who does not use gel to slick their hair back?

did this get your hair slick? i have fine hair too and this gave me hot shea buttery mess:lol:

Wow... I really can't say why that happened to you... I did spray ve
ry little water, a small amount of the butter and rub between my hands to spread a thin layer over it and brush in with a boar bristle brush..was as slick as it gets without stiffness. It didn't shine though...

I don't use gel. I find it to be an itchy, and cumbersome mess that clogs up my hair. It took a while for me to realize this, and I have three bottles of gel that I am no longer using as a result. I haven't used gel in over a year. I just use water, silk elements cream, and water on my hair, and then I tie it down. "tight" :) "pimp style" as the OP says.

I recently started using flax seed gel that I made at home. It doesn't function for me like a regular gel but it does give a good hold and my hair doesn't get hard afterward.

When I don't use flaxseed gel I use my leave in and coconut or olive oil and Shae butter.

Napp I used Wen Texture Balm and a little Nu-Gro Spray, Wave Cap for sleep and my hair is real Silky slick back :giggle:

And it is soft to touch.

Back