Whimsy's Finally back to Hip Length!! And....

Whimsy

...feeling a way about my prior decision to donate...:look::perplexed:nono:

hiplengthjune2013b.jpg

http://youtu.be/VqceTka8n3M

Maybe I'll go for tailbone after all (???)

I dunno.
----------------------------

Current Regimen

wash day one:
Shampoo and deep condition
Moisturize and oil
braid up, twist up or bun up

then following wash day (3-4 days later):
Cowash
Moisturize and oil
braid up, twist up or bun up

repeat

nightly:
moisturize and oil if needed
bun on top of head or pin braids up or otherwise put hair "away"
put on scarf and/or bonnet

-------------------

I'm pretty low maintenance. I believe it is what works for me...low manipulation and lots of moisture and coconut oil!!

-------------------
edited to add: i keep trying to make that photo smaller but it doesn't work. Sorry.

Am i the only green eye monster coming in this thread. I beg for more pics because you have me :drool::drool::drool:. I really love to see long hair pics of LHCF ladies. Hopefully one day i can inspire someone too.

@Whimpsy are you natural or relaxed hun?

Am i the only green eye monster coming in this thread. I beg for more pics because you have me :drool::drool::drool:. I really love to see long hair pics of LHCF ladies. Hopefully one day i can inspire someone too.

@Whimpsy are you natural or relaxed hun?

I think if my hair was that long and pretty, I would become insufferable! Someone would put a bounty on my head I would be so maddening!

Thanks ladies!

lol yeah I dunno what I'm gunna do...I really want to donate again, but...maybe just not yet. (?)

I moisturize with products from a few lines: mainly the pomade shop, silk dreams, and lia naturals, and I use coconut oil like it's my job.c

LovelyLouboutin I will look to see if I have any pics of that for u.

Absolutely beautiful hair :lick:! Congrats on hitting your goal. . . now onward to TBL :grin: :bdance:

Whimsy , how often do you use heat on your hair? I've been trying to grow to HL (hopefully I'll get there one day lol), and any tips or advice you could give would be so appreciated :yep:.

Praise Jesus! Just got out of church and now I know there is a God! LOL! That's some Amen Hallelujah thank you Jesus church of God in Christ Blessed holy oil GORGEOUS HL HAIR!

Last edited:
Whimsy, congrats on reaching hip length, but you are wasting your time if you want to donate your hair. Nine times out of ten most organizations, especially Locks of Love, do not use the hair that we donate, because most wig makers can't or won't work with our hair texture to make wigs, mainly because of the difficulty to batch, match and process our myriad of textures. It's easier for them to just take 1 or 2 type hair and process it to look like ours to get consistent uniformity in enough quantities to make it worth their while, even if they are really making wigs for the sick and needy. Most of the stuff we donate either gets thrown away because of heat or chemical damage, or it gets sold to labs for product testing. Once I found that out (from an acquaintance who works in such an organization), I figured I would let everyone I know, especially those of African American descent, just what they are going into when they donate their hair.

So if you want to cut it, great, but you won't be doing anybody any good with the hair you cut off. Just thought you should know. :ohwell:

Back