What Are You Doing With Your Hair This Month?

Whimsy

In keeping with my regrow hairline and bootcamp challenges, this month my hair regimen will be:

- no brushing, combing only in shower when washing.

- every 4 days: prepoo w/ coconut oil, cowash w/ vo5, condition(deep) with whatever i have left to finihs, rinse, moisturize with olive oil creme, braid in 4 or 6 braids and let airdry over night, and bun in the a.m.

- on non-wash days I'm just going to braid up at night and bun in the a.m.

- massage hairline/temple with oil nightly

What will you be doing with your hair this month?

massage every night with essential oils
try to keep soem moisture in it by DC and moisturizing daily
and FINALLY relax my hair properly

Week one - wearing it straight, oiling the scalp every night
Week two - rollersetting and oil scalp every night
Week three - co wash everyday
Week four - rollerset and oil scalp
Week five - straighten hair and oil scalp and hope for two inches :grin:

Deep condition with amla oil at every wash except for at week three. Try mustard seed oil this month.

I'm going to:

*Co-wash every other day with Suave Humectant conditioner

*Only comb thru and detangle hair in the shower after cowash.

*Deep condition 1-2x's a week while sitting under hood dryer.

*Only wear low buns using soft shunci hair bows.

* After every wash or co-wash and deep condition, applying Infusiun 23 Leave-In conditioner & castor oil.

*At the end of the month I'm going to cornrow hair and wear a half wig. Then apply MN to my scalp everyday with Castor Oil.....following with a scalp massage.

* Then I will do it all over again.

Washing twice a week DCing each time and rollersetting or pincurling by airdrying or drying it under the hood dryer. I'm trying to do air drying only to see if I can make it work for me.

I'm going to focus on low/no manipulation and baggying. My hairline really really makes me sad :nono: I don't know how it got this way but it looks SO BAD

this month i plan on a retouch/ corrective-wish me luck:yep: i'm trying to lower my manipulation but the comb keep calling my name:wallbash: i'm hoping once i get a retouch then i can just finger comb we'll see how that goes

OT: So its okay to DC everyday Loca???

At one point I used to deep condition everyday and it kept my hair soft, strong, and beautiful.

I didn't see any bad effects from DCing everyday. You can alternate between moisturizing and protein treatments.

In my opinon, you can never over condition your hair as long as you alternate between moisture and protein.

This month is a simple month for my hair. I've thrown away my brushes lol (i'm real bad for brushing my hair alot)
other than that 3-4 days i'll be cowashing
once a week shampoo and dc
also each sunday night i'll be putting my hair in cornrows to wear during the week. Spraying them with shea oil to keep my hair moist. actually thats all i'll be doing until Valentines day

washing and dc weekly.
I have also scheduled a touch up for the 19 when I will be 18 weeks post.

Same thing I'm planning to do all year :yep::
  • henna treatment once/wk
  • alma/shikakai treatment once/wk
  • dc dry hair with heat before each treatment
  • oil rinses after each treatment
  • no combing/detangling for 2-3 weeks
  • using ovation cell therapy once/week

Last edited:
Getting a touchup/trim tomorrow (9 weeks post)
chelate/do biolage cera repair treatment for 1st post relaxer wash or find something with collagen
continue my usual regimen doing ayurvedic oil cleanse every other wash
may try replacing my usual chelating poo with ABBA molasses poo for weeks 1-5
try Biolage Cera repair hydratherapie every 2 weeks vs. once a month
nightly scalp massages using new massager
wear the flexi 8 clip regularly
Personal Use it up Challenge!

Condition wash 2x a week.
Combing only when wet in shower.
Keeping it in a braided bun in between washes.
I plan on doing this for 4-6 months or until I get bored.

At one point I used to deep condition everyday and it kept my hair soft, strong, and beautiful.

I didn't see any bad effects from DCing everyday. You can alternate between moisturizing and protein treatments.

In my opinon, you can never over condition your hair as long as you alternate between moisture and protein.

Thanx Chavas...I was thinking about doing this! Excellent progress by the way:)

prepoo with alma oil, oil rinse with vatika and cowash or wash every 3 days and rollerset. Ill use caruso rollers or pincurl in between if I need to freshin up my curls. Ill mostly do my loose curly updo style and probably wear it down if Im going out with friends or hubby. Ill henna every other week.

I just did my first henna today
Take my vitamins daily
Deep condition my hair every week at night and wash my hair the next morning
Massage my scalp
Continue do learn about Indian hair product

Last edited:
After I take this sewin out I am going to clarify with baking soda, do a ACV rinse and DC.

Then I will CW and DC once a week and moisturize when neccessary.

I am going to be very low maitenance.

this month and beyond i'll be...

leaving my hair alone
keeping it in twists (protectives)

and all around not worry TOO much about it anymore lol

Keeping my itchy hands out of it and leaving it the heck alone!:ohwell:

I tell them to stop touching, but my hands think caring for something means doing something to it.

Back