CHI is not 100% ceramic ... but I am fine with that.

Same here. I am not spending $400 on those things! My FHI and Solia wokr just fine. They are even better than a cheap Revlon ceramic one I used to use. THat thing was only $20, but the coating started chipping after a few months of use. I bought a new one and it did the same thing. My FHI has lasted for years no chipping.

I have seen the FHI runway on ebay for $200. I never saw deals like that when it first came out, so as with all the FHI irons the prices get better oer time. I will just sit back and see what happens.

Thanks ladies for posting. Errummmm, I think I might need to wait until I hit the lottery or something. I mean this is like having Lexus in front of an apartment! YIKES!!!

$400? :lachen: :lol: :rofl3:........Oh wait, were you serious?

Do you like it Seymone? Pros/Cons? Have you compared them to any ceramic coated flat iron? Any differences between the two as far as you are concerned?

I love my flatiron... It really smoothes the hair. What your left with is unbelievably shiny bouncy hair and the good thing is that it serves as a curling iron as well. I sound like an ad.. lol

Heres some info from Sephora

From pin-straight hair to luscious curls, the Special Edition Bespoke Labs T3 Medium Duality can do it all. Through a technique perfected by T3 called Flawless™, the Medium Duality's 1 3/8" wide ceramic plates are infused with tourmaline gemstones, resulting in hair enriched with high concentrations of cuticle-smoothing negative ions and healthy far infrared heat. Perfectly suited for straightening or curling broad areas of hair, it features toothed ribbing and custom built vents, while its sleek and ultra-stylish exterior is enhanced with a sparkling gemstone grip, a super-intuitive interface, and a distinctive skin that makes every iron unique.

What it does:
Further advanced by T3's new SmartPipes™ architecture, an intelligent, network-oriented system that enables perfect heat styling in real time, the Medium Duality can create virtually any dazzling look, while leaving hair glassy-smooth, lavishly hydrated, and perfectly in place all day long.

Features:
-1 3/8" wide tourmaline ceramic plates and ceramic heaters.
-SmartPipes™ architecture.
-Super-intuitive interface for instant heating.
-Toothed ribbing for maximum far infrared heating.
-Fully adjustable, swift heating with 410 °F / 210 °C max.
-Comprehensive, extensive warranty.

Benefits:
-Straighten, curl, or wave hair with a single tool with sleeker, shinier, healthier results due to tourmaline ions and maximum far infrared heat.
-Can be used to straighten or curl broad areas of hair for speedier styling.
-Creates deep, long-lasting hairstyles for day and night.
-Smoothes the cuticle for exceptionally smooth, silky, and shiny hair.
-Negative ions aid in locking in moisture and hair color.
-Closes the cuticle layer to protect hair.

GHD is one I have to look up. I google "100 % percent ceramic flat iron" and I pull back anything but!

just looked s_terry and the ghd is ceramic coated. sorry about that. I have alread told my DH and DS that mommy wants the FHI runway flatiron for either her birthday or X-mas :blush3::hugxplode:

i am in the market for a good flat iron and i think i will be picking up a FHI from trade secret. i just want to know what you ladies use as heat protectants? i know this question has been asked a million and one times, but i had bad experiences with my last self flat ironings.i ended up returning a flat iron that i used one time. i have relaxed hair and even when i dont turn the iron up too high , i still mangage to get "red" ends and heat damage.

i am in the market for a good flat iron and i think i will be picking up a FHI from trade secret. i just want to know what you ladies use as heat protectants? i know this question has been asked a million and one times, but i had bad experiences with my last self flat ironings.i ended up returning a flat iron that i used one time. i have relaxed hair and even when i dont turn the iron up too high , i still mangage to get "red" ends and heat damage.

I have the FHI...I use creamy leave ins like lacio lacio and salerm then I use chi silk infusion as a heat protectant on wet hair before flat ironing

Thats funny.. I have a revlon flat iron and I have had it for over 2 years and it hasnt chipped one at all. I had no clue that none of those other flat irons werent 100% Ceramic.

SInce I know that I wont be spending a rack of money on them.. LOL

The Conair Infiniti was my next purchase anyways..

:)

Same here. I am not spending $400 on those things! My FHI and Solia wokr just fine. They are even better than a cheap Revlon ceramic one I used to use. THat thing was only $20, but the coating started chipping after a few months of use. I bought a new one and it did the same thing. My FHI has lasted for years no chipping.

I have seen the FHI runway on ebay for $200. I never saw deals like that when it first came out, so as with all the FHI irons the prices get better oer time. I will just sit back and see what happens.

Just a little info: The typical drug store brands; Revlon, Vidal Sasson, etc are ceramic plated. All the higher end irons, for example T3, Fhi, Chi, etc have 100% ceramic plates. However, their heat source is not always ceramic. Those that provide consistent heat (no cold spots) are the ones that have a ceramic heat source and are far more pricey.

I have a 100% Ceramic Tourmaline flat iron that I bought from Target on clearance (paid 30 bucks for it)...it's not plated. I love that thing so much, better than my FHI! It's super smooth, like glass. I never have a broken hair and my hair always comes out super smooth and silky. Looks like a weave when i'm finished and it's not even on the highest temp!

Last edited:
this is true when i was searching for a 100% ceramic flat iron some of the sites that were coming up were saying this
i ended up buying the sedu anyway

Back