Whirlwind romances.....did they stand the test of time for you?

Bublin

Is there anyone who met and fell in love with their husband/SO almost instantly and are still together years later?

How quickly did you relationship development?

I'm asking because within a month, both me and my new boyfriend have VERY strong feelings for each other. He was very open from the beginning and i thought he was just over clingy and senstive - now, shock horror - i feel the same. It feels good but scary at the same time.
I'm 31, have experienced 2 long term relationships as well as lust where the feelings have been intense but this feels different - like, where have you been all my life? and all warm and cosy. Ewww - that sounds all gushy - lol.

Any stories?

My dh and I were married 6 weeks after dating and even though we have been married 4 years it was alot of work. Whirlwind romances can work but I would suggest that you wait a while and really get to know the person. We have had many up and downs and we are I think just know starting to relax and enjoy the marriage.

Wow LadyR. I just love these stories and yes, i understand it will be hard work.

I don't think i'll beat your 6 week record though (that would leave only 2 weeks to sort the wedding out - lol)

i just came out of one...lasted a year. it was great..nothing i ever experienced before...we hit it off the very first day..

we're not together now for the last month but still talk regularly.

Yeah, SO and I fell hard and fast. I have those feelings of where have you been all of my life? I kissed a lotta frogs to get to him. But he was well worth the wait.
It's not like we agree on everything, we definitely don't, but we agree to disagree with no hard feelings. The way that we "argue" if you can even call it that, is like nothing I've ever experienced. We don't yell or cop attitudes. There are no feelings of resentment. I don't have those petty, 'oh I got somthin' fo' yo' ***' feelings.

I have respect for him as a Man because he has proven himself a Man in my eyes. He doesn't make excuses. He knows how to apologize when he's wrong. He knows how to forgive. He's supportive. He doesn't mind "doing" for me or the kids.

I can't even put my feelings into words properly because they could never convey the way I truly feel about this Man. He really cares for me and wants what's best for my, soon to be our, family. He's supportive. He gives unconditionally and he puts up with me. I have my issues that I have to work through and he has helped me and waited for me.

It seems like it's all about what he does for me, it's not. He says he actually feels the love that I have for him. He says he's never had that. Neither have I. It's lovely to be in a relationship WITH someone instead of by yourself.

We went to visit my GrannyMa and she said, "It's nice to be loved by someone, isn't it?" She was beaming. I smilingly replied, "Yes, it is!"

Sorry so long.

Yeah, SO and I fell hard and fast. I have those feelings of where have you been all of my life? I kissed a lotta frogs to get to him. But he was well worth the wait.
It's not like we agree on everything, we definitely don't, but we agree to disagree with no hard feelings. The way that we "argue" if you can even call it that, is like nothing I've ever experienced. We don't yell or cop attitudes. There are no feelings of resentment. I don't have those petty, 'oh I got somthin' fo' yo' ***' feelings.

I have respect for him as a Man because he has proven himself a Man in my eyes. He doesn't make excuses. He knows how to apologize when he's wrong. He knows how to forgive. He's supportive. He doesn't mind "doing" for me or the kids.

I can't even put my feelings into words properly because they could never convey the way I truly feel about this Man. He really cares for me and wants what's best for my, soon to be our, family. He's supportive. He gives unconditionally and he puts up with me. I have my issues that I have to work through and he has helped me and waited for me.

It seems like it's all about what he does for me, it's not. He says he actually feels the love that I have for him. He says he's never had that. Neither have I. It's lovely to be in a relationship WITH someone instead of by yourself.

We went to visit my GrannyMa and she said, "It's nice to be loved by someone, isn't it?" She was beaming. I smilingly replied, "Yes, it is!"

Sorry so long.

Sis, that is beautiful...

Very beautiful! :yep:

Sorry so long.

Whirlwind romances can work, there is not hard or fast rule. I saw in one article that a man was married after three weeks meeting his wife...well they are still together 10 years and three children later, from their wedding picture and now, they still look the same. His wife said she just knew and she couldn't be apart from him, for one second. The man said he has never been so happier in his life, and he wouldn't have it any other way. So it can work, you can people dating for years, marry and the marriage falls apart. When you meet the right person, you just want to marry.

Last edited:
I had a whirlwind romance. We fell for each other fairly quickly, neither of us had ever felt that way about anyone else. We were talking to each other for like... 3 hours a day from the first day we met. We were very different surface-wise, like night and day, and one understood how or why we were together, but we felt like we were exactly the same in terms of what was important.

Ummm... we were together for about a yr, and then our relationship ended just as quickly as it started because he cheated. It hurt me a lot and it took me a long time to get over it. So my whirlwind romance did not stand the test of time, sadly.

Sorry so long.

Dang, Can I get a tissue.. I am like weeping like a baby... What a Blessing

Back