Which "oil girl" are you?

Which oil?

• Coconut

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Olive

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters

pistachio

I've noticed that the ladies on here usually are one or the other a(n): olive oil girl, or a coconut oil girl. Me personally my hair LOVES coconut oil, but olive oil doesn't do well on my hair. Coconut oil is absorbed, and nurishes my hair whereas olive oil just coats, but doesn't penetrate my hair like the coconut oil does. I think it has something to do with the molecule size of the oils.

Coconut girl checking in, lol! I do use olive oil as a pre-poo though; but, I prefer coconut oil to seal in moisturizers because it gives shine like no other IMO. :)

Great thread! I'm a l'huile miskiti girl for pre poo. And a jojoba girl for the ends.

Coconut oil for me! Only because I got both and was so hooked on the coconut oil that I didn't even try the olive oil! :)

Brownsugababe:
You can get coconut oil from whole foods, any health food store, From nature with love and there are some nice ones on ebay! Coconut oil is very inexpensive! HTH!

Coconut oiler checking in. Olive oil just sits on the top of my hair and I look like a grease monkey.

pistachio said:
I've noticed that the ladies on here usually are one or the other a(n): olive oil girl, or a coconut oil girl. Me personally my hair LOVES coconut oil, but olive oil doesn't do well on my hair. Coconut oil is absorbed, and nurishes my hair whereas olive oil just coats, but doesn't penetrate my hair like the coconut oil does. I think it has something to do with the molecule size of the oils.

Coconut for the reasons you mentioned, but I use EVOO on prepoos and to deep condition, it adds intense slip!

Coconut oil for me too.

I use olive oil sometimes in conditioner mixes though. It's too greasy to use otherwise though.

I voted olive oil, but I mostly use castor oil for hot oil treatment and sealing my ends. Wow, I must try coconut oil. I seems pretty good from all the reviews.

Neither. I use Kemi Oil, but I am interested in Coconut oil. Not the solid one, but the Vatika oil.

I like the solid Coconut oil, but I don't use it as often.

amr501 said:
Coconut girl checking in, lol! I do use olive oil as a pre-poo though; but, I prefer coconut oil to seal in moisturizers because it gives shine like no other IMO. :)

Co-signin'... There's jojoba in my spritz bottle for wetting my hair as well.

Brownsugababe:
You can get coconut oil from whole foods, any health food store, From nature with love and there are some nice ones on ebay! Coconut oil is very inexpensive! HTH![/quote]

Thanks. I will definitely get some this weekend.

I voted Coconut oil, but I do use Olive oil for pre-oil shampoos and I use Jojoba oil on my ends when my hair is dry. I love coconut oil when my hair is wet...it melts into my hair and makes it really soft.

My hair likes both but I voted coconut oil because it's my favorite. I like it because it's so light and my hair absorbs it better than evoo.

Nice & Wavy said:
I voted Coconut oil, but I do use Olive oil for pre-oil shampoos and I use Jojoba oil on my ends when my hair is dry. I love coconut oil when my hair is wet...it melts into my hair and makes it really soft.

:eek: @ your siggy pic. Girl your hair is sooo pretty. Those ringlets are too cute!

Although I'm mainly using amla and kemi now, if I only had coconut and olive in the house I'd use the coconut oil.

HoneyDew said:
Neither. I use Kemi Oil, but I am interested in Coconut oil. Not the solid one, but the Vatika oil.

I like the solid Coconut oil, but I don't use it as often.
Honeydew you must've been reading my mind because I've been meaning to dc w/ plain yogurt. It's been on my mind for weeks, lol.

aww, I can't vote.. I definitely use both. I have yet to find an oil that my hair doesn't like.. or at least tolerate ;-)

I'm interested in trying coconut oil after hearing such great things about it. But I'm actually a castor oil kinda girl. I just make sure not to use too much because it can get sticky.

I couldnt vote as it just wouldnt be fair, I use the two oils equally, Ive just been using olive oil longer because its the first oil that I learned had a benefit for the hair.

Babygurl said:
I couldnt vote as it just wouldnt be fair, I use the two oils equally, Ive just been using olive oil longer because its the first oil that I learned had a benefit for the hair.
Your hair is absolutely stunning!!! How long between pics?

LocksOfLuV said:
Coconut for the reasons you mentioned, but I use EVOO on prepoos and to deep condition, it adds intense slip!

you're right about that actually, because I remember a couple of years ago starting out I used olive oil mixed with conditioner and it gave me TONS of slip.

Last edited:
Back